GDT: #5 – Blue Jackets at Sabres – Thu Oct 10 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I missed it -- did they mention what in the fight with Boll lead to Kaleta needing the full shield? Was it in the clinch when his nose was up into Boll's lid?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I love Ekblad. I highly doubt they would draft him given their current crop, but the kid is a fine, fine hockey player. This year and next are probably weighted toward forward. With how bad they are now and the likelihood of not having guys like Miller, Vanek, and other "vets" next year, McDavid has to be on the radar.

They obviously would never admit it, but I think that's certain 'a target of opportunity' in their eyes.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think that is why they went d heavy. Build for the future and wont win many games. Thus putting them in position to get McDavid,

D tend to take a bit longer to hit their stride too. And some of it was how the board broke for them. Not that I disagree with the strategy they adopted -- there were plenty of people displeased with the outcome of the Mod Mock this year when I took a defenseman with both picks. :laugh:

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Weber not having a good night.

What is up with MSG feed tonight? Boards mic'd up way too loud and not really synched up with the video.

You know the D is having a rough night when mcbain is getting PK time.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They obviously would never admit it, but I think that's certain 'a target of opportunity' in their eyes.

Oh, I think they did admit it --- Regier's comments about suffering are veiled, but they point to being at the top of the draft. Or said another way, at the bottom of the standings.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Zero life in this team right now.

Marcus is probably my biggest disappointment tonight.... nothing out of him.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah, Rolston is the wrong head coach...he's be a great assistant, but they need a much stronger voice.

Look at what Roy is doing in Colorado :cry:

Look at the talent Roy has to work with. We could have the best coach in the league and still lose most of our games.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Look at the talent Roy has to work with. We could have the best coach in the league and still lose most of our games.

Okay, better comparison is look at Calgary. They're doing fine, it's early but they've looked like they at least have an identity and work their ***** off. What do we got?

fiend540

Sep 9, 2011
Armia, Risto, Zadorov, Grigs (I know he's not allowed - he should have been in junior last year though), Girgs (to a lesser extent, he's certainly the most pro ready).

Two of those are injured and not playing anywhere, and two others wouldn't/can't play in A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad