GDT: #45 - 01/27/15 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 - MSG (MOD warning #38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
You guys take these Islanders games way to seriously. So they have our number this year, its not the end of the world. What was it 2011 when we rolled the Devils in the regular season and then got ousted by them handily come playoffs time. **** happens. Plenty of games to be played.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
There's time to figure it out but you don't find it even a little alarming that we can't beat a team we're almost guaranteed to play at some point?

Who's knocking out the Islanders? They're like a million and two against the Metro.

Then they can get the one and lose to an Atlantic team. :laugh:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
AV has made us soft

You're not wrong, but I don't agree completely either.

You don't have to play like the Broad Street Bullies to play with intensity.

Everyone on the team has post ASG weekend hangovers. It's miraculous that the Islanders don't look like they do, though. It's up to the coach to get his players ready for the game.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Take the loss. It sucks, but it means nothing right now. We still have HALF of a season to play. Lots of hockey left to play. The Islanders deserve this win and this season for how well they have played.

Nothing matters until April...

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
If I was an Isles fan, I would feel pretty good about my team.

Been so long since they were viable, I'm having trouble getting used to it now.

McWeaselnubs

Jun 8, 2014
CT
They haven't won a playoff series since 1993. This is like a playoff win to them. Let them have their fun, plus about 50% of these fans weren't here last year or the year before that or the year before that etc...

That last little bit of your post is what irks me the most.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Islanders and Tampa can compete with our speed. That is why they give us trouble. If they neutralize our speed we become useless.

****ing bingo.

If your team can skate, it's pretty easy to beat an AV team.

Thankfully, the Rangers can outskate most teams in the NHL so it's not that apparent until we play a TB or a 2014-2015 version of the Islanders.

Is what it is.

Adjustments need to be made.

Also, some semblance of puck luck in our favor would be nice.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Islanders have our number. Lightning have our number. Bruins have our number.

Just hope we dont see any of them in the post season.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm on board with Raspewtin: Rangers have been the better team since the 1st, but the Isles got two ridiculous bounces and Halak turned into Roy.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
There's time to figure it out but you don't find it even a little alarming that we can't beat a team we're almost guaranteed to play at some point?

Who's knocking out the Islanders? They're like a million and two against the Metro.

Like I said, lots of time left. IF Rangers keep pressure on in future games and don't give them the entire 24 hours of the day in the defensive zone things will be better. If Pittsburgh removes their heads from their bottoms they'll be trouble for them too.

Or the sky is falling and this is game 7 of the SCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad