Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
13235205_1413489902010077_735267879257289315_o.jpg

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's going to be an interesting Saturday for Pittsburgh. Murray or MAF, and if Daley is out, do you put Maatta back in who's been more of a liability these playoffs? Decisions, decisions.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
How bout that officiating to close out the game? I thought it was almost favoring the Lightning for the first 2 periods. But the no-calls for the throat slash to Hedman, the multiple tackles of Kucherov and the 5second headlock on Kuch from Letang, Lovejoy's liberties on Brown go uncalled. Then the first ticky tack thing the Bolts do, penalty. Double standard to end the game, that's for sure.

Malkin's goal can't happen either. Tyler Johnson straight up lolligagged it up the ice allowing that 3on2 and Malkin's goal. That's almost entirely on him. If he backchecks like ****ing Jo Drouin, Malkin gets no shot there. Just terrible.

Can't fault anyone for the Kunitz goal. Good deflection on a PP shot hard to control that rebound.

Glad the series is tied up, but I can't wait to have Bishop back in net to help with our zone exits and forecheck defusing.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yea, Cooper, why didn't you bench your boy Johnson for his half ass effort which led to the Malkin goal that started the Pens on their drive in the third. You would have benched Drouin! Johnson is one of our worst defensive players and yet never pays for it by Cooper. Keep playing your favorites Coop. Keep them playing that defensive hockey not to lose as usual.

Huh Johnson is our second best defensive forward behind palat! Ya I'm not happy with the 3rd buts that's crazy talk

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Those Vasy goals were CHARMIN. Dude.... Bad.

agreed told todd this those first two goals no help defensively cant give kessel that space or malkin should never had gotten off a shot just bad but bishop A grade Bishop eats those up all day

Yeah they need to put in a solid effort defensively and keep Kessel and the big two off the score sheet next game. It's gonna be a toss up but I like our odds if we can pull it off. Not sure what to expect with Bishop...do you play him game 6 or not? (As I assume he isn't playing game 5 as of this moment)

Goalie situation will be interesting for both teams now.

got to hit all those guys more we had some opportunities one time was pissed killorn had malkin lined up in blue line area and skated around him he could have layed him out

bishop still sore so i doubt in till 7th game myself if goes that

we really got to play better in own zone defensively and yes still more stupid turnovers everyone kucherov palat callahan johnson brown killorn drouin just stupid plays at times

also not happy with consistently putting puck in there end or consistently denying them space at our blue line

this is what mean in that we got a wayyyy higher gear

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Huge game by Cally and if you didn't notice Vladdy's 2 way game tonight I don't know what to say.

As soon as we're not playing our best hockey, Pens dominates. This is going to ask an herculean effort to eliminate this team.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
How bout that officiating to close out the game? I thought it was almost favoring the Lightning for the first 2 periods. But the no-calls for the throat slash to Hedman, the multiple tackles of Kucherov and the 5second headlock on Kuch from Letang, Lovejoy's liberties on Brown go uncalled. Then the first ticky tack thing the Bolts do, penalty. Double standard to end the game, that's for sure.

Malkin's goal can't happen either. Tyler Johnson straight up lolligagged it up the ice allowing that 3on2 and Malkin's goal. That's almost entirely on him. If he backchecks like ****ing Jo Drouin, Malkin gets no shot there. Just terrible.

Can't fault anyone for the Kunitz goal. Good deflection on a PP shot hard to control that rebound.

Glad the series is tied up, but I can't wait to have Bishop back in net to help with our zone exits and forecheck defusing.

Reff'ing went straight to **** in the 3rd.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Huge game by Cally and if you didn't notice Vladdy's 2 way game tonight I don't know what to say.

As soon as we're not playing our best hockey, Pens dominates. This is going to ask an herculean effort to eliminate this team.

Yeah paquette started out well and brown had a great game. We needed those two and names to turn it up and they did. Brown was on the forecheck a lot tonight. Names did very well tonight, by far his best game of these playoffs.

Callahan has yet to score from a shot, both have been deflections. I thought tonight and game 5 against Detroit have been his best efforts so far. He got Malkin and Letang tonight pretty good. Sent Daley off with a solid check, still not sure how he was hurt. Overall, our big guns stepped up and played great. Our defense still needs to tighten up. Not sure what you can do cause the pens are so fast but I thought Coburn was awful tonight. Gary was average, as well as Stralman. Hedman was great. Sustr was very good and Carle didn't **** it up so that helps.also, KK was good bar the Malkin goal. He got taken off the play by Kunitz. He was goaded into a sword fight and lost his man. He was steady tonight, his future is bright.

Vasy was solid. Couple meh goals but I'll take it. When Bishop went down I wrote us off and thought we'd get swept, HE single handedly proved me wrong. Not the the team, but him.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

This. We have to be our absolute best if we want to advance, like it should be. There are no free rides to SCF.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Yeah paquette started out well and brown had a great game. We needed those two and names to turn it up and they did. Brown was on the forecheck a lot tonight. Names did very well tonight, by far his best game of these playoffs.

Callahan has yet to score from a shot, both have been deflections. I thought tonight and game 5 against Detroit have been his best efforts so far. He got Malkin and Letang tonight pretty good. Sent Daley off with a solid check, still not sure how he was hurt. Overall, our big guns stepped up and played great. Our defense still needs to tighten up. Not sure what you can do cause the pens are so fast but I thought Coburn was awful tonight. Gary was average, as well as Stralman. Hedman was great. Sustr was very good and Carle didn't **** it up so that helps.also, KK was good bar the Malkin goal. He got taken off the play by Kunitz. He was goaded into a sword fight and lost his man. He was steady tonight, his future is bright.

Vasy was solid. Couple meh goals but I'll take it. When Bishop went down I wrote us off and thought we'd get swept, HE single handedly proved me wrong. Not the the team, but him.

Daley's left leg gets hit by Cally's left leg at the end of the play and his ankle turns to a 90 degree angle. Looked pretty innocent, but could have broken his leg as well.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Daley's left leg gets hit by Cally's left leg at the end of the play and his ankle turns to a 90 degree angle. Looked pretty innocent, but could have broken his leg as well.

Yeah I guess...I just don't see it. Not saying he's faking it of course, just saying it's one of those were I honestly can't tell. Similar to big ben.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
We dominated the first two periods. That's huge to see since we now know we CAN be better than the Pens. I don't know what the **** you call that crap in the third. Typical Lightning, shell garbage that we'very seen for two years now.

We need much better efforts out of TyJo, Kuch and Palat. They've had their moments (very few of them) but theyre gonna have to be better.

Drouin, Boyle, Brown, Callahan were good. Hedman was good. Stralman had a much better game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad