#47 KINGS SHUT OUT CANUCKS, 1/13/'14, 1-0 in regulation.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I wonder what's up with Greene. Sutter didn't know much or give much information on him.

Greene has some sort of injury in his upper body I think that keeps getting injured. Might be a pectoral tear, those can linger for years.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
While I was watching the Postgame Show, one of the commentators said, "The Canucks were acting as if they had won two or three Stanley Cups."

I'll watch a rerun just to verify this. (tip of the tongue moment)

VanPatten

Oct 27, 2013
You know it's funny, reading the Vancouver board a lot of their fans think they were dominant in a physical way tonight. Maybe if it's a slap fight.

I guess they didn't watch a single Blues/Kings game in the playoffs last season.

This.

I live in vancouver, and can tell you the fans are generally not knowledgable beyond the Canucks, and certainly are not familiar with physical hockey. That said, I wish the kings provided some push back and showed the Canucks their rightful place as children in a man's game.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
There are now only 4 PP's in the NHL worse than the Kings. We are now 23rd in goals per game, and dropping like a rock. At the very least I'm expecting to see the lines we used in the 3rd being used next game along with some different PP units. Lombardi needs to be working those phones though...

But the Kings are 7th in goal differential.

I don't know what anyone can expect by Lombardi working the phones. Where's the cap space? Who do the Kings trade? Who can they bring in? The guys that are on this team, that are being paid a lot of money, are going to have to be the ones saving this offense.

Jun 30, 2006
While I was watching the Postgame Show, one of the commentators said, "The Canucks were acting as if they had won two or three Stanley Cups."

I believe that was Sean O'Donnell that made that remark.

Anyway, great game by the Kings and Quickie. Solid win.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
What a dive, I gotta say it. Must have been watching Luongo and Mike Smith lately.

quick made it look like he stepped on a land mine and got his legs blown out from under him. terrible dive.

these dives going to catch up to us. one day someone's going to run Quick for real and we aint going to get the call. just like how brownie doesn't get them now

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
quick made it look like he stepped on a land mine and got his legs blown out from under him. terrible dive.

these dives going to catch up to us. one day someone's going to run Quick for real and we aint going to get the call. just like how brownie doesn't get them now

Only after that POS Wiesse kicked his leg out. Watch the video. Quick adding a little sugar but the casuck kicked his leg out too. Second time during the game. The one he did on DD should get him a suspension.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

Sean O'Donnell said that. Thanks Cyclones.

Love Odie. Saying the Canucks act like they've won something when they've won nothing but a couple of President's trophies. Then re-iterating a couple of times that he dislikes them. Good stuff. Also, LOL at Sutter saying the team spent more time in practice running goalies than shooting the puck.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Given some pretty harsh flashbacks of Mitchell on Vancouver's PP after that first period for you guys.

I'll never stop wondering why NHL coaches choose to have guys like Mitchell and Hamhuis on PP's. It's like not going for it on a 4 and 1 in football. WHY!!!

It takes so long for them to wind up for a shot that everybody in the arena has enough time to focus their attention on them. Fun fact: Quick is still under .500 in his career record against Vancouver somehow.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
@DennisTFP

Reliable source tells us Kings Matt Greene suffered a concussion that caused him not to return this evening.

He kept rubbing his face in the penalty box, he looked a bit out of it. Damn that sucks.

KingKopitar11*

@DennisTFP

He kept rubbing his face in the penalty box, he looked a bit out of it. Damn that sucks.

Wow that does suck.

Make some trades DL we need to get some real fire power some way some how.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This is darling.

DSC_6986.jpg

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Oh man, I wonder if the sport dept at ch 11 MyFoxLA might be better served by not reporting the Kings at all:

Tonight order of stories
1st: 2 min story on Kobie Bryant $800 grooming bill
2nd: 3 minutes of a 49ers preacher fan rushing his sermon before the game so he wouldn't miss it.
3rd: 1 min of Liz Habib whining about how the NFL Seahawks won't sell tickets to California residences
4th A poll about which heisman trophy winner has won a playoff game in the last 25 year. *
5th :1 min of Dodgers players dropping the puck, followed by a 2 second blurb about the Kings winning 1-0 . No highlights or even mentioned of who scored or all the physical play from the game.

@LizHabib is who can suggest better coverage .

*she spent more time reminding viewers about text message charges and data rates fee than she did with the Kings tonight.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
This.

I live in vancouver, and can tell you the fans are generally not knowledgable beyond the Canucks, and certainly are not familiar with physical hockey. That said, I wish the kings provided some push back and showed the Canucks their rightful place as children in a man's game.

Yeah, I am listening to TEAM 1040 right now and some of the Canuck player interviews. Kessler thinks they really showed the Kings and the NHL something tonight. He has to be kidding. That stuff that Kasian was doing early in the game does nothing but let our PP practice in a game situation.

They asked him if it was salt in the wound due to the player that scored the Kings' goal. "I have no idea who scored their goal tonight." Man, it's lame when a team tries to kick someone's butt and they just shrug it off.

There was no message sent by the Canucks to the Kings tonight. The Canucks are still the Kings' lap dogs.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Love Odie. Saying the Canucks act like they've won something when they've won nothing but a couple of President's trophies. Then re-iterating a couple of times that he dislikes them. Good stuff. Also, LOL at Sutter saying the team spent more time in practice running goalies than shooting the puck.

Canucks fans thinking the ticky tat crap they did all night starting at the drop of the puck was 'toughness'... :biglaugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, I am listening to TEAM 1040 right now and some of the Canuck player interviews. Kessler thinks they really showed the Kings and the NHL something tonight. He has to be kidding. That stuff that Kasian was doing early in the game does nothing but let our PP practice in a game situation.

They asked him if it was salt in the wound due to the player that scored the Kings' goal. "I have no idea who scored their goal tonight." Man, it's lame when a team tries to kick someone's butt and they just shrug it off.

There was no message sent by the Canucks to the Kings tonight. The Canucks are still the Kings' lap dogs.

If anything, they lost any edge/surprise they had going into the next game. They tried to play our game. We love when it's trench warfare, and I'm all for that.

It's not much of a moral victory if it's not a victory. Hell, they opened up another 2 pts for us in the stands. Sweet!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad