GDT: 5/13/16 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #2 Pittsburgh [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
CBC was only a bit better. I watched the NHL highlights and noticed that on the Drouin goal NBC actually called it a save at first. Then was like "oh wait it's in. I thought it was a save."

Nice job guys.

Yeah that pissed me off. There was NO WAY he saved that so it got a major WTF from me until they admitted he scored.

Picture of the NBC crew on Drouin's goal. An objective bunch to say the least :D

174768fpl.jpg

i originally thought save of the year your kidding me than they get around to saying goal

then dummies say which i loved DROUIN HIT IT SO HARD IT STUCK IN NET

i was like thats what i thought how you drouinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't agree with Cally not even getting a hearing, but I'll take it. Hopefully this means the Pens will be chasing Cally around in game 2 trying to take his head off instead of focusing on winning the game.

nyhockeyfan

Apr 9, 2014
Hi I am still confused about the difference between boarding and a clean hit that happens to send a player's head into the boards. It seems to me if Johnson hadn't turned, Kunitz would have slammed him into the boards exactly as Callahan boarded Letang. But all the commentators said the Kunitz hit was clean. It seemed to me to be just as late as the Callahan one.

Would someone be willing to explain to me why one is bad and the other is okay? Thanks.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I don't agree with Cally not even getting a hearing, but I'll take it. Hopefully this means the Pens will be chasing Cally around in game 2 trying to take his head off instead of focusing on winning the game.

Just have Matt Carle and Callahan swap jerseys for the rest of the series. :sarcasm:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hi I am still confused about the difference between boarding and a clean hit that happens to send a player's head into the boards. It seems to me if Johnson hadn't turned, Kunitz would have slammed him into the boards exactly as Callahan boarded Letang. But all the commentators said the Kunitz hit was clean. It seemed to me to be just as late as the Callahan one.

Would someone be willing to explain to me why one is bad and the other is okay? Thanks.

The CBC guys, Don "Look At These Beauty Hits!" Cherry included, didn't think Kunitz's hit was clean.

Honestly, I thought both plays were dirty, but thought Cally's had less plausible deniability, so I figured he'd get a game.

The most surprising thing is, with all those little borderline/accidentally on purpose plays, that the league didn't give somebody SOMETHING just to try to settle things down. This could get ugly.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just have Matt Carle and Callahan swap jerseys for the rest of the series. :sarcasm:

Screw that. Cally's the best diver in the league. He could dodge an elbow by five feet and sell it like Ric Flair.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Screw that. Cally's the best diver in the league. He could dodge an elbow by five feet and sell it like Ric Flair.

Lmao, so true Cally might his best series of the postseason just by getting the pens skin.

"It's coming all series long" :laugh:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

ya i have been against these types of hits since beginning until they make a head shot or crash board in numbers mandatory 1 or 2 missed games this issue will sooner or later cause a career or even death or something extremely scary or bad.

i get sickened when see these hits letang also at fault stared him down still put himself in vulnerable position ie is why there is a debate lol. just make it standard and make it if you take a guy out this way you are suspended as long as that other player is out

thats my two cents on this but obviously nothing will change till a star gets ruined in a major market etc..

now to ny that is the problem different refs differing rules differing disciplines if you can get a legit take on it and go through and look at different hits etc.. and make sense of it you will be a great man lol

not being sarcastic no one gets what is going to happen one hit to another its crazy

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I am so frustrated by the press from this game.

Just concentrating on how the Penguins are going to win the next one. More talk on Crosby than on Killorn... or Palat...

I usually like the National Post... but...

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...malkin-to-rebound-against-tampa-bay-lightning

ugh !

Just the way we like it.

;)

Seriously though, pretty much the only time you know you're going to get the TB Lightning A-game is when they think they're underdogs. Cocky bunch of kids, we've got here.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Just the way we like it.

;)

Seriously though, pretty much the only time you know you're going to get the TB Lightning A-game is when they think they're underdogs. Cocky bunch of kids, we've got here.

Hope we bring our A game in game 2 as well. They have to have the mentality of a game 5 or game 7 here for the whole series. Do not give Pittsburgh any life.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
CBC was only a bit better. I watched the NHL highlights and noticed that on the Drouin goal NBC actually called it a save at first. Then was like "oh wait it's in. I thought it was a save."

Nice job guys.

CBC guys are still mourning the elimination of OV and the Caps.....again.

Healy and Hughson are in love with OV.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sullivan about to get out coached.

Malkin hurts the Pens team game, but will average a point a game doing it. Going two three games with nothing. Then get a multiple point game that brings the average up.

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
I saw a replay of the hit. Letang was looking at Callahan and then went to the boards and ducked his head just to make sure he got a boarding call. I like how he slammed his own head in the boards. Very good acting. Naturally, he had to go to the dressing room for a few minutes to really sell it. The Pens should relocate to Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad