GDT: 5/18/21 - 8:00PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #2CD Florida [CDSF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Last I remember he threw a big hit in the Florida zone but that seems a while ago. Then when they had everyone but Stamkos out for the PP1 unit I was a bit worried.... but I get wanting to have 2 D out there with a minute to go, but why Palat instead of Stammer. Idk... I was curious.

Stamkos took the faceoff in the shift right before the PP, he's fine.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Seems tame in comparison to last game but I still found it exciting. Definitely showed more structure and attention to detail defensively, love what I've seen from Killorn and Cirelli so far. McDonagh and Cernak had a heck of a game too, nice to see.

Lomberg is ready to fight with Sergachev and Coleman, but flops against Savard and Cernak. I know the guy isn't afraid of anyone but he's establishing himself as one of the bigger clowns in the league, kind of went under the radar during the season being with the Panthers. Credit to him for doing his job, but wouldn't mind someone getting it over with in game 3 with this guy.

Vasy made some low key BIG saves, he was fantastic tonight. Panthers were in this game until Yandle killed any chance they had. He looks like a liability out there and has stood out in a bad way.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Guys McDonagh is a beast. He was huge in the playoffs last year and has been big again these two games.

I don't want to give him to Seattle.

Not sure why people think we would explore this option. We can shed salary in other ways. This is not it. This team is not ready for Sergachev's dumbass to take those pk minutes and 5v5 minutes. We get worse by moving him. He's not regressing. He goes to a lot of other teams and is their #1... move on from Johnson and make tough decisions elsewhere. We have forwards capable of scoring, we don't have defenders capable of doing what he does. Matter of fact, we brought in one hoping he would help and he's been ass. The lack of puck moving on the right compared to last year is obvious. Moving McD to put Sergachev there makes us worse. I find it hard to believe Brisebois would see that and pull the trigger. Team takes a significant dip moving him...

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Cirelli had a huge bounce back game. Still snake bit, but whatever...he contributed.

Cernak is a machine. Watching him hold back multiple times from beating the shit out of FL's pests was hilarious.

Coleman has been outstanding lately.

Stamkos, Maroon, Johnson, and Savard are all dogshit.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Cirelli had a huge bounce back game. Still snake bit, but whatever...he contributed.

Cernak is a machine. Watching him hold back multiple times from beating the shit out of FL's pests was hilarious.

Coleman has been outstanding lately.

Stamkos, Maroon, Johnson, and Savard are all dogshit.

Postseason Stamkos is in full form. He got worse as the game moved on. Except for that late shift and hit, he was pretty invisible for stretches.

Cirelli and Killorn looked good tonight. Hope they can score some as we continue.

Cernak is amazing, guy is so good and only getting better.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I don't think Johnson has been bad in his very limited time so far, but Maroon on the other hand looks like a weak link out there. He can be effective when he's mainly relied upon to be the big lug who can cycle while the others get the puck and make plays (like with Paquette/Gourde last season and Colton/Joseph now), but he's so limited.

Hopefully Goodrow gets healthy and the 4th line gets that balance back, because they were very effective at times.

Is Joseph injured? Figured he'd be banged up after that play in game 1 which looked like a broken neck waiting to happen.

Reactions: NatoGhost

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Postseason Stamkos is in full form. He got worse as the game moved on. Except for that late shift and hit, he was pretty invisible for stretches.

Cirelli and Killorn looked good tonight. Hope they can score some as we continue.

Cernak is amazing, guy is so good and only getting better.
Cernak is always so quietly impressive. Always solid in both ends, never worried about ant big mess ups with him on the ice and you know the boys are protected when that mans out there. I hope we lock him up again when his 3 years are up.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Cernak is always so quietly impressive. Always solid in both ends, never worried about ant big mess ups with him on the ice and you know the boys are protected when that mans out there. I hope we lock him up again when his 3 years are up.
there's no way we dont..we have 0 competent righties ready to take those minutes. He's pretty much a 2/3 at the moment, we are just spoiled to have 4 very good (When Sergachev isn't being stupid) defenseman. Foote is a couple years off from being steady enough and the others are 1-2 year stop gaps. Important pieces, but not taking Cernaks spot. We need him.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So I've been watching Hedman more and more now to try and guess what his injury might be and im thinking its writst/hand related.

While his passing is still somewhat okay, he hasn't taken a single slap shot and seems to be keeping one hand off his stick more than usual. His go to is one hand on the stick and using his length and reach against the attacker, but his hand (I think the left) just looks/seems uncomfortable. He's known to be passive but has shown he's willing to take the shot, doesn't seem to be the case right now.

I'll be watching him more next game. His skating has been fine.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
So I've been watching Hedman more and more now to try and guess what his injury might be and im thinking its writst/hand related.

While his passing is still somewhat okay, he hasn't taken a single slap shot and seems to be keeping one hand off his stick more than usual. His go to is one hand on the stick and using his length and reach against the attacker, but his hand (I think the left) just looks/seems uncomfortable. He's known to be passive but has shown he's willing to take the shot, doesn't seem to be the case right now.

I'll be watching him more next game. His skating has been fine.

My guess is shoulder.

I still don’t know why Schenn isn’t getting more minutes.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
My guess is shoulder.

I still don’t know why Schenn isn’t getting more minutes.
Yeah, could be shoulder as well, although he's taken some hits and seemed to brush them off fine. Definitely hasn't looked like himself though, he looks way too average right now.

My guess is Schenn is here incase the games get out of hand, but he played decently well this season and i'm not opposed to a few more shifts, but he doesn't match the speed of Florida at all, so you gotta be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad