GDT: [#47] Tampa Bay Lightning at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I feel like we'll have a pretty good first period, maybe even a lead.

Then Tampa will stop playing games and will score 4 or 5. 5-2 Tampa is my final guess.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Should be a sure loss. Probably doing with Dobs to save Bishop the embarrassment of losing to his old team.

Yep. On paper at least, there is absolutely no chance and no reason we should win this game. Tampa's 1st or 2nd line is gonna have a fun time going up against Polak on that 2nd pairing. Can't believe that pairing still stays together despite being scored on every night. The amount of times Roman Polak jumps up into the play or tries to do something fancy drives me nuts...just get the puck to Miro and let him get it out and carry it up.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Hopefully, all the motivation talk will have some impact, and they will play them close. However, watching the Stars for 27 years, it always seems like bad teams don't have the third period third gear needed to win close games, and I see that in the Stars this year, too. Whether talent or attitude, or some combo of both, TB will have the advantage when the game is on the line. They will probably score near the end, and we will see more stories about playing well but losing, moral victories, and "hopefully, learning a lesson and building on this." If they are still learning this late in the season, its a problem that is too deep to solve. Not unlike identity searching this late in the season.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
This is a huge game. A win tonight could really help the team moving forward. It's going to be a very tough game, but this is one we need

Go Stars

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Oh, yes, they could really build on this victory. Only problem is, they tend to have clunkers after big wins. If they win, then the second game, and beating a second quality opponent (LA Kings, if they qualify as quality) then becomes important. Given their road record, winning all five (or going 4-1) of these home games would have been important, but they are 0-1 right now, soon to be 0-2. With LAK and WPG coming next. Minny won't be easy after that.

What are our predictions for this home stand? 3-2 or 2-3? Or is this the start of our annual losing streak that takes out of PO position and we go 1-4 or 0-5?

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Given that TB got slapped last game after taking their opponent for granted... could be bad news for the Stars tonight. But, as they say, that’s why you play the game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Give up a 2-on-1 in the first 30 seconds. Nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad