GDT: #47 | FLYERS (A) vs. Rangers (H) | Friday, Apr. 23, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NHLN, TVAS, MSG, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So our coach is playing a player with zero NHL future because our GM promised him NHL games this season in order to entice his brother, who has a small chance of an NHL future, to sign with us, who is returning to college for his senior year and could leave as a free agent next summer?

Completely functional organization.

Im sure a guy like Max Willman loves to see it.

Reactions: BiggE

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For what purpose?

The Flyers can only get to 69 points if they win out.

To get to 70 points:
Washington needs 6 points from 9 games
The Islanders need 7 points from 9 games
Pittsburgh needs 7 points from 9 games
Boston needs 10 points from 11 games

Plus, the Flyers still have the Rangers in between them and this group.

The season is over, so now we're just hoping for no significant injuries and for some guys to get their mojo back.

I don't understand dressing Jackson Cates, at all, but good for him.

A zero playing over quite a few guys on the Phantoms that earned a cup of coffee.

Reactions: BiggE

BudEagle

Nov 9, 2013
New Jersey
AV confirms Jackson Cates is in, centering Lindblom and Aube-Kubel. Nolan Patrick is out. "You obviously want a new player to enjoy his first game and do what he does best. I'm going on what Chuck said and Flahrsy said. He's a hard-working two way player." Bill Meltzer

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I would personally put Patrick on the top line with Couts and G and the top PP and tell him to QB it. There is no information gleaned by sitting him.

I personally feel that he will be one of the biggest 2OA flops of all time. His value may never be higher than now, unfortunately.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
BlankInconsequentialDungenesscrab-size_restricted.gif
You’re not supposed to post actual photos of yourself on the internet, cap

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
AV confirms Jackson Cates is in, centering Lindblom and Aube-Kubel. Nolan Patrick is out. "You obviously want a new player to enjoy his first game and do what he does best. I'm going on what Chuck said and Flahrsy said. He's a hard-working two way player." Bill Meltzer
:pout:

May be worse than Brieresy. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

"I'm going on what Chucksy said and what Flahrsy said. I've never seen him play. That's not unusual. A guy like me, with my NHL experience and Finals trips several decades ago, I don't need to watch a guy play. For example, I've never seen Ghost play - every time he goes on the ice, I close my eyes - but I still knew we had to waive him when we weren't benching him. I knew because of my experience."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A zero playing over quite a few guys on the Phantoms that earned a cup of coffee.

Like whom. The players who earned a cup of coffee have already had one.

Jackson was a top 6 forward who averaged a ppg (27 points in 28 games) on a perennial championship contender.
Minn-Duluth is a tough team to pad stats b/c they're so defensively responsible.
He's had four years of college, is 23 and thus is similar to Laczynski, who had 10 points in 14 games.

Do I think he's more than a 4th line guy? Nah. But he is certainly well ahead of say Sushko.
He has the skills to be a solid 4LW, can skate, shoot, forecheck, play defense and PK.

Reactions: renberg

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
didnt we sign the other cates brother recently and he's already in the nhl before noah lmao??

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
"I'm going on what Chucksy said and what Flahrsy said. I've never seen him play. That's not unusual. A guy like me, with my NHL experience and Finals trips several decades ago, I don't need to watch a guy play. For example, I've never seen Ghost play - every time he goes on the ice, I close my eyes - but I still knew we had to waive him when we weren't benching him. I knew because of my experience."

its creepy how you can read AVs mind so perfectly...

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Matt niskanen was not the reason the team stuck this year. It’s an excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad