GDT: #47 | FLYERS (A) vs. Rangers (H) | Friday, Apr. 23, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NHLN, TVAS, MSG, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Matt niskanen was not the reason the team stuck this year. It’s an excuse

I don't know about that. He was ... how should I put this ...

200.gif

Reactions: BiggE

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Jackson Cates article (source: Wayne Fish)

Jackson Cates' debut another example of Flyers' youth movement – FlyingFishHockey

Making the jump straight from college to the NHL is fairly uncommon but, like the 23-year-old Allison (a Western Michigan University product), it’s a little easier at 23 than, say, 20, as Joel Farabee did last season.

“I’m just trying to stay calm,’’ said Cates in a pre-game media Zoom call from Madison Square Garden. “Focus on what I can control, just play my game, that’s all I can do at this point. I’m very excited.’’

Talent evaluators have compared Cates’s game to that of Flyers veteran Scott Laughton, who is known for his strong two-way play.

“It makes me feel good to be compared to anybody in this league,’’ Cates said. “I’m a 200-foot player, smart on both sides of the puck and have that good awareness on the ice.’’

Cates, 6-foot-0, 175 pounds, attended the Flyers’ development camp two years ago.
“I knew it was a great organization,’’ Cates said. “They took great interest in me. I’m very happy to be here.’’​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad