GDT: #47: CBJ @ DAL 8:30EDT "Do or Die Edition"

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ignore the Howson defenders. It is the "Howson Rule" that could screw us. Just a statement of fact.

True that. It was Howson's proposed rule, and we're on the wrong side of same right now. Holding Howson personally responsible as though it's some sort of additional malfeasance or incompetence on his part, though, is taking it a tad too far.

* * *​
Yup, all two of us.;)

(What's with people bringing Howson into every thread?)

Clearly I count as fifty posters, or something. :D

* * *​
Well, we can't bring Umbie into every thread so he's the alternative. :laugh:

Seriously, people need to get over the Howson rule. It is doing what it was intended to do and that is reward teams that take care of business in regulation. Does it suck that we could miss out because of it? Yes but that is the way it is.

UMBERGER IS THE CBJ I WILL SHOW YOU ALL

...but yeah., well said. :)

* * *​
Oh, no. Karmic imbalance in the universe. I don't know whether to hate the shootout or ROW. I mean, the ROW tiebreaker has the added bonus of allowing me to hate Howson at the same time, but the shootout is an abomination foisted upon the sport by the devil incarnate, Bettman. And this season they both screw the Jackets, so what to do, what to do!??! Must blame something! Must blame something!

tumblr_lblm0naisi1qzxstu.gif

I love you.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
I would prefer 10 minutes of 4v4 after 60. Maybe even have 3 minutes of 3v3 after that if they really want (Though that would be gimmicky as well. Fun to watch though). After OT, just have a 5v5 shootout. 3v3 is too little. International play has 5v5 (I believe) and it's worked out decently.

Have 3 points for regulation/OT win, 2 for SO win and 1 for losing in OT or SO.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Sweet!! Welcome Aboard! :handclap: You can replaces CBJBrassard16, he fell off when Dallas tied the game. :cry::cry::cry:

He actually gave up a couple games back but keeps showing up in the GDT. Don't understand why?

Happy to be wrong. nationwide will be pumping. cant wait.

You've been wrong for quite a while.

Fortunate for you guys, I won't be here Saturday because I'll be at the game. :laugh:

Good because after I gave you a 60 minute penalty last time you didn't learn to stay behind our team I now penalize you by banning you from the GDT for the rest of the season. And since you don't think they will make the playoffs, you are banned from the playoff GDT's as well :sarcasm:

Great win boys. One more to go and some help from the Stars.

Kurtis5939

Feb 7, 2011
Pensacola, FL
He actually gave up a couple games back but keeps showing up in the GDT. Don't understand why?

You've been wrong for quite a while.

Good because after I gave you a 60 minute penalty last time you didn't learn to stay behind our team I now penalize you by banning you from the GDT for the rest of the season. And since you don't think they will make the playoffs, you are banned from the playoff GDT's as well :sarcasm:

Great win boys. One more to go and some help from the Stars.

I completely agree with this. I actually had to place Brass on ignore I hate seeing such negativity especially from such a "Loyal" fan. I may have only started watching this team last year, but i have never given up hope on them. Even at the begining when they were playing around in the NHL basement

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Ok, just meant you shouldnt get a point if you lose in OT. I wouldnt be against getting rid of the shootout, give some more opportunities to win in OT, hence the extra 5 minute 3 on 3....I think that would result in a lot more OT wins

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The problem is not the shootout (although I'd rather see a 10 minute overtime before one), it's how they current impact standings. Some games are worth 2 points, some are worth 3 points. What?!? So those games are 50% more important or 50% better games?!?

It's an easy fix. ALL games are worth 3 points...

3 pts = regulation win
2 pts = overtime or shootout win
1 pt = overtime or shootout loss
0 pts= regulation loss

P.S. Ban the spin-o-rama for the shootout.

And use the overtime or shootout loss games for the first tie breaker, ... :laugh::sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad