Post-Game Talk: #45| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | April 18th | 6:30 PM | F/OTW 1-0

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Mayfield was PERSONALLY responsible for both goals in the loss on Friday and should get the day off. Dobson had his normal growing pains but was really no worse than Leddy was last game. Greene is too steady to be punished as the culprit

Trotz HAS to figure out how to solve that Leddy/Mayfield line that has been our sore spot on the blue line all season. They are both now at negative +/- for the season while everyone else is +5 (Dobson) or better.
How is one not personally responsible for a goal?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Not a chance it's Mayfield. Barry loves him. Almost as solid a bond as @Strummergas and @Tres Peleches.. :sarcasm:

It's Dobson or a break for Green, but my money would be on Dobson. Partly because he seemed to struggle Friday night, and maybe from the hit he took. An extra day or 2 of rest?
Ordinarily it would seem that way. But Trotz publicly called out Mayfield (rare for Barry) for defensive mistakes leading to consecutive goals. If someone has to sit, i think it's Mayfield, especially when it's for another defensive dman.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I'm thinking Mayfield. I still want Dobson out there on the power play.
The PK is also important and Mayfield leads the team in this area! (in terms of ice time). I would be very surprised if Trotz takes Mayfield out of the line-up unless he's injured.

Reactions: MJF

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Cheer man, my apologies as well. And thanks for realizing I was trying to extend an olive branch before today's game. Seemingly we cared more about the team's effort on Friday than the damn team did, and let it get the better of us!

And yes, if I thought you were a garbage poster I wouldn't have even made the effort. :5:
Cheers. If we ever meet at a game I’ll buy you an adult beverage

LGI

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Good luck puck is out.

Give yourself an extra toke or beverage if ya got a couple of these around..

CF839086-64AC-4AA9-BAD5-B47DD14D5412.jpeg

Reactions: Throttle

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Hey, Palms and Travis the Islanders need to take down the Flyers tonight. No more slipping. Score a couple for the team and tell Greene to defend. Islanders need this win.

Go Islanders

Reactions: SI90

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Caps and Pens losers in regulation today.
Rags win.
We need to take advantage and start the stretch run.
Blow out and begin a winning streak.
LGI

Last edited:
Reactions: SI90

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Boston and the Ranjerks are gaining ground with multiple wins in a row.....

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Night shift means live Isles hockey for me. Time to snap this streak and start another. Lets Fckn GO!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Rumor has it that Trotz tried to scratch Mayfield for tonight’s game, but he kept icing the puck in morning skate and now he’s stuck out there on the ice. Looks like he’ll have to stay in.
Well done. Post of the night and the game hasn’t even started!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad