#48 KINGS beat BLUES 4-1, with the Moral victory too.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Heh we still *****ing about the bottom six ?

Stoll is playing some of the best hockey of his career. The bottom six is the reason the Kings won that Blues game.

King/Stoll/lewis was the best line on the ice.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not surprised Muzzin didn't get suspended. They didn't suspend Weise for his slew-foot, I never thought they'd suspend Muzzin for that hit.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Yeah, I said this elsewhere and in the GDT--things are going to equalize here soon. We were shooting FOUR % over that last little stretch until tonight. 4. 4. I know it's about shot quality and such but it's not like we were getting NO chances, we just weren't finishing, and when Williams plugged that crossbar on the PP, it was so emblematic of that stretch of bad shooting, bad special teams, and bad luck. You can't rely on breaks, and last night we got at least one, but there are precious few exceptions to the rule that these things equal out over time. Keep getting chances, and we'll start getting some luck.

I don't even think it is bad shots. When you look at shot efficiency we are 4th overall. Meaning we have the 4th best shot for vs shot against ratio. The 3 teams in from of us there are San Jose, Chicago and Anaheim. They have all taken more shots than we have but have also allowed more shots than us. And two of those teams Chicago and Anaheim are both shooting above 10.5%. San Jose is shooting closer to us at 8.5% but unlike us that is at least close to league average.
Just getting the the league average would be 16 more goals or .33 G/G. That would be good enough for 2.79G/G which would be tied for 11th in the league. Getting our PP on track along with getting a few bounces is all that is needed to really get that. I don't think it is luck to have bounces it is because you are playing well. Your in the right place so you have good things happen. And we are more than do to have some of them. The question really comes down to are we playing well and are we in the right places? And that is hit or miss. But the team really can't continue shooting as bad as they have percentage wise. It's got to improve.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't even think it is bad shots. When you look at shot efficiency we are 4th overall. Meaning we have the 4th best shot for vs shot against ratio. The 3 teams in from of us there are San Jose, Chicago and Anaheim. They have all taken more shots than we have but have also allowed more shots than us. And two of those teams Chicago and Anaheim are both shooting above 10.5%. San Jose is shooting closer to us at 8.5% but unlike us that is at least close to league average.
Just getting the the league average would be 16 more goals or .33 G/G. That would be good enough for 2.79G/G which would be tied for 11th in the league. Getting our PP on track along with getting a few bounces is all that is needed to really get that. I don't think it is luck to have bounces it is because you are playing well. Your in the right place so you have good things happen. And we are more than do to have some of them. The question really comes down to are we playing well and are we in the right places? And that is hit or miss. But the team really can't continue shooting as bad as they have percentage wise. It's got to improve.

Fully agree, and you said it more eloquently than I could :laugh:

Guess I don't really mean 'bad shots,' but we do rack up several crest snipes a game more than the average team, imo, in the name of puck possession. We'll edge closer to the mean when the PP starts clicking and guys start getting greasy goals again.

I also wouldn't mind occasionally keeping defenses honest with more cross-crease passes (i.e. the goal last night)--teams like the Ducks will even force that pass just trying to get a bounce and make the goalie think; it feels like our possession philosophy prevents that a bit.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You still have time to convert. I became a Kings fan because everybody else in prison was a Kings fan. I just like the logo though, I haven't seen a full game yet. Dat Wayne Gretski guy is my favorite though. Heard he was supposed to be pretty good.

:laugh:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
You still have time to convert. I became a Kings fan because everybody else in prison was a Kings fan. I just like the logo though, I haven't seen a full game yet. Dat Wayne Gretski guy is my favorite though. Heard he was supposed to be pretty good.

I just might take you up on that offer. I stabbed a guy named Wayne once. Hopefully it wasn't the same person.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
When you say "stabbed," what exactly do you mean? :laugh:

dry-heave-o.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad