#48 KINGS beat BLUES 4-1, with the Moral victory too.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
If I were the blues I would not be upset about the lost, I'd be pissed they let Lewis score not only one but 2.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Always fun to beat the Blues! How often do we get to see the bottom 6 bail us out with a win? A welcome relief after tonight's grim first two periods.

Quick is going to have to be sensational for another week or two while everyone collectively un****s themselves. I was opposed to moving Scrivens a month ago because I was worried about Quick's return to form, but he hit the ground running as good as ever!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Was worried about the bottom six going into the game and they produced.

Kopitar needs to get going again, as does Richards.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
"Including the past two Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Kings have won 16 of 20 games against the Blues, including two of three this season."

tumblr_m3mbusdR4M1qiyrhzo1_400.gif

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Quotes like this are why this emoticon was invented -----> :shakehead

Dude, seriously. Give it a ******* rest.

But Pearson should have been in there. Not sure for who, but he should have been in there. :laugh:

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
So happy that the way we scored that 3rd goal. Got ammo for every time Blues fans post a pick of Steen doing that to Quick.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Quotes like this are why this emoticon was invented -----> :shakehead

Dude, seriously. Give it a ******* rest.

I'm not saying they didn't deserve to win. Quick played well and we looked good defensively, as always. But anyone claiming this team doesn't need a total overhaul offensively is just not watching the actual game. Look at the goals we scored over the past two games. Brown against Vancouver, a 3 on 1 which Kopitar nearly flubbed; Muzzin's a seeing eye shot from the point; a flukey bounce on an opposing player; and another flukey giveaway by Halak. We're not creating anything off sustained pressure, we're not counter attacking, we can't complete two or three passes in a row.

I liked that we won and this team doesn't outright suck, but holy god are they bad offensively. That's...wait for it...unsustainable.

The Blues aren't overtly more talented at any position and look at their offensive numbers. They move the puck well, they have youth throughout the lineup, and they can still play D. We have their number for whatever insane voodoo reason, and that's fine. I just haven't been impressed with the way this team is winning games. That's not based on high expectations - the team looked fantastic during its stretch from November to Christmas. I'm just calling it how I see it. And I see a top six with multiple players on pace for career worst seasons offensively, and a bottom six who is invisible nine games out of ten.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Call me crazy, but I think this is absolute rock bottom. The offense can't get worse. I still think Dean needs to pull a trade that sends shockwaves through our offense, but I also believe the offense will level out and they'll score more goals.

That power play is absolute trash though. Painful to watch. It *almost* cost them two points tonight. The Kings should have blown out the Canucks, but they could only muster one pathetic goal.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I'm not saying they didn't deserve to win. Quick played well and we looked good defensively, as always. But anyone claiming this team doesn't need a total overhaul offensively is just not watching the actual game. Look at the goals we scored over the past two games. Brown against Vancouver, a 3 on 1 which Kopitar nearly flubbed; Muzzin's a seeing eye shot from the point; a flukey bounce on an opposing player; and another flukey giveaway by Halak. We're not creating anything off sustained pressure, we're not counter attacking, we can't complete two or three passes in a row.

I liked that we won and this team doesn't outright suck, but holy god are they bad offensively. That's...wait for it...unsustainable.

The Blues aren't overtly more talented at any position and look at their offensive numbers. They move the puck well, they have youth throughout the lineup, and they can still play D. We have their number for whatever insane voodoo reason, and that's fine. I just haven't been impressed with the way this team is winning games. That's not based on high expectations - the team looked fantastic during its stretch from November to Christmas. I'm just calling it how I see it. And I see a top six with multiple players on pace for career worst seasons offensively, and a bottom six who is invisible nine games out of ten.

The blues are putting up such great scoring numbers because they are shooing at a pace that is 3% over the league average.
And where we can play better without a doubt we have not gotten any bounces for awhile till tonight. And that hurts. Even tonight we had Williams hit the post on the PP. And that would have hopefully raise the confidence on the PP for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad