GDT: 5/18/21 - 8:00PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #2CD Florida [CDSF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I hope we sweep them just because I'll lose my mind if I have to listen to this Panthers broadcast again. It's honestly in the Jack Edwards territory and I'm not even exaggerating.
Lets finish them in Tampa. I don't want to watch a Panthers broadcast again this season. Or ever.
I had to listen to the brutal cats broadcast team for game 1 but the away feed was available for game 2. It made it much more enjoyable to watch. Randorf grew on me as the season went on. I really like his style now, although I still miss Peckham.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I had to listen to the brutal cats broadcast team for game 1 but the away feed was available for game 2. It made it much more enjoyable to watch. Randorf grew on me as the season went on. I really like his style now, although I still miss Peckham.
Yeah, I thought it would be a bigger adjustment but it only took a couple of games to get used to Randorf. He has that pleasant broadcasters voice.

Florida's announcer though is pure cringe.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not sure why people think we would explore this option. We can shed salary in other ways. This is not it. This team is not ready for Sergachev's dumbass to take those pk minutes and 5v5 minutes. We get worse by moving him. He's not regressing. He goes to a lot of other teams and is their #1... move on from Johnson and make tough decisions elsewhere. We have forwards capable of scoring, we don't have defenders capable of doing what he does. Matter of fact, we brought in one hoping he would help and he's been ass. The lack of puck moving on the right compared to last year is obvious. Moving McD to put Sergachev there makes us worse. I find it hard to believe Brisebois would see that and pull the trigger. Team takes a significant dip moving him...

Got a chuckle at people thinking suggesting this all year, McDonagh logs the heaviest defensive minutes on this team yearly, he starts the most in the d-zone, plays the most PK and he's the go-to shutdown guy. Not to mention he's padded insurance in case someone goes out, imagine leaning on Hedman/Sergachev alone when one or the other gets injured.

He has some slow months in the regular season but why would anyone want McDonagh to play as the game he does in the playoffs in the RS? This guy is physically handing it out and shot blocking everything, he's what some people think Savard is in the playoffs.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
savard2.JPG

I wish Savard's hockey game was as strong as his beard game

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Was reading the Panthers board again... they wanted maroons head for doing the chicken wings at them.... they cant be serious? keep calling him Fat Pat cause he will drop Lomberg and Marchment with the 1-2 combo

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I don't think Johnson has been bad in his very limited time so far, but Maroon on the other hand looks like a weak link out there. He can be effective when he's mainly relied upon to be the big lug who can cycle while the others get the puck and make plays (like with Paquette/Gourde last season and Colton/Joseph now), but he's so limited.

Hopefully Goodrow gets healthy and the 4th line gets that balance back, because they were very effective at times.

Is Joseph injured? Figured he'd be banged up after that play in game 1 which looked like a broken neck waiting to happen.

Joseph is out because of how effective the 11 and 7 is. I love it because it lets us ice a stronger 4th line

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Someone on here said when the lightning go 11/7 their record is similar to 12/6, but I find that hard to believe. Too lazy to go through all the box scores from the last few years but it seems like they seldom lose 11/7.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Reactions: RussianGuyovich

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
Cause 17m>9m lol even though 7.7m of ours is towards 2 players that havent played in 2-3 years

Looks like a great series, enjoyed the first 2 games and looks like your experience has shown that you guys are still the team to beat.

I don't buy this excuse about cap circumvention being a method of cheating, Toronto has always looked to use the LTIR to buy cap space, and for the record I believe 10 teams in the playoffs are over the cap with LTIR. I think any GM who looks into the rules and uses them to their advantage is a genius and any GM that doesn't is a fool.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
That was a great performance! Defense was solid and Vasi played great. Don't think we allowed them to create that many dangerous chances in the third, maybe a couple which Vasi dealt with.

Also loved the effort everyone put in, they just have to continue working hard and not relax one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad