GDT: #48 | Penguins vs Golden Knights | Sat Jan19@10PMest | ATTSN-RM, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I often watch the Pens PP and think...you know, maybe they should coach the PP some more. These guys are freewheeling their way to a lot of dumb turnovers in critical areas.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I often watch the Pens PP and think...you know, maybe they should coach the PP some more. These guys are freewheeling their way to a lot of dumb turnovers in critical areas.

I don't know. I think it's good strategy to tell Geno to go stand still by the opposition blueline so he can be flat footed if he takes a pass or has to chase a dump in.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Guess they'll chock this one up to being a back to back stinker.

Since we have time can someone run the numbers to tell us what our records gonna need to be after the break to get into the PO's points wise?

97 points was what it took to get in last year. To hit that we will need to go 19-14-1.

We're on pace with our current point pace to hit 99 points. Buffalo is on pace for 92 points. So if you want to say 93 points is the target then we need to go 17-16-1.

We're not likely to miss unless we both go into a tailspin and all of Buffalo, Montreal, Boston, etc play at a better pace than we do.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So on the mainboards....

I learned that if you pull your goalie and lose in NHL OT, you forfeit the end of regulation point. So you could end up with an OT game that isn't a 'three point' night.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
97 points was what it took to get in last year. To hit that we will need to go 19-14-1.

We're on pace with our current point pace to hit 99 points. Buffalo is on pace for 92 points. So if you want to say 93 points is the target then we need to go 17-16-1.

We're not likely to miss unless we both go into a tailspin and all of Buffalo, Montreal, Boston, etc play at a better pace than we do.

Thanks for doing this.
Get to work JR.
Hurry back, JS.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno has a clean shot - passes it up.

Letang has a clean shot - passes it up.

I had no problem with Geno passing up the shot there to set it up on a tee for Letang at the point. BUT, they BOTH can't pass on a shot.

Honestly, the whole PP is a **** show. It's called 'sending out 4 elite players and letting them play pond hockey PP'.

But, it's like watching checkers. It SHOULD be chess. Pieces should be attacking in combination. Movement. Puck support. Creating isolated 2 on 1's in high danger areas. And, as for the breakout, how about not having guys flat footed at the blueline who you expect to chase the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad