#45 KINGS vs BRUINS 4-2 regulation WIN

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Team was down at the time and he was showing emotion. If it was a king player who was pissed like that I would definitely be ok with it.

OK with taking a swipe at another's guy's head with the stick? When the play is 20 feet ahead?

Marchand's lucky there was no injury on the play.

Granato got suspended for less.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Marchand should be thankful his hand came off his stick. He's a cocky son of a ***** with an ego the size of Boston and not much intelligence.

Captain Mittens*

Marchand should be thankful that he doesn't have a tail

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Well, to be fair, they thought they were getting an all-star puck-moving offensive defenseman they thought could lead the attack from the back end.

As for what Greene is OK with - if his wife wants the $$$ to keep rolling in, she'll get used to the idea of moving elsewhere for a few years.
That said, I can see us offering Green 1 more year while we ease Bodnarchuk in, and wait for Gravel to move up.

I don't think Bodnarchuk has the size to replace Greene, but Gravel does. I'm pretty sure if the Kings don't bring Mitchell and/or Greene back that Dean will be looking to the UFA market to add a big stay-at-home defenseman. I really doubt that Bodnarchuk ever sees much, if any, time in LA unless Martinez is traded.

I could see Dean offering both Mitchell and Greene 1 and 2 year deals respectively at decent money.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
The team has lost its way out of the #1 Pacific spot, but I would like to see the Kings bounce back and get the #2 spot and home ice that comes with. We'll need it.

Particularly vs. the Sharks. Home ice will be C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L in the playoffs vs. them and please God have the Blues face Chicago and beat them in an early round.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can someone make a gif of Cliffy dropping the gloves from last nights fight? I found it kind of funny how he did it.

Me too--rewound that part several times :laugh: He looked around a little then looked back and Mighty-Ducks'ed it

I thought the Kings made Chara and Rask look downright pedestrian last night. Perennial Norris candidate Chara was on the ice for two goals against and got badly stripped by Dwight King for another chance. Vezina candidate Rask got cleanly beat twice and dropped big rebounds for a whole period.

Funny how one night the Kings put on a bunch of shots, control the game, and the board goes crazy about how much they suck and the next night the Kings put on a bunch of shots, control the game, and now the Kings style bothers nobody.

I thought it was fantastic watching that first line really go at Chara. Usually players take a wide path away from him but our size really helped out in not just taking away that advantage but giving it to us.

And as far as the style, think about the opponent. We played functionally the same game vs. a beat up Wild team as we did vs. a stacked Bruins team. I think that is the problem everyone has--we don't win quite a few of the games we 'should.'

Marchand should be thankful his hand came off his stick. He's a cocky son of a ***** with an ego the size of Boston and not much intelligence.

In retrospect it wasn't a big deal to me in effect but it was in intent. He's lucky he both took his hand off his stick AND missed with the punch because it would be a whole different ballgame otherwise (especially with player safety's inaccurate focus on "results"). Since Stoll wasn't hurt or really contacted hard by either thing, meh, whatever.

Marchand is getting the Dustin Brown treatment on the main board, though :P

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I've said it before, trade Greene and keep Amart. Trade Greene in a package for help on LW.

There is zero chance DL will do that...he wants that insurance in case someone on the blueline goes down. We will probably just lose Greene.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
You don't trade Greene, he's the perfect injury fill in for the playoff charge. You just don't resign him during the summer.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
So what you're saying is there's a good possibility we could go
11-9-2 vs West
12-3-0 vs East

If things hold to form, sure. That would give them a total of 107 points, third in the Pacific, sixth or so in the West. And a great chance of getting bounced in the first three rounds :)

KingKopitar11*

Random but I hope Voynov gets his **** together soon, his offense has been nearly nonexistent.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
We're spoiled!

Funny that's what I was thinking. I have been watching this team since the mid 70's so with a team this good ( finally) I just sit back and enjoy for the most part. Think of what this site would have been like if it was around all those years of truly sucking.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
If things hold to form, sure. That would give them a total of 107 points, third in the Pacific, sixth or so in the West. And a great chance of getting bounced in the first three rounds :)

There is a good chance for any team in the west to "get bounced" in the first three weeks. With Stl, Chi, San Jose, the clucks, and us anyone can beat anyone of those five teams as all are very good. The only thing that would surprise me is if one of those five teams does not win the cup this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad