Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
latest

giphy.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
well is actually better we didnt run away with this

imho if we get the right calls we get 2 five on 3's one for 4 minutes lol so we probably win this game 7-1 now they cant feel totally great:)

means we got a chance to go to pitt and win :)
Robert are they just trying to give me a heart attack why do they have to do this ?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Good w the effort and drive and push was there! Vasy with a few soft goals! Pittsburgh still skates into our zone to easy! Load the blue line make them dump and chase more and work. Sit back safe is death good 1st and 2nd not a good 3rd but got it done tonight.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Had to watch the game on delay but holy **** that was intense. Nearly perfect 2 periods before we turtled and almost blew it. No more turtling please.

DaGoose

Jul 22, 2015
Had to watch the game on delay but holy **** that was intense. Nearly perfect 2 periods before we turtled and almost blew it. No more turtling please.

They kind of kicked us out of Thunder Alley during the first intermission. Someone got on the mic and said a storm is coming in 30 minutes, we are going to turn the game off. Listened to the 2nd period on the ride home. Caught the 3rd period on TV while it down poured outside.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I had a heart attack late in the third but overall a good game by the team. Ryan Callahan was a beast tonight, he gets a lot of flack because he's capable of nights like tonight. He was creating chances, blocking shots, hitting guys, etc. He did everything you expect one of your leaders to do. That's the guy the Lightning gave a big contract to. He led the charge on the first shift and the Lightning were just more aggressive tonight than the last two games. Not as many guys looking to make a perfect play but just putting the puck on net. Also they were a lot better getting out of the zone and in the neutral zone. I disagree with other posters saying we sat back in the third, I thought we were aggressive going for the fifth goal after the Kessel goal. I just think the Pens gained momentum with the Killorn penalty right after the Malkin goal. They had a sliver of hope after that second goal and saw they had a chance with that PP and took advantage of it and took momentum. Best of 3 now. It's going to take a hell of an effort to win this series since the Pens are a very good team but they can be beat.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I had a heart attack late in the third but overall a good game by the team. Ryan Callahan was a beast tonight, he gets a lot of flack because he's capable of nights like tonight. He was creating chances, blocking shots, hitting guys, etc. He did everything you expect one of your leaders to do. That's the guy the Lightning gave a big contract to. He led the charge on the first shift and the Lightning were just more aggressive tonight than the last two games. Not as many guys looking to make a perfect play but just putting the puck on net. Also they were a lot better getting out of the zone and in the neutral zone. I disagree with other posters saying we sat back in the third, I thought we were aggressive going for the fifth goal after the Kessel goal. I just think the Pens gained momentum with the Killorn penalty right after the Malkin goal. They had a sliver of hope after that second goal and saw they had a chance with that PP and took advantage of it and took momentum. Best of 3 now. It's going to take a hell of an effort to win this series since the Pens are a very good team but they can be beat.

Agree. Pens took advantage of some momentum. Think game 1 of the Islanders series where we stormed back in the 3rd took advantage of some momentum. Game 5 is gonna be fun.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL

Heart attack? Are you OK? Did you make it to the hospital in time? I'm guessing you did with posting on here :naughty:

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Agree. Pens took advantage of some momentum. Think game 1 of the Islanders series where we stormed back in the 3rd took advantage of some momentum. Game 5 is gonna be fun.

5 is probably the deciding game of the series imo. I'm proud of the guys for bouncing back tonight and showing life. I had no faith going into the game and they definitely proved me wrong

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Cally had a terrific night. Much like game 1 and 4, he needs to keep playing aggressive in your face hockey and continue to make their players lives as miserable as he can. As he and some of the other players said, it was really our compete level and our energy that made the difference, and he obviously played a part in that. But this series will go 6 or 7 games, and we can help nudge the odds in our favor by guys like him continuing to grind them down and make his presence known. And gaining and controlling momentum has been a crucial thing for us. He's definitely a guy who can spark that fire for us when he's on his game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope Cooper keeps Brown, Flip, and Callahan together. They are fun to watch, man my favorite play was Cally undressing Malkin. That is not easy to do.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I hope Cooper keeps Brown, Flip, and Callahan together. They are fun to watch, man my favorite play was Cally undressing Malkin. That is not easy to do.

Yeah, that line REALLY got under the skin of Malkin. Cally was awesome. Rotate a little Boyle in there every now and then to blast Letang and we might steal one up there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad