Post-Game Talk: #46 | FLYERS (A) vs. Rangers (H) | Thursday, Apr. 22, 2021 | Flyers win 3-2

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I'm an idiot and thought there was actually some Rangers fan from NJ who attended the game and was wondering why the hell he would be named second star of the game

It goes back to when we did a Bingo board. Opposing team announcers would use similar notes. "Philly cheesesteak, " "city of brotherly love," "grew up a Rangers' fan in New Jersey..." and we would check off the references each GDT.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Wait what

Why is MSE celebrating like we won

train-crash.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Starat327 @Beef Invictus

For when it's posted that Hagg had another good game...

Sanheim + Hagg
55.56 CF%
80.25 xGF%

Hagg without Sanheim
50.00 CF%
37.00 xGF%

The trash is getting carried so hard :laugh:

My favorite was when he tried the Ghost move, immediately fell over and turned over the puck, and would have allowed an odd-man against if NYR didn't have a delayed call

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My favorite was when he tried the Ghost move, immediately fell over and turned over the puck, and would have allowed an odd-man against if NYR didn't have a delayed call
My favorite is how every time he touched the puck in the defensive zone, he immediately swung at it, like a toddler playing t-ball for the first time, and gave it away.

Somehow, Myers managed to one-up him in that department though. Truly awful stuff from both of them.

Outdated fans, media, and coaches always hyper-focus on physicality and stuff like that when talking about defensemen, while puck moving is so much more important and has a massive impact on every aspect of the game. It’s vital in both preventing and creating goals, which is a big part of why this teams sucked in all 3 zones this year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My favorite is how every time he touched the puck in the defensive zone, he immediately swung at it, like a toddler playing t-ball for the first time, and gave it away.

Somehow, Myers managed to one-up him in that department though. Truly awful stuff from both of them.

Outdated fans, media, and coaches always hyper-focus on physicality and stuff like that when talking about defensemen, while puck moving is so much more important and has a massive impact on every aspect of the game. It’s vital in both preventing and creating goals, which is a big part of why this teams sucked in all 3 zones this year.

Myers zone exit "strategy" is really dreadful and it's not something tied to the coaching, it's just what he does. If he doesn't get a lot better at it, then he could be so detrimental in that category alone that he becomes non-viable.

Reactions: Striiker

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Yeah, you Authentic Fans have a great eye for these things. :laugh:

I watched Provorov just have a pretty darn good game. Am I crazy and seeing (or not seeing) things? Outside of his robotic blah-ness on the PP, I thought he played soundly without anything glaring standing out.

You said Ghost had a very good game and don't mention Provorov, but we all saw a couple of those turnovers from Ghost (the one on the PP in our own zone was especially awful) and I don't recall ever saying outloud "what a horrible turnover" from Provorov as I am used to saying about players like Hagg and what we saw from Ghost. Everyone has turnovers and I don't expect perfection by any means, but I do expect tape to tape passes and I don't ever want to see turnovers like we saw from him on the PP.

I'm not nitpicking Ghost. I think overall he had a good game but consider Provorov's to have been better (outside of the 2 points). No clue what the advanced stats say, so feel free to post them if you want.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
@Starat327 @Beef Invictus

For when it's posted that Hagg had another good game...

Sanheim + Hagg
55.56 CF%
80.25 xGF%

Hagg without Sanheim
50.00 CF%
37.00 xGF%

The trash is getting carried so hard :laugh:

Of course, Hagg without Sanheim was basically 2:55 with Myers.
Myers with Ghost CF 36.84%, xGF 16.94%
Myers with Hagg CF 40.00%, xGF 20.09%

Last edited by a moderator:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Until Couts line finally got a wake up call in the 3rd period, Farabee - Hayes - Allison was the only line that showed up the first two periods.

The two lines that struggled were the JVR - Laughton - TK line, but we know Laughton isn't a 3C.
However, Lindblom - Patrick - NAK were bad and shouldn't be.

There's a reason Hagg is playing ahead of Myers, he's played 7 of the last 10 games, and carried both Sanheim and Ghost
Hagg CF 58.25%, xGF 61.92%
Sanheim CF 56.76%, xGF 59.01%
Ghost CF 55.52%, xGF 52.40%

Myers 48.31%, xGF 43.93%
Morin 48.65%, xGF 44.84%

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Behind the sign.
I'll admit that I did search for it, then assumed that it was the distant rise above the horizon on the left hand side. I wasn't even going to question you about it this time!

I just want this season to be over. Nice win...even though I was certain they'd blow it when it got to 3-2. As predictable as the sunrise, they'll have a late season surge to wreck their chances at a better draft pick.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
These PGT are pathetic now.

My favourite player played better than your favourite player.

Onto the game at least. Allison was everywhere! Seemed to have chance after chance. Such a great sign. We could be looking at a really good player here and he's totally flown under the radar because of injuries.

He looks like that net front presence role is his to keep. Hopefully he can learn everything he can from JVR before he's shipped to the Kraken

Last edited by a moderator:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
It's a shame that Laczynski, Frost, Hart or even Ustimenko are unfit to play right now. Would be a perfect no pressure fun stage for them right now.

Hopefully York, Zamula or Högberg are at least getting a couple of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad