GDT: [#46] St. Louis Blues at Dallas Stars, 8:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Then again, perhaps GM Armstrong would like to have Benn back and would do the swap.
Doug Armstrong was never GM during any point of Benns career.
Unless you think he somehow cared deeply about a 5th round pick that he had for a total of 5months before being fired of course

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Doug Armstrong was never GM during any point of Benns career.
Unless you think he somehow cared deeply about a 5th round pick that he had for a total of 5months before being fired of course

He was GM for the 2007 draft

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
The best part of this?

We know Gaglardi is just as pissed as we are and is probably pretty close to forcing something.

I could care less what he knows about hockey too. We're starting to find out our front office doesn't really know shit either.

Reactions: joshik

wsg89

Jan 12, 2019
Hi guys. Old guy here, been following stars for decades. I never post, probably never will again. Just want to say a couple of things.
This Stars team is the WORST passing team I've ever seen. They can't break out of their zone to save their lives.
Do they keep stats for turnovers? Dallas Stars would be #1.
Monty is probably the first of 5 coaches in the next 3 seasons.
Ben Bishop averages one soft goal a game even when the stars win 1-0, and he should NEVER handle the puck behind the net.
Icing the puck seems to be the only thing the team as a group, is good at.
Razor used to be funny, now he's an idiot. I don't know how the Stars are always more tired than every other NHL team on the second of a back to back,
and how every routine save Bishop makes is "scintillating".
I could go on all night, but i will stop now. Did I mention they should repossess Bishop's Vezina and give it to his defense?

I'll see myself out...

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He was GM for the 2007 draft
and how involved do you really think he was in a 5th round pick that was only under his management for 5months, or the decision to draft said player IIRC that was Burnhadt who went to bat for benn,

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Hi guys. Old guy here, been following stars for decades. I never post, probably never will again. Just want to say a couple of things.
This Stars team is the WORST passing team I've ever seen. They can't break out of their zone to save their lives.
Ben Bishop averages one soft goal a game even when the stars win 1-0, and he should NEVER handle the puck behind the net.
Razor used to be funny, now he's an idiot. I don't know how the Stars are always more tired than every other NHL team on the second of a back to back,
I could go on all night, but i will stop now. Did I mention they should repossess Bishop's Vezina and give it to his defense?

I'll see myself out...
I will give you my first like old man

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic

I'll see myself out...
And I would like to see you around there to hear your opinions

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
and how involved do you really think he was in a 5th round pick that was only under his management for 5months, or the decision to draft said player IIRC that was Burnhadt who went to bat for benn,
Just stating facts

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Lol at NHL.com only having Benn with three giveaways. I saw him give the puck away twice in the same shift in the defensive zone two different times. And he had at least two more in the offensive zone I can remember. I'm gonna go out on a limb that there were more.

It shows you can take the GA/TA stats with a grain of salt.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The funny part is they didn't even lose any ground because literally every team close behind us had a bad loss too. Seriously how is the West is terrible this year ?

wsg89

Jan 12, 2019
Benn is the king of the no-look back hand pass turnover, and the plain old backhand pass turnover, for that matter.

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I'm pretty sure it was Friedman that said Stars have been un-happy with Benn since last year.

Lites got too much flack for calling out Benn and Seguin.

It's more about production. This team has 0 leadership and no motivation.

I can't take this team seriously until we have a real captain.

Reactions: mc3488

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'm pretty sure it was Friedman that said Stars have been un-happy with Benn since last year.

Lites got too much flack for calling out Benn and Seguin.

It's more about production. This team has 0 leadership and no motivation.

I can't take this team seriously until we have a real captain.

He leads the team in goals

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If Monty truly wants to shed the mediocrity, he’ll grow a pair and bench his captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad