GDT: 5/13/16 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #2 Pittsburgh [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Heard he had x-rays and they were negative. All that means is no structural damage. Could still be a knee/ankle sprain that keeps him out for the season. ****, a high ankle sprain might still be affecting him at the start of next season.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Heard he had x-rays and they were negative. All that means is no structural damage. Could still be a knee/ankle sprain that keeps him out for the season. ****, a high ankle sprain might still be affecting him at the start of next season.

That's what I'm fearing. I just hope he doesn't have any long term effects with this. I don't expect him to play again this season with the way he was after that injury. He has a flair for dramatic but that seemed to real to be just an overreaction.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
That's what I'm fearing. I just hope he doesn't have any long term effects with this. I don't expect him to play again this season with the way he was after that injury. He has a flair for dramatic but that seemed to real to be just an overreaction.

I was thinking about it, and it is possible that the trainers just wanted to be extremely thorough and be careful not make anything worse until they can figure out what it is. Don't necessarily want him playing through an injury again if they can rest him a bit and get him healthy faster.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Cally's hit certainly wasn't clean. It's an open question of whether it's a suspension or not, though.

I guess we'll see. I wouldn't be shocked to see no suspension, and I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a game. With Brown back his loss will hurt a little less, at least.

I just saw it in a slow motion replay, and in slow motion it didn't look that bad. (I have not seen the game because I am out of town).

I heard mixed things on whether the Kunitz knee to knee was clean or not. Someone said Kunitz stuck out his knee as Johnson tried to jump around him. Someone else said that Johnson was hit in the knees from behind. Someone else said that Johnson was elbowed and kneed in the midsection. I have no idea what actually happened.

This game was obviously a fluke, because there is no way the Lightning will win one game. I still say it is Pens in 4.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
NBC announcers were so deflated at the end of the game, felt like they were covering a funeral. Unprofessional ****heads.

Something I noticed when we lost both Bish and TJ is that the team did not lose its composure. They were cheering each others up, joking on the bench and looked very confident, there's something special about this team. This is going to be an extremely difficult series though, we were the better team tonight but I expect Pitts to elevate its games from now on. Stralman coming back is a must do now, I fear Bishop's injury, despite not being as bad it first looked, could be tough to overcome if he can't return quickly. Vasi is good but Bish is such on another level.

As a side note, Palat scored his 5th point on the last 6 games, he entering beast mode against the Pens would be so perfectly timed. The good news is that Pitts defense seems suspect against our speed and our depth caused problems to their own depth. Cullen was literally gasping for air. It's extremely important that the Boyle line keeps shutting down the Crosby line, even if Sullivan tried to avoid this match-up later in the game. We need to play tight defense and rely on the breakaway. Letang had a very rough game regarding our counter attacks, he's very aggressive at the blueline and we must take advantage of this. I was also very pleased how Vladdy stepped up once TJ went down, that's real depth there.

To steal 1 game on the road is mission accomplished. Now let's make a statement win and head back home with a 2-0 lead. Go Bolts !

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
What's really happened tonight though is Drej woke up offensively. It was bound to happen.

Palat is second on the team in individual High-danger scoring chance, only behind Killorn, yes Drej starting to convert his scoring opportunities was bound to happen

In addition to my comment above, have to give kudos to Killer. What a ******* beast in the playoffs. He terrorizes D down low. He's like Marshawn Lynch whe he chips it low - looking for contact. Love it.

From one Beastmode to another. ;)

Killer was a monster tonight.

I'd say, just a normal day at the office !

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd be a lot more confident about the way we played tonight if not for the Bishop injury. Yeah, there were some scrambly moments, but I thought we were the better (and faster) 5v5 team until we went into Shell Mode.

The Pens are going to come out guns blazing on Monday. But whatever. I'm so proud of this team right now. Just happy to be a Lightning fan.

rinkleroot

May 3, 2009
I'd be a lot more confident about the way we played tonight if not for the Bishop injury. Yeah, there were some scrambly moments, but I thought we were the better (and faster) 5v5 team until we went into Shell Mode.

The Pens are going to come out guns blazing on Monday. But whatever. I'm so proud of this team right now. Just happy to be a Lightning fan.

the Bolts were the better team but the way the announcers are kissing the pens *** makes you think otherwise

pens fans were in total shock from the very start!!

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I've only turned on the Lightning Live postgame a couple times this postseason...is Engblom involved at all in any of them? Would be a bit disappointed to find out that he isn't...

He hasn't been in the times I watched. That's okay. More air time for Chief and I need my homerism after an NBC game. The way he ripped Capuano after he whined was his best work all season. :laugh:

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Bradenton is giving away Penguins promotional items. Rally Towels for all Pitt fans that show up the third game at Amalie Arena. #BoycottBradenton is currently trending on tweeter. Never again will Bradenton get a penny from my pocketbook. **** Bradenton.

Story here: http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/140975516-story

Don't sweat it. Bradenton is "that" suburb of Sarasota where we go to dump our garbage.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Don't sweat it. Bradenton is "that" suburb of Sarasota where we go to dump our garbage.

Another masterful plan from Vinik to get Bolts only fans at the arena: Anyone carrying those towels at the security gate, refuse entry and give a refund :)

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
NBC announcers were so deflated at the end of the game, felt like they were covering a funeral. Unprofessional ****heads.

CBC was only a bit better. I watched the NHL highlights and noticed that on the Drouin goal NBC actually called it a save at first. Then was like "oh wait it's in. I thought it was a save."

Nice job guys.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Any video of that? :handclap:

Don't have video but I remember what he said.

After game 4 Capuano was saying how he really liked how his team played against TB and that he doesn't need to change too much. Then when the feed got back to Chief and PK, chief was like I wonder what kind of glasses he was wearing during that game because I'll tell you what outside of the first period the Lightning really took it to the Isles tonight.

Can we get chief between the glass over Pierre??

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
CBC was only a bit better. I watched the NHL highlights and noticed that on the Drouin goal NBC actually called it a save at first. Then was like "oh wait it's in. I thought it was a save."

Nice job guys.

Yeah that pissed me off. There was NO WAY he saved that so it got a major WTF from me until they admitted he scored.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
The Bolts are the underdogs according all the geniuses and vegas. I will take the win(s) instead of kudos and respect any day.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Bradenton is giving away Penguins promotional items. Rally Towels for all Pitt fans that show up the third game at Amalie Arena. #BoycottBradenton is currently trending on tweeter. Never again will Bradenton get a penny from my pocketbook. **** Bradenton.

Story here: http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/140975516-story

This makes me wanna puke. Frankly Bradentuky sucks anyway, its our Shellbyville.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Nice job guys.

Picture of the NBC crew on Drouin's goal. An objective bunch to say the least :D

174768fpl.jpg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Screw the Penguins. Everybody seems to be caught up with the Penguins recent razzle dazzle but are forgetting who the defending Eastern Conference Champions are. How on earth is Tampa the underdog? Go kick their ass, please. Thanks.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Screw the Penguins. Everybody seems to be caught up with the Penguins recent razzle dazzle but are forgetting who the defending Eastern Conference Champions are. How on earth is Tampa the underdog? Go kick their ass, please. Thanks.

I'm a Ranger fan but I'm on the Tampa bandwagon at the moment. I hope you kick their xxxes. Penguins are SO hate-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad