3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
What's with the Smith criticism? He's been very effective 5v5, has 3 PTS in 5 GP, plays 3:40 ATOI on the PK (only 0:09 ATOI behind Trouba,) and can play multiple positions. That's a pretty big contribution all together.

I think Ranger fans over-rated our prospects out of desperation until we finally landed an elite one in Kakko.

I’m not saying our other prospects are bad either , but it looks like Quinn is going to be polishing up Bs rather than As outside of Kakko.
So much this.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
What's with the Smith criticism? He's been very effective 5v5, has 3 PTS in 5 GP, plays 3:40 ATOI on the PK (only 0:09 ATOI behind Trouba,) and can play multiple positions. That's a pretty big contribution all together.

So much this.

The Smith criticism is that he was previously a defenseman that people didn't like so now that he's a forward and playing well they still don't like him because of his history (and contract which is a sunk cost and irrelevant). He's a good depth forward. Good enough that when his contract is up if he's still playing at the same level I would bring him back if he wanted to do so.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Didn’t we replace AV with Quinn so he wouldn’t play **** veterans over the young skilled kids with potential? I don’t understand. I wouldn’t mind losing every single game so long as the kids got ice time. Chytil needs to be called up, kakko needs to be given PP1 in place of buch, and andersson needs to be given much more ice time than howden. ****ing our 7th defensemen is on our third line instead of lias...
His usage of Kakko is completely normal. If anything Kakko is getting too much of a chance if he's tired after playing 4 games in 3 weeks. He' 18, and literally started his NHL career on a 2nd line.

People are criticizing Quinn because Lias is playing well and not getting more usage; Well, if Lias is playing well, and Quinn's role is to develop prospects, what's the problem?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The Smith criticism is that he was previously a defenseman that people didn't like so now that he's a forward and playing well they still don't like him because of his history (and contract which is a sunk cost and irrelevant). He's a good depth forward. Good enough that when his contract is up if he's still playing at the same level I would bring him back if he wanted to do so.
this x alot

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
I think the 2C is 100% Chytil’s, all he needs to do to get it is show them that he can be responsible enough defensively, and Kravtsov will be back when he shows he can discern when to carry the puck into the zone or when to dump it in. I know it would be at least a little better to watch a team suck when you can see glimpses of the future on it, but patience is still going to be the key to this season

Agreed. I just don't think either is so far away that Haley or McKegg makes sense. I have patience for developing players but worry a bit that Quinn like all mediocre coaches has a double standard for guys he likes and as a result makes irrational decisions about line ups, lines, and ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad