GDT: 5/18/16 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Pittsburgh VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Garrison was pretty freakin' bad.

CiybiSAWsAAXV7V.jpg:large

Why did Cooper seperate Boyle and Cally? Looking at that chart if I'm reading correctly, my eye test was right on the money, they were very good. Created chances and also limited the opponents. Should of put Brown or even Killorn with them. Cooper even with last change did not have an answer.

If Paquette is still in the top 9 over Drouin, it is further proof that Cooper is playing favorites and has major issues with Drouin. I understand the kid messed up bad, but Paquette has just been ****ing useless and bringing his line down and making bad mistakes as well.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It all went downhill since Cooper scratched Nesterov. J/k

I'm hopeless,we are being outclassed... The same exact feeling as I had in this damn dream prior to the game. It so pisses me off.

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
The Pens made the Caps D look slow. And they are doing that to us. Their D is not physical but can skate. We may need to go to KK and Nest just to match up speed wise. It's almost like they have 5 forwards the way they can skate. I wish De'Angelo was ready because we could use his speed against a team like this. Stralman is not near 100% and is playing to many minutes IMO

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't know why this bugs me so much but Cooper gave Coburn 2 more shifts after that absolute dumb**** penalty until he took yet another penalty and then finally benched him. I don't care if we "need" our D more than our forwards. At that point that game was pretty much over. And if any player needed to be stapled to the bench to learn a lesson it was Coburn after that pointless, selfish idiocy.

Was he the one who gave up on the Drouin turnover play too ? I don't remember but if so he was by far the most costly player on the ice for us last night

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't know if he gave up but literally all he had to do was stop in front of the net instead of peeling away for some inexplicable reason and Hagelin has no chance at the rebound.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!! Holy crap, its one game people, get over it. Pitt wanted it more and they got outworked in every aspect of the game. Series is 2-1, not over by a long shot. You can sulk all you want but Tampa still has a chance. Win game 4, series is tied. How do you think blues fans felt after losing game 2 at home 4-0? Do you think they just gave up on their team? Doubt it.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
are we in trouble sure

is bishop back in net friday? He is on ice this morning before official skate meaning probably not ready odds of play 20 percent imho

stamkos odds of play will give 5 % said take at least a week on changing plan had scheduled day off yesterday so needs these practices today to see if can play in game five. Game five odds i say over 50% so is a good chance:)

I we done NO we got to fix whatever was wrong. We played great in first GREAT we play that same intensity and stop them crossing blue line and make life hard? We can trasition and play with them.

The concerning thing is the FIRST that is not our best gear or the true tampa bay lightning team playing at a high level even. I have absolute FAITH this team can dominate pittsburgh in every facet like they did us last night.

We got to want it more we got to be on same page and hit and desire and overcome.

We've seen this team do it so is a chance:)

Hope they do and i said 7 am sticking to it

BOLTS WIN

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
1st let me I want you guys to win so bad and I can't stand the gloating 90% of the fan base is doing on the main board GDT. We are the greatest you suck mentality is frustrating at best. Considering Pittsburgh has "dominated" the series and they are up 2-1 and won one of those games in OT I would not get too down and hopefully their players (just like their fans) take the next game for granted. For a city that "almost lost their team" they sure do have millions of fans but yet couldn't sell tickets when they weren't good. Really speaks of a entitled group too say the least.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Then trade Bishop. I'm tired of a team this Damn good using him as a ****ing crutch. If this is indication of what we will see anytime anyone but bishop suits up for us. Trade bishop asap. We're too good for this ****.

I'd rather have bishop than a much inferior team with dmen doing what they did last night. It's unfortunate but the injury bug has struck again and it looks like it's done the job. We know how they play with Vasy, Stralman is dragging down his line every shift, no Stammer means cover is all on the 1st line and we have inferior 2nd/3rd/4th lines to pitts. Only standout from this series has been Boyle.

Brian ****ing Boyle. And Vasy but I meant skaters.

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
I don't know what's wrong with the team but I hope to never see another game like last night. Ugh. Please win Friday. I just don't think that team is so much better than us to cause this type of mismatch.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
1st let me I want you guys to win so bad and I can't stand the gloating 90% of the fan base is doing on the main board GDT. We are the greatest you suck mentality is frustrating at best. Considering Pittsburgh has "dominated" the series and they are up 2-1 and won one of those games in OT I would not get too down and hopefully their players (just like their fans) take the next game for granted. For a city that "almost lost their team" they sure do have millions of fans but yet couldn't sell tickets when they weren't good. Really speaks of a entitled group too say the least.
You are so spot on with this assessment. We experienced it last year too, especially with the fans of a certain team in the Central division. But we are okay with it by now; we get that we will always be that "Southern, non-traditional" team that those kind of fans love to hate.

With the way we have played, we could easily be down 3-0 at this point. Then again, with some of the key missed opportunities we had in game 2, we could undeservedly be up 2-1 (despite that terrible show last night).
As some others have said, Vasilevskiy has been awesome, but we are seeing how important Bishop is to our defensive play. Our D have clearly become accustomed to Bishop breaking the forecheck for them and making their life easy. As Bolt32 said, it has become a "crutch."

As a pessimist, I do not see us making the necessary adjustments (player or coach) to turn this series around. Some of the players look downright tired at this point, and who can blame them with the number of games they have played these last two years? The coaching staff still seems to enjoy doing the counter-intuitive (see Carle-Sustr), rather than the obvious (general line juggling when the team isn't doing **** - instead reverting to what has bailed him out in the past).

I hope I am wrong though, and we turn it around. :handclap:

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I went to bed before I got banned last night, But team played like **** and is no way on Vassy he played his heart out and deserves much much better then they are giving him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
As good as 5/62/89 decide to be on any given night. Last night, those two were not, not, not good.

What did Sustr do wrong last night? He didn't do anything special but wasn't on the ice for any goals against.

Sustr has been on the ice for 1 goal against the entire series while Stralman has been on for 5 in just 2 games.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Is there a chance the flu is going around the locker room? Cally already had to sit a game for it. Remember game 6 at home against the Rangers last year? We got absolutely blown out, then it came out that most of our team was battling the flu. We then proceeded to shut them out in game 7. As discouraging as the last two stinkers have been, we still have a shot.

Also, never pictured myself saying this - but Stralman's defensive positioning and decision making has been absolute ****. Terrible. He better work himself back into a groove quickly.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Why did Cooper seperate Boyle and Cally? Looking at that chart if I'm reading correctly, my eye test was right on the money, they were very good. Created chances and also limited the opponents. Should of put Brown or even Killorn with them. Cooper even with last change did not have an answer.

If Paquette is still in the top 9 over Drouin, it is further proof that Cooper is playing favorites and has major issues with Drouin. I understand the kid messed up bad, but Paquette has just been ****ing useless and bringing his line down and making bad mistakes as well.

I've recovered enough since last night to post here again. Paq has been GOD AWFUL this entire playoffs. He needs to be parked in the press box until the season is over.

No offense, horrible forechecking, slow to get back across the red line on defense. Paq is so much worse than Drouin because he's offering nothing but a body on the ice. Move JT up with Boyle and Cally and Drouin up with Kucherov and Palat. Set up Flip, TJ, and Killorn on the second line and mix them up with the 1st the entire game.

We need speed and pressure, not the garbage we saw last night.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Is there a chance the flu is going around the locker room? Cally already had to sit a game for it. Remember game 6 at home against the Rangers last year? We got absolutely blown out, then it came out that most of our team was battling the flu. We then proceeded to shut them out in game 7. As discouraging as the last two stinkers have been, we still have a shot.

Also, never pictured myself saying this - but Stralman's defensive positioning and decision making has been absolute ****. Terrible. He better work himself back into a groove quickly.

I don't know but we surely look slower and slower as the game goes on. We played only 11 games previously though, we shouldn't be that tired, not yet.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
What did Sustr do wrong last night? He didn't do anything special but wasn't on the ice for any goals against.

Sustr has been on the ice for 1 goal against the entire series while Stralman has been on for 5 in just 2 games.

He joined with his old buddy and became THE CARLSTER.

:amazed:

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Despite Vasi's play, the outlook is quite bleak. Especially considering our history of cratering in the playoffs after a Bishop injury. Just not the same team without Bishop in net.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Despite Vasi's play, the outlook is quite bleak. Especially considering our history of cratering in the playoffs after a Bishop injury. Just not the same team without Bishop in net.

Yep. Seems almost like we're turtling to shelter Vasy, but it's having the opposite effect. The last 2 games have been inexcusable efforts.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015

Can't argue this fact. And the defense looks totally lost out there. All of them, including Hedman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad