#45 KINGS vs BRUINS 4-2 regulation WIN

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So they score four goals against a good defensive team?

What will the bridge jumpers whine about tonight? I thought the Kings were hopeless!

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
****in a what a good game! i wish they would play this way against everyone and not just against good teams

Jeff L

May 28, 2012
Massachusetts
Hey fellas, Bruins fan coming in peace. Good game tonight! I can't believe how good Quick is coming off of his injury. Guy doesn't miss a beat.

I came here mostly to pick your brains about the little Marchand/Stoll incident. I don't blame you guys if you're pissed, but I think we can all agree that worse has happened. So, what did you guys think? I usually roll my eyes whenever people get all up in arms about stuff that Marchand does (I'm not defending the face punch/slash, by the way), and, actually, I feel the same way about Dustin Brown and his occasional slip-ups. People really overreact to any penalty those two guys in particular take, if you ask me. Curious to see how you guys feel. If this isn't the appropriate place to discuss it, sorry about that.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Hey fellas, Bruins fan coming in peace. Good game tonight! I can't believe how good Quick is coming off of his injury. Guy doesn't miss a beat.

I came here mostly to pick your brains about the little Marchand/Stoll incident. I don't blame you guys if you're pissed, but I think we can all agree that worse has happened. So, what did you guys think? I usually roll my eyes whenever people get all up in arms about stuff that Marchand does (I'm not defending the face punch/slash, by the way), and, actually, I feel the same way about Dustin Brown and his occasional slip-ups. People really overreact to any penalty those two guys in particular take, if you ask me. Curious to see how you guys feel. If this isn't the appropriate place to discuss it, sorry about that.

I'm more annoyed by your "coming in peace" crap than I am about Marchand's punch.:)

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, it was a cheap shot, but like you've said, we've seen much worse. Not a big deal imo.

Hope to see you guys in the SCF!

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
So they score four goals against a good defensive team?

What will the bridge jumpers whine about tonight? I thought the Kings were hopeless!

The Bruins are in the Eastern Conference. I'm not sure much more needs to be said.

Considering when I read your post and thought to myself "what incident?," I can't imagine it matters much.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden

At first it looked like an intentional slash to the face which obviously would have been a deplorable action coming from any player. But in another camera angle it looked like a punch while carelessly handling the stick, which is no big deal. He got 2 minutes which probably was about right, no need to make a big fuzz about it. Looked like the players moved on too, had it been an intentional slash I think we would have seen more of a reaction on ice.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The team has lost its way out of the #1 Pacific spot, but I would like to see the Kings bounce back and get the #2 spot and home ice that comes with. We'll need it.

The Ducks will have to play pretty average hockey the remaining 40 for us or the sharks to catch them. They trailed off the final 20 games last year so I don't think its out of reach yet. But I do think 2nd place will be the spot we want to be in, just for home ice in the first round.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The initial replay made it look worse than it actually was. It was still a punch, and I can't really figure out why he did it or what the point was. For someone with a suspension history it seems kinda dumb to be throwing gloved punches at guys, anything could happen if/when they land.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Honestly, at this point, I'm not going to get excited about that. I think they'd trade Martinez when the chance came along, which makes no sense, but it is what it is.

People wail a bit whenever its brought up, but as I see it Greene's last couple seasons here have really posed the question if he's even needed going forward.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

I thought it was a bit reckless, just the way he swung hit stick around as Stoll way trailing behind. Still not sure why he did it, did Stoll do something right before? He could've gotten 5 if the refs really wanted to be dicks. The call was made, and that was enough.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
People wail a bit whenever its brought up, but as I see it Greene's last couple seasons here have really posed the question if he's even needed going forward.

The way I see it, we can't give a guy with a chronically injured back a contract extension. We only have so much cap room and we need to fill it with players who can play. We're fine defensively, that extra puck mover in the lineup gives us a chance to turn the screw and keep the tempo high.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
The way I see it, we can't give a guy with a chronically injured back a contract extension. We only have so much cap room and we need to fill it with players who can play. We're fine defensively, that extra puck mover in the lineup gives us a chance to turn the screw and keep the tempo high.

Actually, the fact that Greene has had a significant injury the past two seasons, makes him that much more attractive to Lombardi, as he can maybe sway Greene to sign for a lot less.

I doubt Greene will accept a low ball offer, but I don't see Greene getting a big payday like I thought he would prior to his second injury.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Kings scored 4 goals

tumblr_inline_mw7rzqhyxL1qgp297.gif

Is Ramsey our new good luck charm? I think so.

1346213759531.gif

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Actually, the fact that Greene has had a significant injury the past two seasons, makes him that much more attractive to Lombardi, as he can maybe sway Greene to sign for a lot less.

I doubt Greene will accept a low ball offer, but I don't see Greene getting a big payday like I thought he would prior to his second injury.

Will he be happy in that role though? I think as things stand now he should be firmly slotted in as our #7. There are also no shortage of GM's out there to give out silly contracts to defensive defensemen. All it takes is one to think he has a lot left to give, and 3-4 million a year later...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I doubt Greene moves out of California, pretty sure his wife is from LA .

She is not going to move to some ice berg in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad