GDT: 5/22/21 - 12:30PM EDT - #2CD Florida vs #3CD Tampa Bay [CDSF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
That game got out of control real quick, referees were trying to control it by calling that roughing penalty on Cernak but in the end everything fell apart. Felt the Panthers were just targeting our good players after that. Hope Sergachev and Kucherov are good to go. Let's kill them off and worry about the next round. Also, Vasilevskiy with an amazing game! He kept us in it, need more performances of this nature. All around good performances from the guys.

Reactions: Peacefool

Joanna

Jan 7, 2020
St. Petersburg
They have some grit and toughness but they are soft as hell man. They just turtle, whine to the ref, flop and dont drop the gloves

Tampa took the high road being up by 4 goals and didn't want to give Florida the satisfaction of stooping to their classless level.
My hockey coach dad taught me this - winning is the revenge, but damnit! I wanted some faces washed into the ice.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
w531b0s35q071.png

Gotta love the Panthers SubReddit

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Ok, this may not be a popular take, but Duclair should be enemy #1...not Hornqvist.

As much as I despise Hornqvist historically, dude has been getting punished in front of the net all series with no calls, and his hit on Serg was borderline legal. I can't count how many crosschecks and roughs I've seen from Cernak and Serg in front of the net, where Hornqvist makes a living, that the refs don't give a shit about calling. I've actually been surprised that Hornqvist has had as much patience and taken as much of a beating until that retaliation on Cernak.

Duclair's was just a cheap shot out of nowhere.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My hockey coach dad taught me this - winning is the revenge, but damnit! I wanted some faces washed into the ice.

It wasn't really about revenge. It was more about setting a precedent and making sure everyone in the league knows our stars are not to be messed with.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
What I liked this game was tough Sergachev. I liked when he fought last season and were really tough, I havent seen such an effort in toughness(?) this seasoon untill this game. Opponents just forget how crazy can Sergy be,and how good fighter he is and today he shown something of his tough arsenal. (Sorry that i used word tough like 1000 times) :D

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It wasn't really about revenge. It was more about setting a precedent and making sure everyone in the league knows our stars are not to be messed with.
Agreed. When you don't do anything, you welcome it to happen again, and that can not happen. Whether you do something or not, it's sending a message to the other team. Send the right one.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Ok, this may not be a popular take, but Duclair should be enemy #1...not Hornqvist.

As much as I despise Hornqvist historically, dude has been getting punished in front of the net all series with no calls, and his hit on Serg was borderline legal. I can't count how many crosschecks and roughs I've seen from Cernak and Serg in front of the net, where Hornqvist makes a living, that the refs don't give a shit about calling. I've actually been surprised that Hornqvist has had as much patience and taken as much of a beating until that retaliation on Cernak.

Duclair's was just a cheap shot out of nowhere.
Yeah I'm fine with the Hornqhist hit. It wasn't quite boarding but could have been a charge as he appeared to just look ans target Serg.

But Duclair, the slash didn't look overly bad but it clearly caught Kuch somewhere awkward. It was unnecessary. He has to answer for this, but he won't. He'll ***** out or our boys just won't try and drop the gloves with him

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
i guess the 2 douche panther fans that were sitting by the glass and kept standing up bitching about every call in sunrise made the trip to Tampa and got kicked out

Reactions: Coopers Gum

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Refs lost control...again.

Protect the players.

Dirty litter box kittens on life support.

Get their golf bags out.

Reactions: Heddyzeppelin

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That game got out of control real quick, referees were trying to control it by calling that roughing penalty on Cernak but in the end everything fell apart. Felt the Panthers were just targeting our good players after that. Hope Sergachev and Kucherov are good to go. Let's kill them off and worry about the next round. Also, Vasilevskiy with an amazing game! He kept us in it, need more performances of this nature. All around good performances from the guys.
Hell, Lomberg went after our goalie.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Bettman trying to turn the NHL playoffs in full blown pro wrestling battle royal matches.

This shit isn't hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad