GDT: [#47] Tampa Bay Lightning at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think their usage of Heiskanen on the PP is frustrating and he's being wasted on that dreadful 2nd unit. Let Honka do that with Lindell or Fedun and Jamie Benn. He should be a guy they have in a position to shoot. I noticed last game at one point when they needed a goal they put him in the slot and Seguin and Klingberg at the point. Wouldn't mind that again personally.

All of Heiskanen’s best assets aren’t used in the slot, though. It also might put him at a higher risk of injury. Not sure I like that idea.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
All of Heiskanen’s best assets aren’t used in the slot, though. It also might put him at a higher risk of injury. Not sure I like that idea.

They should put him at the point then in Seguin's spot and Seguin in the slot. He just needs to be able to get that quick release off. Seguin and Spezza in front can clean up rebounds

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
They should put him at the point then in Seguin's spot and Seguin in the slot. He just needs to be able to get that quick release off. Seguin and Spezza in front can clean up rebounds
How long until Condra takes Benn spot on unit #1.
That's the real question

Reactions: Kcb12345

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Fair, but they have to fill a bunch of time. I don’t think the organization would be too happy if most of that time is filled with negativity. Just look at the content Mark and especially Heika put out. You are right though, they don’t even point out negative facts that are undeniable.

I believe some of Ralph’s issues were not being able to really speak his mind about the direction of the team.

Sean is a breathe of fresh air, though. Someone does have to be critical, especially when it’s really needed at a time like this.

Sean is doing great work. I didn't buy an Athletic subscription for his stuff, but it's been great value, especially with the f---ing horses--- stuff

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Fair, but they have to fill a bunch of time. I don’t think the organization would be too happy if most of that time is filled with negativity. Just look at the content Mark and especially Heika put out. You are right though, they don’t even point out negative facts that are undeniable.

I believe some of Ralph’s issues were not being able to really speak his mind about the direction of the team.

Sean is a breathe of fresh air, though. Someone does have to be critical, especially when it’s really needed at a time like this.
All good points. Great post.

I guess, overall, I’m thinking that Gaglardi must be furious at his return on investment, as well as season ticket holders. Khudobin had some good comments: sure, progress is nice, but losing stinks. The Stars need more of that... guys who hate to lose.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
All good points. Great post.

I guess, overall, I’m thinking that Gaglardi must be furious at his return on investment, as well as season ticket holders. Khudobin had some good comments: sure, progress is nice, but losing stinks. The Stars need more of that... guys who hate to lose.
Well he's at least partially responsible for meddling with shit he clearly doesn't understand

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
That second line of
Cogliano-spezza-condra

Was just great last night, definitely the deepest roster that we have had in years.

AHL right winger, a fourth liner and a man that’s about to retire.
But hey, they can continue to be delusional and blame Benn

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
great hustle last night, was a fun game to take in, in spite of the result and the tampa bay homers behind us.

biggest notes.. Lindell consistently makes great passes to exit the zone.

and... Honka. oh dear. i wanted so badly for him to turn into a great player. he just thinks the game so slowly. so many times Klinger or Rads or someone else is slapping the ice, calling for a pass he should have delivered already and he still takes another 1/2 seconds to get it off. and he waits way to long to move after he does pass.. like he's a baseball player watching a home run from the batters box. i'm afraid i've lost all hope for him. head can't keep up with his feet.

Reactions: Satan

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not even sure we should be optimistic about this " good " game. Its possible their motivation was more to avoid embarrassment rather than actually win. That would be a culture of mediocrity .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think you're reading too far into narratives than the results

Not sure, I have seen it before. And, its a discussion board, so I discuss, when not even sure of the merit. I have seen even pro teams play well enough to not be embarrassed. If they were really focused on winning, maybe they would have gone to the net more, etc., address problems we have seen all year, rather than just ramp up the shots. Just a thought based on obviously knowing that one game can't fix years of mediocrity. We turned no corners the other night, and probably won't tonight, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad