GDT: 5/19/22 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECSF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Thats the wild thing. Guys are selling out now like it's the final. Convincing that they want number three. That was a great team effort with or without the Colton winner. Just wish they would sustain more on the forecheck at times but I can't complain I guess.

Feels good being up 2-0.
I think they might be sitting back taking what Florida gives them. Florida hasn't looked nearly as dangerous as Toronto. Tampa was forced to take it to Toronto if they wanted to proceed. This series seems like they know they'll win if they play smart.

With that said, I was getting the feeling last night that we were gonna screw around and let them back in the series. Some ballsy play by the likes for Stamkos, Palat, Hagel and others saved our ass down the stretch.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think I'd start Vasi in game 3, but there is an argument to start Elliott. Florida is bringing everything they've got next game and maybe they get the W. If there was ever a time for the win after a loss streak to end it would be on the 2nd leg of a back to back. I'd feel a lot better with Vasi in net for game 4 if game 3 is an L.
Vasi is finally playing well. Absolutely Zero reason to put Elliott in

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
When it was like 1:08 left in 3rd period, I began to speak loud "Guys you dont have Point who can win games in OT, you should score now" after that I laughed a lil bit on myself like " haha it wil never happen"...when it was 3.8 secs left I beat my hands clapping so hard that I still feeling pain there xD

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
well it is written as ernák, that is pronounced with cher in slovakian
As far as I can tell, beyond the proper name, the Slovak language has no word "cernak", though perhaps if their native son wins a third Stanley Cup in a row there will be. It's meaning will be "puck eater".

Reactions: StammerHammer

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Also last seconds of 3rd when Rutta entered O zone and left puck for Kuch, I was dissapointed and thinking (While game was ,oving on) "WTF Rutta, shot puck on net why you are dumping it at blue for Kuch,few seconds left Kuch is magician but at this point he cant do any...OMG!!!" xD

Reactions: Hoek

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I was told the proper way to pronounce Erik Cernak is

sir-nack not Chur-nack

Other responses above are refuting this, but while somewhat on the topic -- also misspell and mispronounce Sergachev, too. Transliteration puts it more like Sergachyov (Shestyorkin is similar to this too) but maybe it's easier to spell with only the "e" instead of "yo".

Wester

Oct 5, 2020
Hungary
Other responses above are refuting this, but while somewhat on the topic -- also misspell and mispronounce Sergachev, too. Transliteration puts it more like Sergachyov (Shestyorkin is similar to this too) but maybe it's easier to spell with only the "e" instead of "yo".
Yes, the hungarian broadcast pronounces them this way

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Sorry, that translates to what?
giphy.gif

Hammerlik

Feb 13, 2022
Didn’t somebody say it’s their equivalent to Smith (blacksmith)?
I was mostly talking about the pronunciation...

The name itself I would myself translate to ... Blackie? It can mean Blackman, Black dog, but even Black burger (if you burn it). Anything black and masculine. But I am not Slovak, so take it with grain of salt.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I kept coming here today and kept wondering "wtf, something up with @TheDaysOf 04? Where's the thread?" and finally realized that we're not playing today because of the stupid concert at Amalie tonight.

For my part, I'm not optimistic this will play out this way, but I'm hoping I join the Game 3 thread late, if I join it at all. I've been in Europe the last couple weeks and, for the last two games, been on a European sleeping schedule so I haven't seen the games live but in the morning after, and while Game 3 is in a perfectly watchable window, the beginning of the game is going to interfere with the ending of the championship-deciding games in Serie A for this season. Hoping and praying things break right for Inter tomorrow. If they do, I'm going to be too ecstatic to be here in time for the start of Game 3. Not very likely - need to both win and need Milan to lose outright at Sassuolo; a draw isn't good enough - but might as well hope that it'll work out that way until the very end.

Go Bolts, and Forza f***in' Inter! (and Sassuolo!)

Reactions: DaBolts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad