GDT: 5/12 Game 6: Part 3: Bruins @ Habs: 7:30pm ET CBC,RDS,NBCSN, 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
not at all confident about tomorrow.
i expect the third line as the only one to show up again.

just too many missed chances

musketball

I am NOT a troll!
Jul 4, 2008
Laval
Should probably notice the location and # of posts the "well Montreal one a million game 7's 2 centuries ago" came from.

Means nothing.

Heh, 1500 post makes you a legend? I've been watching hockey since the late 60's. Don't assume you know who you're talking about.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2014/05/12/claude-julien-calls-out-habs-for-late-game-antics-says-he-expects-bruins-to-win-game-7/

Julien was angry that the Canadiens were taking liberties and not getting called for dangerous plays. Julien was angry that what he believed to be a David Desharnais slew-foot on Brad Marchand went uncalled in the third period, with emotions boiling over after Andrei Markov put his stick between Zdeno Chara‘s legs and whacked the Boston captain in the groin.

Scrums ensued from there, and Julien said such things will happen when dirty plays go unpunished.

“Although we’re perceived as the bad guys and they’re the good guys, when Markov trips Chara and then he puts his stick between his legs and nothing’s going to be called, eventually somebody’s going to react,” Julien said. “Whether it’s right or wrong, Zdeno reacted and then everything else started.

“There was a slew-foot before — Desharnais on Marchand. It’s a slew foot. Those are things that we keep talking about that are dangerous in our game. It’s a rivalry and there are some things going on on both sides.”

“I’m not portraying ourselves as innocent here,” Julien said. “I’m just saying it takes two teams to [tango].”

Julien was asked one more question after that, with a reporter asking what he expects from the seventh game.

“I expect us to win,” Julien said.

turtlethedog

Nov 14, 2011
Charlestown
Wasn't selling anything. BTW I'm not here to troll.

rathole

But anything that has happened in the past beyone the last two weeks is entirely irrelevant. It comes down to two teams tomorrow night - who can execute and who wants to work.

Rocket Richard and Bobby Orr don't mean a ******* thing. Let it go, or do what my Grandfather used to do (RIP) - watch games from 25+ years ago on the NHL network. But don't come in here with that crap (Michelle Therrien voice).

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
rathole

But anything that has happened in the past beyone the last two weeks is entirely irrelevant. It comes down to two teams tomorrow night - who can execute and who wants to work.

Rocket Richard and Bobby Orr don't mean a ******* thing. Let it go, or do what my Grandfather used to do (RIP) - watch games from 25+ years ago on the NHL network. But don't come in here with that crap (Michelle Therrien voice).

you mean the growl?

musketball

I am NOT a troll!
Jul 4, 2008
Laval
rathole

I was simply stating a fact. I know the habs send in the alumni before key games to talk to the kids regarding what kind of psychological impacts these games have and how they overcame them. You're right, the rest is up to them, they either show up or don't. That will definitely be the deciding factor. So calm down Turtle, I'm not here slamming people.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Habs have not showed they can keep up with the Bruins at the Garden.

-They won game 1 in double OT on a PP but scoring chances were like 29-13 Bruins. Should have won that game.

-2nd game, they took a 3-1 lead in the 3rd but the chances were once again all Bruins with a 21-9 advantage and that was BEFORE the flurry of chances in the 3rd that led to that come back win.

-3rd game was another domination and had our only 2 goals lead of the series and ride it to an easy win.

I expect something similar tomorrow and we'll come on top. Unless everything goes wrong like yesterday...

turtlethedog

Nov 14, 2011
Charlestown
I was simply stating a fact. I know the habs send in the alumni before key games to talk to the kids regarding what kind of psychological impacts these games have and how they overcame them. You're right, the rest is up to them, they either show up or don't. That will definitely be the deciding factor. So calm down Turtle, I'm not here slamming people.

So you think CLODE isn't going to try to motivate his guys? Michelle is going to bring in the "legends" to motivate a bunch of 25 y/o guys. Woooooooo

Let me tell you something right now. If the Boston Bruins need some 66 year old man to come in and tell them about the glory days to get them ready for arguably the biggest game of their lives (yes I know many have played in Olympics/SCF) then we're royally effed. Same goes for Montreal.

This is worse than the Patriots going to see Lone Survivor talk.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
FWIW, Even if montreal had an NFL and MLB team it wouldn't matter. We had the expos. Canadiens will always be in the lead by a mile.

OT: Back in the day, my first two favorite sports teams, and I am talking back in the early 70s, were the Boston Bruins and the Montreal Alouettes. That was the only Montreal team I ever liked, though I do recall rooting for the Expos once, I don't know what Playoffs it was but it was sometime in the 80s I think. But back to the Alouettes, it was in the late 70s when I suddenly realized how odd it was that I hated the Canadiens so much but my favorite CFL team was the Alouettes. Then the Alouettes folded and, even though I also liked a couple of other CFL teams, my interest in the CFL went away like the Alouettes; and some time after I started following the NFL, most specifically John Elway and the Broncos.

musketball

I am NOT a troll!
Jul 4, 2008
Laval
So you think CLODE isn't going to try to motivate his guys? Michelle is going to bring in the "legends" to motivate a bunch of 25 y/o guys. Woooooooo

Let me tell you something right now. If the Boston Bruins need some 66 year old man to come in and tell them about the glory days to get them ready for arguably the biggest game of their lives (yes I know many have played in Olympics/SCF) then we're royally effed. Same goes for Montreal.

This is worse than the Patriots going to see Lone Survivor talk.

You misunderstood....

I meant to calm them down and keep their game plan first and foremost in their heads. I wasn't talking about the old guys telling them how to play the game.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
It wasn't me sayng " poke the bear ", it was McGuire. Don't forget McGuire is a lifelong Habs fan.

I don't think that "poke the bear" is meaningless at all, as the other poster was saying. Definitely this team has shown that they respond forcefully to certain types of negative stimulation; it's just that sometimes they don't do it in the best of ways to get a positive result.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Bruins have always played their best when their backs are to the wall. The only way I see the habs winning is if Price has the game of his life.

4-1 B's!!

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
To many passengers and slow guys

Don't know about "passengers" but there definitely are too many slow guys who not only can't skate fast but also can't make a quick enough hockey decision in the moment before opponents can anticipate what they're about to do. All you need to have is one player on a line who isn't getting his job done and it throws off the whole line. Take the 1st line principally, I think Iginla has been lucky to get a couple of goals deflected off of him and also just being in the right place for a deflection or two (which is a positive in and of itself), but for the most part he's been slow on the puck. The same goes for Lucic; skating around like a freight train when he's got a spur under his saddle, but no great speed and not a whole lot of knack with the puck. Put Krejci with them, and the whole line being pressured, and the next thing you have is Krejci holding on to the puck too long, the losing the puck, and also himself being snake-bitten when he has scoring chances, and the end result is a line which is less than a shadow of itself from the Regular Season.

Then add to that Marchand who's skating around most of the time with his head up his ass. I mean, I like Marchand and I wish he'd get his act together, but he's really not offering anything positive to the team right now.

And lastly there's Chara, who shouldn't really be criticized extremely for his age, because still he's one of the best Dmen in the League, but against a speedy team like Montreal he's not always the elite performer that he used to be. He was never the quickest skater around to begin with.

Last edited:

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
This is a largely different team than the one that won the cup. Significantly different in style of play and the roster. Again, not trying to justify "blowing it up" because I don't foresee that happening by any means, but just saying...hanging the hat on a cup win with a significantly different team 3 years ago doesn't really do it for me.

I don't know about that. There are a couple of key differences: 1) Thomas vs Rask; Rechhi vs Iginla; and I think a guy like Ference offered intangibles. Sure there are other player differences but I'm not sure they're key differences.

Last edited:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
The one thing I think that should help us in Game 7....rookie dman Beaulieu.

a) He'll be nervous playing in Boston in Game 7.
b) He only played 9 minutes, so others are playing a lot more.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Everything went wrong yesterday:

-Lucic fanning on a 2 on 1 early in the game with a good portion of the net open
-Miller feeling generous and giving the Habs an early lead so they don't have to feel nervous of getting eliminated at any point in the game.
-Many missed wide open net starting with Lucic and Marchand
-PP was awfull
-The Habs 2nd goal: two Bruins missed the puck trying to catch it, and it result in a breakaway goal with Chara and Rask looking confused
-The Vanek backbreaking goal.
-Desharnais who is able to keep the puck out while diving in direction of the net and the puck rolling on the line.

The Habs played great. They can't play better and certainly haven't at the Garden. Bruins helped them look even better by giving them goals and missing sure ones.

All 6 games the team that scored first won. We do tomorrow and we'll win. We'll even win if the Habs score first, that's just how good we are.

Eliminate these losers!

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
The KIL line and Marchy picked the worst time to go into the *******. Granted, it's always a battle when we play the Habs but this series should have been over already.
I can't see the B's crapping the bed like they did last night but I think its going to be a very tight low scoring contest. Just not looking forward to a game 7 OT

member 96824

I don't about that. There are a couple of key differences: 1) Thomas vs Rask; Rechhi vs Iginla; and I think a guy like Ference offered intangibles. Sure there are other player differences but I'm not sure they're key differences.

I do, stylistically this team is no where near as gritty, nasty, and cocky(in a good way) as that team was. Also, the majority of the offense starts with the blue line on this team...while that was far far from the case that year.

This team goes out and for the most part, treats it as business as usual, playing a puck controlling game that plays a very contained defense. That team wanted to go out and kick the piss out of the other team, while the D's job was basically clear the crease after Thomas makes the save.

Largely different teams, not enough for me to hang my hat on a Presidents trophy with "well they won a cup." Not saying one style is better than the other(there's definitely one I prefer more), just that they are different.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Lack of focus/motivation will not be the problem tomorrow.The problem is they have put themselves in a precarious position in which one lucky bounce can swing things in Montreal's favor.As mentioned before,is it really surprising that a Boston -Montreal series is going 7 games? I will be an absolute bundle of nerves tomorrow.

This team has been defense first and the best or 2nd best GA team in the League now for several years. What they need to do is play a smart game defensively, in all areas of the ice, and keep Montreal from scoring first. They need to explode on the offensive opportunities that present or that they are able to create, and no matter if they do it in 1st or 2nd Period or later, they need to get a 2-goal lead if they can and then they'll control the destiny of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad