GDT: 5/19/22 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECSF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
i still remember people wanting Yzerman's head for trading Bishop instead of Vasy
It may seem like a no brainer in retrospect but Bish was a hell of a goalie. Great career numbers, both reg season and playoffs. Could not have been an easy decision but I have to think that Yzer was rightly concerned about his durability and that's what ultimately tipped the scales.

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
6ky4nxtd7k091.jpg

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Awesome start to the series, can we keep playing these kind of low scoring games then it looks good! But..no time to relax, they need to keep fighting as hard as in the first two games, amazing effort so far!

Reactions: Outl4w

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Shades of:

Johnson vs Montreal
Kuch vs NYI
Coleman vs Montreal

You know Kuch's eyes lit up when he saw that defensive lapse and Colton cutting to the slot. Hope this breaks the Panthers. Game 3 is important though with any momentum possibly carrying over to the next day. But the pace of this series has been ideal for us.

Reactions: J T Money and Hoek

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Boys just watched the NHLTV replay
With few min left on the video and the PP for the panthers I turned off the sound sure you were going to lose
I've been grumbling the last few games about Kuch and his backhand pass mania...I have to eat crow !

Reactions: J T Money and Hoek

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Can we recognize what a smart decision it was to keep the money on defense instead of the forwards. Thank God we didn't trade McD or anyone else. Having a good defense is crucial. Do you all remember the days when that was a weak spot of ours? Horrible.

Hammerlik

Feb 13, 2022
Holy sheet. The bois did it! Glad we have an extra day of rest after all the blocks!

Warriors indeed!

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I think it's safe to add Colton to the list of clutch performers. I also love how he's as excited to score a 4-1 goal as he's to score a GWG with 3 seconds left.

Hell of a pass by Kuch too on that goal.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Can we recognize what a smart decision it was to keep the money on defense instead of the forwards. Thank God we didn't trade McD or anyone else. Having a good defense is crucial. Do you all remember the days when that was a weak spot of ours? Horrible.
But muh Gourde line...

aessi

Jan 1, 2015
It may seem like a no brainer in retrospect but Bish was a hell of a goalie.
If i don't remember wrong Bishop was already injury-prone. Vasi was picked at #19 for a reason and i think he put up Shesterkin-like numbers in the KHL. Looking back at that 2012 draft lmao, what a parade of busts. Vasy would go first overall in redraft i think followed by Morgan Rielly.

Can we recognize what a smart decision it was to keep the money on defense instead of the forwards.
No complaints if we win a cup again or go to finals but oh boy that contract is going to look bad and soon we need to sign Serga, Cernak, Cirelli Foote etc. to new contracts.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
No complaints if we win a cup again or go to finals but oh boy that contract is going to look bad and soon we need to sign Serga, Cernak, Cirelli Foote etc. to new contracts.
I don't know - think his contract is just fine. 4 more years isn't bad, and he's still a top D-man in this league with no concerning signs that his play is dropping off with the large number of minutes he logs. And the cap freeze, well, that couldn't have been predicted when the contract was signed years ago.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Sportsnet is ready to hand us the series

After all their wins, their Presidents’ Trophy season and record-breaking offense, their upgraded lineup and first playoff series victory in 26 years, the Florida Panthers are precisely where they were last year against the Tampa Bay Lightning: down 2-0 in the playoffs after getting swept on home ice.

The only difference, after Tampa’s buzzer-beating 2-1 win Thursday in Sunrise, Fla., is that this is the second round of the National Hockey League playoffs, not the first. It looks like it will be as far as the Panthers get in the Stanley Cup tournament.
Even just a split of the next two games in Tampa should allow the Lightning to advance to another Eastern Conference Final because a team that has won nine straight playoff series is unlikely to lose three straight playoff games if they get up 3-1.
By contrast, the Lightning simply don’t beat themselves. Battle-hardened, with a winning culture that has players as hungry for their third Stanley Cup ring as they were for their first, the Lightning are always difficult to break down. They don’t implode, which is what the Panthers did in the final seconds on Thursday.
Brunette:
“They're a team that doesn't make any (mistakes). And we played 59 minutes and 40 seconds and had very little, limited mistakes and kind of were hanging in the game and managing extremely well. I thought we had more energy, more urgency. I thought we played our game the whole night. And just that 20 seconds. . . stings.”

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Thats the wild thing. Guys are selling out now like it's the final. Convincing that they want number three. That was a great team effort with or without the Colton winner. Just wish they would sustain more on the forecheck at times but I can't complain I guess.

Feels good being up 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad