#45 KINGS vs BRUINS 4-2 regulation WIN

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Money talks.

A team like EDM could use a guy like Greene, and they have money to spend.

He will get offers from teams that are not dead ends like EDM. No one wants to play in that place. Its only a matter if time before Hall asks for a trade, then that team is truly done.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Matt Greene grew up in Michigan, went to college in North Dakota and played in Edmonton.

I doubt he has any problem with the cold.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Matt Greene grew up in Michigan, went to college in North Dakota and played in Edmonton.

I doubt he has any problem with the cold.

You married herby ? Doesn't matter what Greene is ok with.

EDM is also the organization that didn't believe Greene would develop into an NHL defender.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita

EDM is also the organization that didn't believe Greene would develop into an NHL defender.

Well, to be fair, they thought they were getting an all-star puck-moving offensive defenseman they thought could lead the attack from the back end.

As for what Greene is OK with - if his wife wants the $$$ to keep rolling in, she'll get used to the idea of moving elsewhere for a few years.
That said, I can see us offering Green 1 more year while we ease Bodnarchuk in, and wait for Gravel to move up.

Ewan McGregor*

Greene isn't exactly wealthy compared to other NHLers and this could be his last contract.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I'd be shocked if la moves Greene. Big glue guy for this team. I bet they let Mitchell walk and sign Greene to a three year deal at a reasonable cost. Forbort and bodnarchuck are not too far off. Gravel is in the system too.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Greene was solid as a rock throughout the Cup run and I think he's one of the reasons why their PK was tops in the league during that time. I think the time off with injuries over the past two seasons has slowed him down a bit, but seeing how Mitchell took a while to get back to form, and same with Regehr, I would think that Greene, who is younger than those two, could get back to being the tough bruising, net clearing defenseman we are used to seeing.

Nobody on this team cleans out the front of the net as well as Greene does. But of late, his game has struggled and I'm glad Sutter had the sense to reinsert Martinez into the lineup. His mobility opposite of Regehr has really helped give the Kings three balanced defense pairings.

Brown is also slowly getting back to the level of play that is expected of him, and Stoll has been playing great of late. The Richards line once again generated a lot of chances but just couldn't finish on any of them. I really like the energy we saw from the fourth line as well. Lewis has proven to me that he's not cut out to be a center. The guy is better suited playing RW and Fraser is a much better fit centering the fourth line (though I much prefer Vey in that position).

At this point nothing more really needs to be said about Kopitar's line. Shutting down the opponents top players on a nightly basis and producing goals. Jeff Carter is going to give other teams nightmares when he's flying down the wing during the Olympics.

Oh yeah, that Quick guy in net? He's pretty good.

KingKopitar11*

People wail a bit whenever its brought up, but as I see it Greene's last couple seasons here have really posed the question if he's even needed going forward.

I've said it before, trade Greene and keep Amart. Trade Greene in a package for help on LW.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I came here to say that Jarret Stoll has been playing some really good hockey lately. The Brown-Williams line has revitalized him.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Can someone make a gif of Cliffy dropping the gloves from last nights fight? I found it kind of funny how he did it.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I thought the Kings made Chara and Rask look downright pedestrian last night. Perennial Norris candidate Chara was on the ice for two goals against and got badly stripped by Dwight King for another chance. Vezina candidate Rask got cleanly beat twice and dropped big rebounds for a whole period.

Funny how one night the Kings put on a bunch of shots, control the game, and the board goes crazy about how much they suck and the next night the Kings put on a bunch of shots, control the game, and now the Kings style bothers nobody.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I thought Ricards' line was better last night. Would have liked to see them get on the score sheet though.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey fellas, Bruins fan coming in peace. Good game tonight! I can't believe how good Quick is coming off of his injury. Guy doesn't miss a beat.

I came here mostly to pick your brains about the little Marchand/Stoll incident. I don't blame you guys if you're pissed, but I think we can all agree that worse has happened. So, what did you guys think? I usually roll my eyes whenever people get all up in arms about stuff that Marchand does (I'm not defending the face punch/slash, by the way), and, actually, I feel the same way about Dustin Brown and his occasional slip-ups. People really overreact to any penalty those two guys in particular take, if you ask me. Curious to see how you guys feel. If this isn't the appropriate place to discuss it, sorry about that.

Team was down at the time and he was showing emotion. If it was a king player who was pissed like that I would definitely be ok with it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'd be shocked if la moves Greene. Big glue guy for this team. I bet they let Mitchell walk and sign Greene to a three year deal at a reasonable cost. Forbort and bodnarchuck are not too far off. Gravel is in the system too.

I am worried Mitchell is going to walk. I want him back over greene easily.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Kings vs. West: 14-11-3 (.554)
Kings vs. East: 13-2-2 (.824)

Remaining games vs. West: 22
Remaining games vs. East: 15

Break it down even further...

Kings vs. Pacific:
9-3-1(2-1 SO)
38 non-SO goals for, 2.92 goals per game
25 non-SO goals against, 1.92 goals per game

Kings vs. Central:
5-8-2(3-1 SO)
27 non-SO goals for, 1.80 goals per game
40 non-SO goals against, 2.67 goals per game

Kings vs. Atlantic:
8-1-1(0-1 SO)
35 non-SO goals for, 3.50 goals per game
17 non-SO goals against, 1.70 goals per game

Kings vs. Metro:
5-1-1(1-0 SO)
12 non-SO goals for, 1.71 goals per game
8 non-SO goals against, 1.14 goals per game

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Break it down even further...

Kings vs. Pacific:
9-3-1(2-1 SO)
38 non-SO goals for, 2.92 goals per game
25 non-SO goals against, 1.92 goals per game

Kings vs. Central:
5-8-2(3-1 SO)
27 non-SO goals for, 1.80 goals per game
40 non-SO goals against, 2.67 goals per game

Kings vs. Atlantic:
8-1-1(0-1 SO)
35 non-SO goals for, 3.50 goals per game
17 non-SO goals against, 1.70 goals per game

Kings vs. Metro:
5-1-1(1-0 SO)
12 non-SO goals for, 1.71 goals per game
8 non-SO goals against, 1.14 goals per game

Man we suck against the central. Hopefully this is a problem we won't have to worry about till round three.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00