Post-Game Talk: 49ers at PATRIOTS - YUCK - Next up @Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The Krafts certainly know it. Those Giant rumors were all bullshit.
Whatever you say. I'm not going to argue over a source. Seemed you had no problem though earlier posting frivolous speculative articles about what teams might offer TB.for a contract.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Whatever you say. I'm not going to argue over a source. Seemed you had no problem though earlier posting frivolous speculative articles about what teams might offer TB.for a contract.

I posted the teams that were all in on Brady. I could have grabbed any number of reports that said as much. I just grabbed the first one because it was easy. I also didn't say a thing about your source, that was another poster. I just said it was a crap rumor because Kraft wasn't going to let Bill walk. Regardless though, the rumors were initially that they would have to trade BB to the Giants, which indicates his contract status as being longer than one year.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I posted the teams that were all in on Brady. I could have grabbed any number of reports that said as much. I just grabbed the first one because it was easy. I also didn't say a thing about your source, that was another poster. I just said it was a crap rumor because Kraft wasn't going to let Bill walk. Regardless though, the rumors were initially that they would have to trade BB to the Giants, which indicates his contract status as being longer than one year.
I just thought it was telling that the first and only source you posted about Brady having several suitors was an ESPN article were team writers got together and speculated on what type of contract there team could offer Brady. If you have more sources, by all means I would love to see them.

BB probably 100% has outs in his contract for exact situations like this. Guy is not an idiot. I also dont think he would be taking calls and meeting with other teams if he had no way of getting out of his contract or even if he was under contract. BB saw this whole thing coming. I doubt he didnt leave himself an out

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jimmy isn’t good enough to warrant this much discussion, they won a super bowl after he was gone. I don’t think that happens with him at QB. As far as I’m concerned that erased any fear of losing that trade or any second thoughts I may have had

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Jimmy isn’t good enough to warrant this much discussion, they won a super bowl after he was gone. I don’t think that happens with him at QB. As far as I’m concerned that erased any fear of losing that trade or any second thoughts I may have had
We will never know obviously about the SB, but if there was one SB that a QB other than Brady could win, it would be 2018, but I dont get the harsh reaction to calling Jimmy G and average QB that the Patriots would be better off with right now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
We will never know obviously about the SB, but if there was one SB that a QB other than Brady could win, it would be 2018, but I dont get the harsh reaction to calling Jimmy G and average QB that the Patriots would be better off with right now.

would they be though? SF has an elite ground game, a good offensive line, and weapons. He wouldn’t have nearly as much support here. The team might be a little more mediocre, which is honestly a bad thing. They should either compete or suck and if they play like they have on both sides the last couple weeks then they are definitely not competing...

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Ya Jimmy would have beat KC in KC to get to that game lol. Cmon

Reactions: LSCII

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
would they be though? SF has an elite ground game, a good offensive line, and weapons. He wouldn’t have nearly as much support here. The team might be a little more mediocre, which is honestly a bad thing. They should either compete or suck and if they play like they have on both sides the last couple weeks then they are definitely not competing...
No one can admit hes even average. Its astonishing

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No one can admit hes even average. Its astonishing

It’s probably because they watched him piss away a super bowl his team carried him to

He is exactly average. The problem is he isn’t paid like he’s average and he gets injured.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It’s probably because they watched him piss away a super bowl his team carried him to

He is exactly average. The problem is he isn’t paid like he’s average and he gets injured.
69% cmp pct, 102 rating

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
69% cmp pct, 102 rating

Piddled down leg in super bowl.

Cam also had pretty much those same numbers in his last season as a starter- I think it was 68% and 94, but with a running element- yet many people think he sucks too (because he too piddled down his leg in the super bowl)

so again how much of an upgrade would Jimmy really be? He himself got benched a couple weeks ago after coming back from an injury. Not all that different from Cam, he just played an ok game this week against a team who didn’t show up. Still threw two picks too

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don’t know what to tell you if you think he’s the same coach as he was in Cleveland, it’s like thinking the Gleison Tibau fight is relevant when talking about Khabib’s skills now. Probably more irrelevant even since it was literally 25 years ago

Bet ya not many people around the league share the same view as you. 16-10 in NE with bad QB’s since the Brady era certainly isn’t indicative of a bad or average coach either. Unless he only won because of the roster construction (which “Bill the GM” put together but we all know he sucks so that can’t be the case, right?)

I'm pretty sure most folks here don't share the same view as me 95% of the time. It's okay. They generally come around to it later when they realize it was correct...:naughty:

Reactions: CDJ

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Cam also had pretty much those same numbers in his last season as a starter- I think it was 68% and 94, but with a running element- yet many people think he sucks too (because he too piddled down his leg in the super bowl)

so again how much of an upgrade would Jimmy really be? He himself got benched a couple weeks ago after coming back from an injury. Not all that different from Cam, he just played an ok game this week against a team who didn’t show up. Still threw two picks too

Yep. If Jimmy G were here with the same cast, I think the results would be similar. Neither guy is a needle mover on their own.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can.

I define average as ranked 11-20 at his position. He's right around there I'd say.

I have him in the lower half of the league. Bottom 15-16 guy. Not far off from you, but he's certainly not above the halfway mark. His own pass happy head coach has taken the ball out of his hands.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

I agree but it’s kind of funny they lost that Super Bowl by not letting him throw. He was actually having a pretty solid game and then Shanahan Shanahaned

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Yeah definitely didnt have a great SB, doesn't mean he was an abject failure and BB and McD couldnt scheme it up like the 9ers did and be very succesful with Jimmy

Reactions: CDJ

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I would also kill to have the niners skill group, I’d feel way better about the rest of the season if the pats had them

football is @DKH second sport, but this guy has continually come up with better players draft time....

Samuel over Harry
Chubb over Michel
Kmet/Dobbins over Dugger
Goedert over Dawson (they traded down)
Metcalf over Williams

He is like Rainman when their pick is up lol

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yep. If Jimmy G were here with the same cast, I think the results would be similar. Neither guy is a needle mover on their own.
Depends, are we assuming Jimmy was here the last 4 years, or are we just dropping in Jimmy for this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce