GDT: 5/12 Game 6: Part 3: Bruins @ Habs: 7:30pm ET CBC,RDS,NBCSN, 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
That split second hesitation we had since Game 1... the hesitation that started with the first pipe ring. The first missed empty net. Still hasn't left us. :(

Exactly. For whatever reason it's been there the entire series. I can't figure out why, but it's definitely there. They need to STOP FREAKING THINKING! It's not a sport for rocket scientists...it's really pretty basic and simple when it comes down to it and you can easily make it more difficult on yourself over thinking your options. They gotta see it, react and get it done. Maybe we should plaster signs all over the glass tomorrow that say "Thinking" with a big circle around it and a line through it? LOL

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I think in part you're right, but the players who haven't been doing that have been Krug, Hamilton, Boychuck, and the 3rd line. That leaves just too many others stuck in neutral.

Pretty much. Although you can go back to Game 1 where Krug had the top half of the net wide freaking open and he hesitated on the shot and then had to make a pass, which inevitably led to transition for the Habs instead of a goal to us. So technically even he isn't free from the "over thinking" disease. They need to all stop it. Thinking is over rated. :yo:

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I do, stylistically this team is no where near as gritty, nasty, and cocky(in a good way) as that team was. Also, the majority of the offense starts with the blue line on this team...while that was far far from the case that year.

This team goes out and for the most part, treats it as business as usual, playing a puck controlling game that plays a very contained defense. That team wanted to go out and kick the piss out of the other team, while the D's job was basically clear the crease after Thomas makes the save.

Largely different teams, not enough for me to hang my hat on a Presidents trophy with "well they won a cup." Not saying one style is better than the other(there's definitely one I prefer more), just that they are different.
It is too early in the playoffs to make that comparison.I didn't think the Bruins were particularly cocky when they were going into game 7 against Montreal in 2011.If anything this group is cockier ,look how they reacted to last night's loss ,oh well we will win this in 7. We will really find out how gritty ,nasty and cocky this team is tomorrow night.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@ScoutingTheRefs: Referees for #Bruins #Canadiens tomorrow are Dave Jackson & Dan O'Rourke. Stats on the way... #BOS #MTL

From game 2.

Last edited:

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
If I can comment on the Defense for just a moment, in part it's been great on the offensive side of the game, as Krug, Hamilton, and Boychuk have been really active in getting into the play and helping to create scoring chances, as well as scoring themselves.

What has been missing though are what I think are the Bruins two best stay at home Dmen, Seidenberg and McQuaid. Not that Chara, Boychuk, Hamilton, and Krug haven't been fairly solid defensively, but those 4 really split their duties between defense and aiding on the offense. Bartkowski, Miller, Meszaros,... none of them fill the skates of Seidenberg or McQuaid in how those two defend the fort as their principal role.

canoebears

Jul 11, 2007
salmon arm b,c,
The problem is that those mental mistakes do exist, the puck luck does not, and it was not 2-0 after two periods. It's been that way almost all series.

At what point do we stop saying, "well the puck is gonna go post-IN this game" and "Price craps out the horse shoe and rabbit's foot before the game tonight."?

Bruins have room to be so much better, and if they don't act on it they're not winning tomorrow night. Period.

They will act on it and they will win

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Get the lead on them and then employ the dreaded 1-3-1 trap on them. Makes for boring hockey but a win's a win :sarcasm:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Can someone create a GIF of each Habs player throwing their arms up in befuddled pretend innocence everytime a camera panned to them squared up against an angry Bruin? I can only shake my head at thst, it literally pains my soul to see that garbage.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
XkwRiZH.gif

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Can someone create a GIF of each Habs player throwing their arms up in befuddled pretend innocence everytime a camera panned to them squared up against an angry Bruin? I can only shake my head at thst, it literally pains my soul to see that garbage.

It's such a farce. And even sadder is how often it works.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
@ScoutingTheRefs: Referees for #Bruins #Canadiens tomorrow are Dave Jackson & Dan O'Rourke. Stats on the way... #BOS #MTL

From game 2.

Dave Jackson is a bad one. Special teams could be the key to this game, specifically the PK.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Dave Jackson is a bad one. Special teams could be the key to this game, specifically the PK.

- The PK also hasn't been as good as it should be.

- I'm not expecting anyone to show up in game 3 who hasn't already shown up, except Bergeron. I'm thinking goals from Boychuk, Krug, and Bergeron and hoping that 3 goals will be enough.

- Did the Bruins lose 3 or more games against any other team this Season other than Montreal?
... Regardless of the answer, they only lost 3 to Montreal in the Regular Season, they won't lose more than 3 to Montreal in the Playoffs. :crossfing

Durnberg

Feb 2, 2007
I don't remember ever being so disappointed with the effort put forth by the Bruins. They were falling all over, fanning on a lot of shots and passes, but did managed to pass pucks in front of our own net. Aside from maybe Soderberg, Krejci and a few others, I could swear they didn't want to win last night.

Where did the chip on the shoulder go? It was there last game. :help:

The worst part is that we still had enough opportunities to win the game, just not able to finish. I felt DK was trying too hard. IMO you could tell he really wanted to make something happen when he got possession.

The scoreboard was embarrassing last night, almost everyone needs to be better.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If I can comment on the Defense for just a moment, in part it's been great on the offensive side of the game, as Krug, Hamilton, and Boychuk have been really active in getting into the play and helping to create scoring chances, as well as scoring themselves.

What has been missing though are what I think are the Bruins two best stay at home Dmen, Seidenberg and McQuaid. Not that Chara, Boychuk, Hamilton, and Krug haven't been fairly solid defensively, but those 4 really split their duties between defense and aiding on the offense. Bartkowski, Miller, Meszaros,... none of them fill the skates of Seidenberg or McQuaid in how those two defend the fort as their principal role.

I agree to a point.I am not convinced that if we substituted McQuaid for Miller it would be making a whole lot of difference.Last night,perhaps:sarcasm: but not over the course of the entire series.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
- The PK also hasn't been as good as it should be.

- I'm not expecting anyone to show up in game 3 who hasn't already shown up, except Bergeron. I'm thinking goals from Boychuk, Krug, and Bergeron and hoping that 3 goals will be enough.

- Did the Bruins lose 3 or more games against any other team this Season other than Montreal?
... Regardless of the answer, they only lost 3 to Montreal in the Regular Season, they won't lose more than 3 to Montreal in the Playoffs. :crossfing

Wings only team to beat them in regulation 3 games.. the Habs won 3 games one was in a shootout as far as I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad