4th Overall the Senators Take Brady Tkachuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Typically, I've always found I progress from being challenged, not from dominating something. That's anecdotal mind you, but I don't really see exactly what would be the benefit of dominating other than perhaps building confidence.

Wherever he goes, all I care about is him being put in all situations, getting lots of icetime, and being pushed to the edge of his abilities.

College adds time to hit the gym more, juniors adds more games. both have advantages.

Being send down to develop your offensive game is linked to the confidence factor. When you play in a league where you're the go-to guy and you're leaned on to produce offensively, get PP minutes and play in the most important situations you gain confidence in your abilities of being a top player.

The reason scouts/teams often talk about sending players down is that they can dominate and gain confidence and in turn they are able to try more things to develop their game. For example make plays that your coach wouldn't allow you to make as an NHL rookie. It allows you to make more creative plays and develop that confidence in yourself to make those moves in games and eventually in the NHL.

On the other hand if a player goes straight to the NHL he will be more focused on not making mistakes, playing well defensively and eventually he will be more creative offensively after he settles those two factors.

Personally, I would send him back down to BU. He's got the strenght already, the defensive game is good, what he needs to develop is offense and creativity and developing that at the NHL level is a lot harder than it would be at BU.

Aug 3, 2010
Congrats on getting Brady Tkachuk, Sens fans. Hope with your current turmoils he can help right the ship soon.

Just wanted to share a couple of fun pre-draft videos from the official Flames website regarding the Tkachuks that you may not have seen before!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Zadina isn't going to have an inch to move when he plays us. BT is going to fill his face with the boards!

Haha, I love it, ready made rivalry :)

What else did he say ? " No one remember who went fourth" lol, he sounds like Daigle 2.0

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Please send him back to NCAA. No need to put him through the grind of the OHL. Also, Hockey USA likes to keep their kids in the US. I would expect he plays in the World Juniors this winter.

Reactions: Cosmix

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Man.. BT looks like a beast whenever he does standing interviews. Tall and imposing, you can tell he's still wirey and can put on some 'man muscle'.

Agree on not sending him to the OHL. Would be fun for him, but he doesn't need to toss around teenagers.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Love #27.

Question: can Brady split his time between the NHL and AHL next season if the team decides to go that route? And why?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Love #27.

Question: can Brady split his time between the NHL and AHL next season if the team decides to go that route? And why?

Yes. Since he wasn't drafted from the CHL, he doesn't have to wait until his 20YR old season to play in the AHL.

Splitting time between the NHL and AHL is probably what's going to happen, even though I'd prefer him to spend another season in college or in London, should we sign him.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Wish he took #7

Great to hear he plans on putting 10-15 pounds of muscle this summer I could see him play in the AHL with Brown and maybe White

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yes. Since he wasn't drafted from the CHL, he doesn't have to wait until his 20YR old season to play in the AHL.

Splitting time between the NHL and AHL is probably what's going to happen, even though I'd prefer him to spend another season in college or in London, should we sign him.

Great. I can see him getting the Chabot treatment.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
His Dad is on TSN1200 right now.. talking about them having to put plexiglass on the windows because the boys would be practicing in the driveway and pucks would be flying through the window. Says Brady has the harder shot

His dad said he went to BU to play against older stronger guys he did not want to play against little boys.
Keith did not think Matthew was ready and he proved him wrong
Sounds like he's back to BU if they determine he's not ready... I bet he does that

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'll admit that as much as I wanted Zadina, I'm liking this kid more and more every time I watch an interview with him. He's a very likable guy, not to mention huge for his young age.

I hate that it makes me even sadder that we will likely lose Karlsson. Would have been so great watching them play together down the line. Perfect mix of power and skill.

Edit: Oh, and I like him wearing #27. I prefer that over #7 as it just reminds me of Turris too much as he left so recently.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If he has finish he could really be a complete player. Let’s just hope that low shooting percentage is just an anomoly.

There’s no question he’s pretty much got it outside of that. Got the size, got the hands, can skate, can pass.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Tkachuk said a few Senators had reached out to welcome him to the team, specifically mentioned Matt Duchene. Maybe I'm reading into this too much but that sounds like the action of a player who is committed to stay.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Tkachuk said a few Senators had reached out to welcome him to the team, specifically mentioned Matt Duchene. Maybe I'm reading into this too much but that sounds like the action of a player who is committed to stay.
I think we had a contract agreed upon before we pulled the trigger to get him,no way do we give up that much for two seasons of any player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad