GDT: #48 | FLYERS (H) vs. Devils (A) | Sunday, Apr. 25, 2021 | 6:00 pm ET | ESPN+, NBCSP, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Devils have sucked hard lately. I guess it's time for NJ to beat us.

They gave the Penguins all they could handle today, including a platinum scoring chance with 9 seconds left to tie. Crosby's EN came with 0.1 seconds left because of course it did.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Of course not, but when your system is already a chaotic disaster it'd probably help to not change the lines and pairs constantly. All that's going to do is add to the confusion and cause more problems. Especially when you have players constantly coming in and out of the lineup too.
This is so AV can bitch to Fletcher and get “his guys” here to make his system work, and when they finally trade good players for shitty ones and AV’s system still doesn’t work it won’t matter French Hak will be laughing all the way to the bank!!! And I’ll be a full time Avs fan, f*** you Fletch, Scott, and AV for ruining the Flyers for me assclowns

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is so AV can bitch to Fletcher and get “his guys” here to make his system work, and when they finally trade good players for shitty ones and AV’s system still doesn’t work it won’t matter French Hak will be laughing all the way to the bank!!!

In all seriousness, I 100% expect this to happen. They are all-in with Alain, and they are going to give him "his guys" so he has a chance to succeed before they pull the plug. We are going to be rife with Tanner Pearsons and Kevin Hayeses, and we will be suffering for it long after Chuck has f***ed off back to Minnesota. It's a grim scenario. The only thing to do is not ever approach this in all seriousness - treat it as the farce it has and will become.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
In all seriousness, I 100% expect this to happen. They are all-in with Alain, and they are going to give him "his guys" so he has a chance to succeed before they pull the plug. We are going to be rife with Tanner Pearsons and Kevin Hayeses, and we will be suffering for it long after Chuck has f***ed off back to Minnesota. It's a grim scenario. The only thing to do is not ever approach this in all seriousness - treat it as the farce it has and will become.
The best thing that could stop this from happening is a further fall in attendance and media ratings. Another season of this crappy style of hockey would seal the deal on AV’s demise. A proactive FO would sense the direction of the fan base and not wait for a collapse in fan support.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The best thing that could stop this from happening is a further fall in attendance and media ratings. Another season of this crappy style of hockey would seal the deal on AV’s demise. A proactive FO would sense the direction of the fan base and not wait for a collapse in fan support.

It will be interesting to see what in their mind success is.

Making the playoffs? Winning a round?

After Hextall there seemed to be an implied sense of urgency, but it’s kind of a feeling of complacency at the present time.

This seasons inability for them to see what would most definitely have been falling attendance/viewership is I think masking how the brand is falling.

They definitely aren’t viewed anymore as a premier club up here, and really what is there to market? A soon to be 32year old JVR leading the team in points. In the top 50 point producers in the NHL the NHL the Flyers struggle to have even one player make the back end of that list.

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It will be interesting to see what in their mind success is.

Making the playoffs? Winning a round?

After Hextall there seemed to be an implied sense of urgency, but it’s kind of a feeling of complacency at the present time.

This seasons inability for them to see what would most definitely have been falling attendance/viewership is I think masking how the brand is falling. They definitely aren’t viewed anymore as a premier club up here.
This is a key point. Will TPTB look at the attendance and think that it wouldn’t be an issue without Covid? My read is that media ratings are off. So is fan interest around town. If there were crowds at the WFC, they’d be less than capacity and the boo birds would be out and vocal. The product that they’re selling isn’t made for this city.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This is a key point. Will TPTB look at the attendance and think that it wouldn’t be an issue without Covid? My read is that media ratings are off. So is fan interest around town. If there were crowds at the WFC, they’d be less than capacity and the boo birds would be out and vocal. The product that they’re selling isn’t made for this city.

I read somewhere that viewership is actually good this year. I might be wrong on that though.

The product I grew to love was a team that while skilled also kind of played with an edge. It was entertaining. Now it’s a different game today, but if you aren’t going to be a team that wins, or a team that can market a young exciting superstar - you can’t afford to be vanilla and boring in terms of playing style.

That doesn’t work in any city.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I read somewhere that viewership is actually good this year. I might be wrong on that though.

The product I grew to love was a team that while skilled also kind of played with an edge. It was entertaining. Now it’s a different game today, but if you aren’t going to be a team that wins, or a team that can market a young exciting superstar - you can’t afford to be vanilla and boring in terms of playing style.

That doesn’t work in any city.

They arent selling out with only 2500 max capacity.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

so thats another full year we are gunna write off after this one ?

cool...

same as it ever was...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad