Post-Game Talk: 49ers at PATRIOTS - YUCK - Next up @Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
football is @DKH second sport, but this guy has continually come up with better players draft time....

Samuel over Harry
Chubb over Michel
Kmet/Dobbins over Dugger
Goedert over Dawson (they traded down)
Metcalf over Williams

He is like Rainman when their pick is up lol

hockey is his 3rd sport after all

I still don’t mind the Dugger pick so much but sheeeesh did they not really need another defensive back

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
hockey is his 3rd sport after all

I still don’t mind the Dugger pick so much but sheeeesh did they not really need another defensive back

The defensive back stuff is insane when you realize how good they are at finding undrafted free agents and late round picks. They've used four top 60 picks on DBs in the past five years. It's just been completely unnecessary. It's like Belichick doesn't realize he's better than everyone else at coaching DBs and worse than everyone else at drafting/coaching WRs. It's a shocking blindspot for a guy who's been so good at self-evaluation over the years.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
football is @DKH second sport, but this guy has continually come up with better players draft time....

Samuel over Harry
Chubb over Michel
Kmet/Dobbins over Dugger
Goedert over Dawson (they traded down)
Metcalf over Williams

He is like Rainman when their pick is up lol
Patrick Queen or Kenny Murray at 23

Stidham main target Darius Slayton at Auburn where Belichick took a punter

how could Bill watch all the Stidham videos and not see Slayton was the guy hauling in those passes

how could he let Patrick Queen go by and trade back ?

Reactions: LouJersey

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tampa’s defense is lowkey very good. They ended the season incredibly strong last year and are looking pretty good again. Suh has been a factor for them. They got great linebackers

Offensive line is awesome too. Brady has taken only 8 sacks this year, and this isn’t the usual dink and dunk offense where Brady gets the ball out in a second and a half every time too

They’re just a really good football team. They’ve got a legitimate chance at the super bowl. Idk what their weakness is, probably their secondary? It’s not garbage though

Reactions: smithformeragent

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Tampa’s defense is lowkey very good. They ended the season incredibly strong last year and are looking pretty good again. Suh has been a factor for them. They got great linebackers

Offensive line is awesome too. Brady has taken only 8 sacks this year, and this isn’t the usual dink and dunk offense where Brady gets the ball out in a second and a half every time too

They’re just a really good football team. They’ve got a legitimate chance at the super bowl. Idk what their weakness is, probably their secondary? It’s not garbage though

I say the weakness is the coaching. We saw it in the first couple of weeks where the Bucs were undisciplined and taking stupid penalties for no reason and how that cost them games. A lot of that, by the way, falls on Arians. Now the team has been better recently and looks like they are whipped up into shape even with some of the volatile personalities in that locker room like Ndamukong Suh. We'll see if that lasts when Antonio Brown is introduced to the mix and/or when the team has to face real adversity. Because he honestly has the ability to cause that thing to collapse and pull the rug out from underneath Brady's feet due to his misplaced trust in him.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

They usually come out flying, but the offense sometimes stalls in the 2nd half.

That problem’s been better as of late, but it’s a tad concerning.

Reactions: CDJ and bbfan419

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
TBs issue is that they're in the same division as NO. Are they better than NO? Possibly, but they've also only beaten 1 good team (GB) all year. Their schedule is cake. If they get a bye, they probably make the SB.

They look good, but they are hard to judge given their competition so far.

Reactions: CDJ and bbfan419

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I say the weakness is the coaching. We saw it in the first couple of weeks where the Bucs were undisciplined and taking stupid penalties for no reason and how that cost them games. A lot of that, by the way, falls on Arians. Now the team has been better recently and looks like they are whipped up into shape even with some of the volatile personalities in that locker room like Ndamukong Suh. We'll see if that lasts when Antonio Brown is introduced to the mix and/or when the team has to face real adversity. Because he honestly has the ability to cause that thing to collapse and pull the rug out from underneath Brady's feet due to his misplaced trust in him.

On the football field AB and Brady have looked pretty good. I also think the media barage we saw last year when AB signed in NE won't happen in Tampa. It's not like the Volins and Shaugnessy's of the world are in Tampa to follow the team and stir the pot. If AB stays off social media (big if) they should be ok to be productive on the football field imo.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
TBs issue is that they're in the same division as NO. Are they better than NO? Possibly, but they've also only beaten 1 good team (GB) all year. Their schedule is cake. If they get a bye, they probably make the SB.

They look good, but they are hard to judge given their competition so far.

I don't think NO is better than them but I do think Brady has a mental issue playing them. Like he does with Denver. I also think the Saints aren't very good. Barely beat the Chargers, barely beat the Lions, barely beat the Panthers, and lost to Green Bay and the Raiders badly. I get they won the first game vs Tampa, but that was literally Brady's first game there, so I think the next time they play, it won't even be close.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Without a preseason, the entire first eight games of the regular season are turning into a litmus test.

Week to week, teams look unbeatable, and then fall flat on their faces.

Wild inconsistency.

If you're 5-3, perhaps even 4-4 or better going into the 2nd half, you're in pretty good shape to make a run.

Remember, only one bye per conference too.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
upload_2020-10-29_11-3-9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad