GDT: [#46] St. Louis Blues at Dallas Stars, 8:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Condra has more goals than Nichushkin

Hahahahahahah

Ah hahahahaha

And Nichuskin was one the the teams best players tonight . Ok not that hard because almost nobody showed up but Nichuskin did albeit again couldn't do anything.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Just publicly come out and strip him of the C. it pissed off Modano back in the day, no reason it wouldn't do the same with Benn and send a message to the team

Last edited:
Reactions: The Tourist

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Honestly I don't see how Nill can sit and do nothing after a game like this and the head coach coming out and literally saying it's not gonna change with the current group we have.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I was talking with a friend about stripping the C. I am not sure who you give it to. The stars don’t really have anyone to give it to.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I was talking with a friend about stripping the C. I am not sure who you give it to. The stars don’t really have anyone to give it to.

What really sucks is Benn is probably only going to get worse. With his injury history, never being a great skater, and just the type of physical game he used to play it is only going to slow him down more and we are stuck with him making superstar money for many more years.

If we weren't already rotating four guys wearing an 'A' I would just strip Benn of the 'C' and then roll with three A's for the rest of the season and then in the offseason settle on a new captain. The problem is you can't really rotate Spezza, Radulov, Seguin, and Klingberg in that scenario.

I do get the sense that Monty is sick of Benn and when speaking about mediocrity and not being ready to play he's talking about Benn without saying his name.

Benn is my favorite player in the league (or was) and has been for years so this isn't me piling on some plug that I can't stand. He's simply lazy and not good right now. I don't know if he's not good because he doesn't play hard or if he's simply not that good anymore. It's hard to tell if his skills have deteriorated because he never goes hard enough out there to know what the issue is. Go watch a highlight video from 3-4 years ago and you would think it was from a decade ago and we were comparing a guy when he was 25 to now being 35 and almost at retirement age. Lazy passes, floating, refusing to shoot, never see him try to deke anyone or beat a defender one on one, doesn't throw the body constantly like he used to, etc.

Reactions: ItsBennGreat

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Why does everyone assume it has to go to someone else.
Just rip it off and him and tell everyone else nobody deserves it.

Reactions: The Tourist

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I’m not just talking about this year. Who would you give it to next year. I also think it gives more of a statement if you do strip it and immediately give it to someone else.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m not just talking about this year. Who would you give it to next year. I also think it gives more of a statement if you do strip it and immediately give it to someone else.
I would make a point of giving it to someone who isn’t on the roster now.

I do so because I don’t think the C matters all that much. Guys don’t need letters to be leaders, so if this team has a leadership problem, it goes beyond the C and As.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
What really sucks is Benn is probably only going to get worse. With his injury history, never being a great skater, and just the type of physical game he used to play it is only going to slow him down more and we are stuck with him making superstar money for many more years.

If we weren't already rotating four guys wearing an 'A' I would just strip Benn of the 'C' and then roll with three A's for the rest of the season and then in the offseason settle on a new captain. The problem is you can't really rotate Spezza, Radulov, Seguin, and Klingberg in that scenario.

I do get the sense that Monty is sick of Benn and when speaking about mediocrity and not being ready to play he's talking about Benn without saying his name.

Benn is my favorite player in the league (or was) and has been for years so this isn't me piling on some plug that I can't stand. He's simply lazy and not good right now. I don't know if he's not good because he doesn't play hard or if he's simply not that good anymore. It's hard to tell if his skills have deteriorated because he never goes hard enough out there to know what the issue is. Go watch a highlight video from 3-4 years ago and you would think it was from a decade ago and we were comparing a guy when he was 25 to now being 35 and almost at retirement age. Lazy passes, floating, refusing to shoot, never see him try to deke anyone or beat a defender one on one, doesn't throw the body constantly like he used to, etc.
He often looks like he is trying to play as if he is an elite skill guy and he just isnt. I mean he always tried that stuff and it used to work more often probably because there was also a threat of him just going through you. He doesn't seem to want to go through guys anymore. Its very telling that each of the last several years there have been months where people just assume he is playing through a bad injury.

Reactions: ItsBennGreat

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC

'

^^^ I think something is going on between the ears and it's mental. Outside of the injuries sustained from this season and the ongoing grind of the past ones that were "resolved" with surgery, I don't think we'll ever see 2016 Jamie again. I have seen those games, watched those highlight videos and it's like a completely different player - summed up in the quoted post.
I do definitely think he's playing through an injury, whether we can see it or not, something is up with him.

What is frustrating to me as a fan is that , how does this get helped? Does he try and fix his attitude or whatever is bothering him with a training? I don't think it's the team causing him to have this weird lethargic attitude, because I don't see it at practice, it's always during the game. Like he just phones it in at best and that's it. He's mentally shutting down, gets his pocket picked, turns the puck over, etc. I don't understand it and I think he's too stubborn and prideful to ask for help for whatever reason.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
'

^^^ I think something is going on between the ears and it's mental. Outside of the injuries sustained from this season and the ongoing grind of the past ones that were "resolved" with surgery, I don't think we'll ever see 2016 Jamie again. I have seen those games, watched those highlight videos and it's like a completely different player - summed up in the quoted post.
I do definitely think he's playing through an injury, whether we can see it or not, something is up with him.

What is frustrating to me as a fan is that , how does this get helped? Does he try and fix his attitude or whatever is bothering him with a training? I don't think it's the team causing him to have this weird lethargic attitude, because I don't see it at practice, it's always during the game. Like he just phones it in at best and that's it. He's mentally shutting down, gets his pocket picked, turns the puck over, etc. I don't understand it and I think he's too stubborn and prideful to ask for help for whatever reason.
Admittedly its little more than a guess but he comes off as a guy whos got a my shit dont stink attitude

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
And Nichuskin was one the the teams best players tonight . Ok not that hard because almost nobody showed up but Nichuskin did albeit again couldn't do anything.
If he could just get that shot down... two games ago he took one of the worst shots I’ve ever seen an nhl player make from the circles. Looked like he only missed by about 3-4 ft lmao

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Benn and Tarasenko are pretty comparable situations and the Blues are looking at all options.

They've both had everything around them changed and still aren't getting it done.

Tarasenko is the better player though. More than likely that STL knows that too.
Nothing, Tarasenko has never been mentioned as a trade piece and the team has control at low cost. St. Louis has played less games than everyone and sit 5 points out of wildcard number 2, with a game in hand.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nothing, Tarasenko has never been mentioned as a trade piece and the team has control at low cost. St. Louis has played less games than everyone and sit 5 points out of wildcard number 2, with a game in hand.

I believe Friedman reported the Blues were looking at possibly trading Tarasenko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad