GDT: [#47] Tampa Bay Lightning at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Hitting a defenseman in the corner who knew the hit was coming, happens 20 times a game each way. Somehow that one was a penatly tho. LOL

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Well I look forward to Gaglardi blowing up the team. It's time. It's clear this core can't do it, might as well move on from the GM, Scouting department, and this "core" into a new age.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
We're gonna miss the playoffs again aren't we lol.
I’m torn. Big picture, the Stars desperately need to have a postseason for the sake of the franchise and the fans. On the other hand, I think that some of the problems with the team (e.g. culture of mediocrity) are so deep that it can only be fixed by significantly tearing it down. And, there’s no chance that happens if they make the playoffs this year. They’d be buying instead of selling at the deadlines.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Well I look forward to Gaglardi blowing up the team. It's time. It's clear this core can't do it, might as well move on from the GM, Scouting department, and this "core" into a new age.
I wish. That would be amazing, but my fellow fans on HF have also convinced me that it will never happen.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Razor just called it a game to build on. I called it. Too late for character building. Also noted Dobbys 6th loss when giving up 2 or less.

I mean it theoretically could be if we didn't all know that next game against the Kings nobody will show up again.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
If Dallas misses the playoffs it will make for an interesting summer.

You can already call Jim Nill's 5 year plan a massive failure. Even without trading for rental players on an annual basis in an attempt to contend, management haven't developed a sustainable prospect farm. The only good thing that has happened to this team in the past 3 years has been fluking into Heiskanen.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
This broadcast is kinda ridiculous. This is a near-cap team with star players in their prime, and they just spent 5-7 minutes talking about a bunch of moral victories against the NHL’s #1 team. It sounded like something you’d hear when a young, rebuilding team hung in there for a game with the reigning Stanley Cup Chmpion. No wonder the team has a “culture of mediocrity.” It sounds like everyone is “just happy to be here.”

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This broadcast is kinda ridiculous. This is a near-cap team with star players in their prime, and they just spent 5-7 minutes talking about a bunch of moral victories against the NHL’s #1 team. It sounded like something you’d hear when a young, rebuilding team hung in there for a game with the reigning Stanley Cup Chmpion. No wonder the team has a “culture of mediocrity.” It sounds like everyone is “just happy to be here.”

Ikr :laugh:literally a perfect way to put it

Reactions: JesusNPucks

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
23-20-4 (47 gp)

50 out of 94 potential points

Simple math says if they have 23 win out of 47 games then they lost 24.
24 losses is greater than 23 wins.
So if you lose more than half your games, guess what you're under .500
Just because the NHL doesn't count "loser" points as loses doesn't mean they aren't loses.

They lose more than they win, hence under .500

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
23-20-4 (47 gp)

50 out of 94 potential points

Simple math says if they have 23 win out of 47 games then they lost 24.
24 losses is greater than 23 wins.
So if you lose more than half your games, guess what you're under .500
Just because the NHL doesn't count "loser" points as loses doesn't mean they aren't loses.

They lose more than they win, hence under .500

Let’s just say you’re both right and move on.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Consecutive games since they last scored:
67 Nichushkin (regular season, playoff, and preseason)
28 Honka
26 Shore - traded
15 Hintz
14 Lindell
11 Fedun
9 Gurianov - demoted
9 Janmark
8 Comeau
8 Dickinson
8 Ritchie
8 Spezza
7 Carrick
7 Faksa
7 Pitlick
6 Heiskanen
4 Radulov
3 Klingberg
3 Seguin
2 Benn
1 Condra

Reactions: Smelling Salt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Fair, but they have to fill a bunch of time. I don’t think the organization would be too happy if most of that time is filled with negativity. Just look at the content Mark and especially Heika put out. You are right though, they don’t even point out negative facts that are undeniable.

I believe some of Ralph’s issues were not being able to really speak his mind about the direction of the team.

Sean is a breathe of fresh air, though. Someone does have to be critical, especially when it’s really needed at a time like this.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This is off topic but I think their usage of Heiskanen on the PP is frustrating and he's being wasted on that dreadful 2nd unit. Let Honka do that with Lindell or Fedun and Jamie Benn (remove him from the first unit). He should be a guy they have in a position to shoot. I noticed last game at one point when they needed a goal they put him in the slot and Seguin and Klingberg at the point. Wouldn't mind that again personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad