4th Overall the Senators Take Brady Tkachuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Joey Keane is gonna be an absolute weapon. Wanted him badly in the draft but he was gone by the time it was our time to pick in the 3rd.

Berggren is gonna be great, too. He will become what people here fearfully believe Dahlen will become.

Also, the more I see of Quinn Hughes, the fewer questions I have about his game. What a player.

Tkachuk has looked good, too. Great at making room for himself, both with and without the puck, and a physical force. He could score 20 points a year and still be a valuable NHLer simply because of his physicality and puck possession ability.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Joey Keane is gonna be an absolute weapon. Wanted him badly in the draft but he was gone by the time it was our time to pick in the 3rd.

Berggren is gonna be great, too. He will become what people here fearfully believe Dahlen will become.

Also, the more I see of Quinn Hughes, the fewer questions I have about his game. What a player.

Tkachuk has looked good, too. Great at making room for himself, both with and without the puck, and a physical force. He could score 20 points a year and still be a valuable NHLer simply because of his physicality and puck possession ability.

Hughes brothers are pretty good at this hockey thing. Berggren was definitely a guy I wanted with that late 1st. Not complaining picking up Docker and Tychonick though

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Hughes brothers are pretty good at this hockey thing. Berggren was definitely a guy I wanted with that late 1st. Not complaining picking up Docker and Tychonick though
That play by Quinn Hughes on the gwg. Wow.

Tkachuk was good. Handle the puck and protect it very well. He does some very simple but smart play.

He is more of a playmaker then a shooter that for sure. But he does it well. He had 2 or 3 very good deflection in front of the net.

Good game by Tkachuk.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That play by Quinn Hughes on the gwg. Wow.

Tkachuk was good. Handle the puck and protect it very well. He does some very simple but smart play.

He is more of a playmaker then a shooter that for sure. But he does it well. He had 2 or 3 very good deflection in front of the net.

Good game by Tkachuk.

BT came real close to winning it in OT had at least one really good look , and a good deflection in the game... He is still raw but it will come.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yup.

8475848.jpg

images

brady-tkachuk-2018-449.jpg
And who does everyone bet on in a match between those three?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Not ridiculous whatsoever, pretty common thought actually.

Tkachuck and Hayton definitely have the lowest offensive potential out of all the top 12
I just can’t wait till time passes and tkachuk puts on that Ottawa jersey for a season. Will read what you have to say then. Not really interested at this point.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I just can’t wait till time passes and tkachuk puts on that Ottawa jersey for a season. Will read what you have to say then. Not really interested at this point.
Likewise

Not sure why that would change what is a pretty common thought thought, but whatever helps you sleep.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I just finished watching my PVR'd USA-Sweden game. Jesus the Hughes brothers are fantastic. Quinn legit looked like Karlsson all game. So fun to watch 2 small guys like that out work and just embarrass others on the ice. Zetterlund is a gem. What a release and the guy has the smarts to back it up to get where he needs to be.

Tkachuk was pretty bad tbh. Like for people who watch him a lot, is he regressing? I thought he looked way better last year in the WJC than he did in this game and in our development camp. Those early goals started with him chasing down guys for late hits instead of playing the puck, he let a guy beat him to the net cleanly on a rush, he turned over the puck a bunch of times while trying to center the puck as he was going bellow the goal line. Speaking of passing into the slot and going bellow the goal line, this is obviously his go to move and one of the only offensive moves in his arsenal. He made a few nice plays to win the puck but once that puck is on his stick, nothing happens unless he's just keeping the play alive. He looked slower and more off balance than I remember from the WJC too.

Lundestrom and Farabee looked better than him and they were later first rounders, particularly the Swede who looks like a steal for the ducks. TBH Tkachuk looked to be the weakest of the 2018 1sts in this game besides maybe O'Brien and Wahlstrom.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think the Tkachuk-Hughes-Wahlstrom line was only together for one shift from what I saw. And that guy thought Tkachuk looked even slower prior to this game? That is really concerning. Really wasn't expecting him to need so much time in the gym when we drafted him as I do now. Maybe college is the best route, I was hoping for London but now I'm thinking Boston for the additional weight room sessions.

Last edited:

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna

5-15-20 while being a possession force in the middle 6 seems pretty realistic for BT in his first couple full seasons. I wish his last name was different and we got him with our high second. Then I would be really excited for that kind of lock who could surprise and do much more offensively in time, I just hate betting our rebuild on it.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
5-15-20 while being a possession force in the middle 6 seems pretty realistic for BT in his first couple full seasons. I wish his last name was different and we got him with our high second. Then I would be really excited for that kind of lock who could surprise and do much more offensively in time, I just hate betting our rebuild on it.

A player with the skillset of Brady Tkachuk was never going to fall to the 2nd round, Mr. Hat. Even his biggest detractors had him top 15.

As for 5-15-20... well, I'm happy for you, Mr. Hat, because I guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised with what we get.

Reactions: derriko

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
A player with the skillset of Brady Tkachuk was never going to fall to the 2nd round, Mr. Hat. Even his biggest detractors had him top 15.

As for 5-15-20... well, I'm happy for you, Mr. Hat, because I guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised with what we get.
He said in his first two seasons. When do you envision his first couple years in the NHL? He'll be 19 when the new season starts so 19-20 would be the first two years. He looks pretty far off right now. 20 points would be solid for him at this stage. Maybe 20-21? Year in college then a few weeks/months in the AHL? On that route, I think hitting those goals would be within reach.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna

I know it was unrealistic to get him that late, he's just not the type of player I wanted given how dull this team was to watch last year. All I need is one prospect to break out for me to get over this pick. Hopefully Brown and Chabot restore my faith a bit this year.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

I'm major dissapointed we didn't pick this guy. Some players just have it, the perfect blend of cocky to insane hockey ability and iq.

Quinn Hughes has it. He's going to go Matt Barzal on defence.

We are going to regret not picking him guarenteed.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm major dissapointed we didn't pick this guy. Some players just have it, the perfect blend of cocky to insane hockey ability and iq.

Quinn Hughes has it. He's going to go Matt Barzal on defence.

We are going to regret not picking him guarenteed.

Maybe....but tiny defensemen are such a risk. You really need brass balls to pick a little blueliner like that 4th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad