Post-Game Talk: #5 - 10/18/19 | RANGERS @ capitals

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
They’re in the minors to work on holes in their games while not getting their teeth kicked in when they’re on the ice

Teeth kicked in? Hyperbole. They won't crumble and die in a tougher league. Chytil played most of the year in the NHL and can learn as much playing here again. Kravtsov can learn on the fly too. This is not a good team. Rather see young guys building chemistry and learning together than the Haley's of the world filling space.

This is different than rushing your one decent prospect to the NHL. The Rangers have a young core that can grow together.

Reactions: ponytrekker

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Pro tip:
Put avocados in a paper bag (never plastic) to ripen faster. Even faster? Put in bag w brown banana. :teach:

EAzkOrwXUAAU_OZ.jpg

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Teeth kicked in? Hyperbole. They won't crumble and die in a tougher league. Chytil played most of the year in the NHL and can learn as much playing here again. Kravtsov can learn on the fly too. This is not a good team. Rather see young guys building chemistry and learning together than the Haley's of the world filling space.

This is different than rushing your one decent prospect to the NHL. The Rangers have a young core that can grow together.
And what you’d rather watch isn’t necessarily better for them

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm guilty of looking at the roster during training camp and seeing potential rather than current reality. Kakko, Chytil, Andersson, Kravtsov, Howden, Fox, and Hajek. These guys have solid to great potential, but they're not there yet. It's going to be a bumpy season and I think they're closer to last place than 8th seed, especially if they move Kreider.

Either you embrace the suck for a brighter tomorrow, or you convince yourself this young grasshoppa is a contender by shuffling the 4th line and journey men more.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
They let Orlov in alone on a break in from the blueline...when they were on the PP. If that doesn't say it all, I'm not sure what does.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah but Kakko is from Finland.

You can only compare unrelated players if they were born in the same country.
My point was that the player who led the league in scoring last year did not come into the league and dominate as soon as he laced up his skates in this league.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
My point was that the player who led the league in scoring last year did not come into the league and dominate as soon as he laced up his skates in this league.

I agree.

But internet law clearly dictates that a player can ONLY be compared to a player from the same country.

For example, if the next Wayne Gretzky were born on a naval base in Korea to Canadian parents serving in the military, he would be alluded to as “as the next Richard Park” on draft day and all off season threads.

Therefore, even though they don’t look alike or play alike or as far as I know even personally know each other, Kakko can only be “the next Selanne” not the next “Mats Sundin” because Sundin is a Swede.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrhockey193195

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I agree.

But internet law clearly dictates that a player can ONLY be compared to a player from the same country.

For example, if the next Wayne Gretzky were born on a naval base in Korea to Canadian parents serving in the military, he would be alluded to as “as the next Richard Park” on draft day and all off season threads.

Therefore, even though they don’t look alike or play alike or as far as I know even personally know each other, Kakko can only be “the next Selanne” not the next “Mats Sundin” because Sundin is a Swede.
I get it. Kinda like whenever a player has a good game, someone has to immediately start a "Value of" thread, right?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
After having a night to really calm down and cool off, I think David Quinn should be fired. His system and knowledge of coaching at this level is lacking. His real selling and hiring point was the teaching and development but so far, no one has developed. Howden is being overplayed and struggling. Andersson is playing with Haley and getting too little TOI on the 4th line despite looking like one of our better forwards on the bottom 6 and better than Strome and Howden as C options. Tony D is punished despite being one of our best defense options while Staal gets to score on his own net and give up more low and high danger chances against than any other player on either teams and have an expected goals per 60 of 0.07 and still play 20 minutes a night. Buchenvich is still the incomplete high skill not much else player. Chytil hasn't developed despite being with the team for a year last year. Pionk was overused and horrid in the defensive zone last year. Skjei has struggled immensely more since Quinn took over. It's one thing to have punishment and accountability but it's unjustly dished out and it's accomplishing nothing. We have no development in the last year plus under Quinn. Georgiev developed more in the last year than all of our D and F under 25 combined. Maybe Benny should be promoted to HC.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
After having a night to really calm down and cool off, I think David Quinn should be fired. His system and knowledge of coaching at this level is lacking. His real selling and hiring point was the teaching and development but so far, no one has developed. Howden is being overplayed and struggling. Andersson is playing with Haley and getting too little TOI on the 4th line despite looking like one of our better forwards on the bottom 6 and better than Strome and Howden as C options. Tony D is punished despite being one of our best defense options while Staal gets to score on his own net and give up more low and high danger chances against than any other player on either teams and have an expected goals per 60 of 0.07 and still play 20 minutes a night. Buchenvich is still the incomplete high skill not much else player. Chytil hasn't developed despite being with the team for a year last year. Pionk was overused and horrid in the defensive zone last year. Skjei has struggled immensely more since Quinn took over. It's one thing to have punishment and accountability but it's unjustly dished out and it's accomplishing nothing. We have no development in the last year plus under Quinn. Georgiev developed more in the last year than all of our D and F under 25 combined. Maybe Benny should be promoted to HC.

I think Ranger fans over-rated our prospects out of desperation until we finally landed an elite one in Kakko.

I’m not saying our other prospects are bad either , but it looks like Quinn is going to be polishing up Bs rather than As outside of Kakko.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I think Ranger fans over-rated our prospects out of desperation until we finally landed an elite one in Kakko.

I’m not saying our other prospects are bad either , but it looks like Quinn is going to be polishing up Bs rather than As outside of Kakko.

There's been little progression for our prospects regardless of As or Bs or Cs. If he's unable to accomplish his only objective as a transition development coach, then I don't see why we need to have him here.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
There's been little progression for our prospects regardless of As or Bs or Cs. If he's unable to accomplish his only objective as a transition development coach, then I don't see why we need to have him here.

I’m saying if we set the ceiling a bit lower to the most likely reality of the situation, the progression is more normal.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
We need to be patient. Transitions are not 87 games long. Quinn should get this full year benefit of a doubt. That said, Howden is firmly in the D category and will be a bust.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
A few years back I made a trip to Houston and watched an Astros day game. They. Were. Awful. Lost almost 100 games that year. Made every mistake in the book. Had all the good guys.

How they doin now? Do they make mistakes now?

Embrace the rebuild. Embrace the tank.
Are they not embracing the rebuild or the tank? They’re doing what they believe is best for these guys long term

NickyLongLegz

Apr 30, 2019
Didn’t we replace AV with Quinn so he wouldn’t play shit veterans over the young skilled kids with potential? I don’t understand. I wouldn’t mind losing every single game so long as the kids got ice time. Chytil needs to be called up, kakko needs to be given PP1 in place of buch, and andersson needs to be given much more ice time than howden. f***ing our 7th defensemen is on our third line instead of lias...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->