4th Overall the Senators Take Brady Tkachuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep, or at least a number in mind that Duchene's camp would accept.
I think this happens alot TBH,people seem a little naive about what actually goes on between teams,and players who cost millions of dollars...And could end up costing the team millions of dollars if things were done more on wishful thinking,than fact

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I hope Boucher doesn't neutralize any offensive skill BT has. He needs to loosen the rope quite a bit this season

Tkachuk should go back to Boston U to develop his skills and mature before going to pro.

After next season he might be ready after some AHL games and Boucher will be gone.. :)

Reactions: aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tkachuk said a few Senators had reached out to welcome him to the team, specifically mentioned Matt Duchene. Maybe I'm reading into this too much but that sounds like the action of a player who is committed to stay.

I thought he would mention Karlsson, as Karlsson is the captain and elite Norris Defenseman. Wonder if this is an evil omen . . .

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I thought he would mention Karlsson, as Karlsson is the captain and elite Norris Defenseman. Wonder if this is an evil omen . . .

Disappointing if the guy who is as of now still the captain of the Ottawa Senators didn't bother to reach out. I mean he doesn't need to pick new players up from the airport a la Crosby, but at least send a text.

Reactions: gab6511

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I want an to believe that he is staying,and have been one of the most vocal about it...But it looks more and more that he is gone,and the fact money as always will be an issue for anything this team does ..I fear very much for the return about our best ever on ice player

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Would be nice if he could evolve in a '' Lucic vs Komisarek'' kind of Lucic
Big intimidating power forward with arrogance who can put it in

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Tom Pyatt, Mike Condon, and Magnus Paajarvi? Does that mean they are all leaving?
None of them are the captain and face of the franchise. Even the Isles picks got texts from Tavares.

I don’t know how common it is or it even means anything, but there aren’t many signs showing that Karl cares to be with the franchise in its current state.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Much ado about nothing. He could've had a dozen of the guys text/call him, and simply only mentioned a couple names.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
I get the whole Tkachuk is a year ahead argument, but for me, I look at how close the kid is to being a physically mature hockey player. Looking at his frame, he's very gangly and even his movements on the ice are still "awkward teenager". This is a great sign that he's not close to his final frame, which is going to be beastly.

(And I didn't like the pick)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
this reminds me of the draft where the lakers had like 3 picks and one reporter asked if Kobe texted them and they all just looked down and there was a HUUUUGGGEEE long silence

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Don’t know why I didn’t do this earlier, but there’s a handful of Brady’s full games on YouTube. WJC and college games. After the draft it’s the dark period so I was just browsing due to boredom.

Gives you a much better sense of a player seeing them shift after shift. He plays a very strong cycle game and is a mega agitator. I think those qualities would make him an ideal partner for Duchene assuming he isn’t traded too.

I’d recommend watching Sweden vs. the US in the semi-final if you wanted to pick one. Gustavsson, Brown, Tkachuk, and Brannstrom (heh he)

BobbyRyan

Apr 11, 2016
Much ado about nothing. He could've had a dozen of the guys text/call him, and simply only mentioned a couple names.

If Erik Karlsson texted me, and I was talking to reporters about who talked to me, I would definitely mention his name.

If Mark Borowiecki texted me, I might not even respond, let alone mention it in an interview.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have been wondering about the T in Tkachuk's name. Since it appears he does not pronounce the T, I think we should. Truculent Kachuk!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I get the whole Tkachuk is a year ahead argument, but for me, I look at how close the kid is to being a physically mature hockey player. Looking at his frame, he's very gangly and even his movements on the ice are still "awkward teenager". This is a great sign that he's not close to his final frame, which is going to be beastly.

(And I didn't like the pick)

And he's already terrific at winning battles along the wall. Once he adds more weight (needs at least 10-20lbs) he'll be an absolute beast along the boards.

Signed, another guy who didn't like the pick.

Reactions: aragorn

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Disappointing if the guy who is as of now still the captain of the Ottawa Senators didn't bother to reach out. I mean he doesn't need to pick new players up from the airport a la Crosby, but at least send a text.

Lol I'm sure Karlsson has a lot more important things to deal with atm

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
So this tweet by the Canucks shows their GM mic'd during the Draft.. There is a point early on (before Detroit picked Zadina) that they were discussing Zadina or Hughes... they wanted Hughes.. so to me it is becoming evident that Zadina had lost some favor-ability in the eyes of a few teams

Reactions: Bean Drown

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So this tweet by the Canucks shows their GM mic'd during the Draft.. There is a point early on (before Detroit picked Zadina) that they were discussing Zadina or Hughes... they wanted Hughes.. so to me it is becoming evident that Zadina had lost some favor-ability in the eyes of a few teams

Draft day slides haven’t really seemed to indicate much in the past. We see players that slide make teams look foolish almost every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->