GDT: #45 - 01/27/15 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 - MSG (MOD warning #38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #45 - 01/27/2015

vs
NYR: 27-13-4__________NYI: 31-14-1

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | NASSAU COLISEUM - UNIONDALE, NY TV | MSG, TVA, SN-O, SN-P, MSG PLUS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYI@NYR 1/13/15 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - ISLANDERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

JANUARY SCHEDULE:

januaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It was a tough game. I think the biggest part was to mentally challenge it the right way here.
We know it’s an important game but coming off two big wins on the road, you might have a letdown.
It felt like half the game it was tough for us to really get going. But we had a good feeling in the room going into the third.
We talked about not losing this game and really leaving everything out there. I thought we played really well in the third and got ourselves some chances.
- Henrik Lundqvist

It feels like everyone else is winning. You can’t drop a game like that, can’t lose a close one. That was huge for us.
Every time you look at the scoreboard, it’s like people in our division are winning so you have to keep pace.
- Chris Kreider

We’ll take the two points and go on to the break, re-energize and come back for a tough second half.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK ISLANDERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 46 | GF | 151
W | 31 | GA | 129
L | 14 | GF/G | 3.15
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 2.78
Pts | 63 | PIM/G | 9.0
HOME | 16-4-0 | PP% | 19.2
AWAY | 15-10-1 | PK% | 74.4
L10 | 7-3-0 | FO% | 48.5
STREAK | W1 | S/O | 6-1

Division | 1st
Conference | 2nd
League | 4th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | John Tavares | 21 Assists | Kyle Okposo | 24 Points | John Tavares | 45 + / - | Ryan Strome | +16 Shots | Kyle Okposo | 154 Hits | Matt Martin | 218 Blocks | Calvin de Haan | 86 PIM | Travis Hamonic | 60 FO% | John Tavares | 51.7 TOI/G F: | John Tavares | 20:22 TOI/G D: | Johnny Boychuk | 21:50

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Josh Bailey | John Tavares (C) | Mikhail Grabovski
Anders Lee | Frans Nielsen (A) | Ryan Strome
Michael Grabner | Brock Nelson | Nikolay Kulemin
Matt Martin (A) | Casey Cizikas | Cal Clutterbuck

LD | RD
Calvin de Haan | Travis Hamonic
Nick Leddy | Johnny Boychuk
Thomas Hickey | Brian Strait

Scratched
Lubomir Visnovsky|
Eric Boulton|
Matt Donovan|

STARTING GOALIE:

Halak-Jaroslav.jpg

Jaroslav Halak

GPI: 34 | W: 25 | L: 9 | OT: 0 | PIM: 2
SV% .910 | GAA: 2.41 | SA: 914 | GA: 82 | SO: 4

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Kyle Okposo | Upper body (IR)
Matt Carkner | Back (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 44 | GF | 134
W | 27 | GA | 106
L | 13 | GF/G | 3.00
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.32
Pts | 58 | PIM/G | 9.2
HOME | 14-6-3 | PP% | 19.3
AWAY | 13-7-1 | PK% | 82.4
L10 | 8-2-0 | FO% | 46.6
STREAK | W3 | S/O | 2-4

Division | 3rd
Conference | 6th
League | 11th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 28 Assists | Derek Stepan | 24 Points | Rick Nash | 43 + / - | Rick Nash | +18 Shots | Rick Nash | 162 Hits | Dan Girardi | 120 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 97 PIM | Chris Kreider | 73 FO% | Dominic Moore | 55.0 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:12 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 23:27

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider? | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Jesper Fast
J.T. Miller | Dominic Moore | Lee Stempniak

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Boyle
Matt Hunwick | Kevin Klein

Scratched
John Moore|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 35 | W: 23 | L: 9 | OT: 3 | PIM: 0
SV% .921 | GAA: 2.25 | SA: 987 | GA: 78 | SO: 5

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Tanner Glass | Upper body (DTD)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Nice to be back from the (admittedly short) break, please win this one guys :D (provided the weather allows the game to be played).

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
well this snowstorm was the most overhyped thing of 2015 thus far

NYRangerFan*

These idiot news people love to say the word blizzard. Shut down the entire city for no reason at all. ****ing embarassing

NYRangerFan*

Because lots of idiots eat it up and freak out about the snow. Last year there was twice as much snow and they didn't shut down one bus or train and no travel ban. What a shame they turn NY to a kindergarten

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Storm is a BUST, got to be playing tn.

These idiot news people love to say the word blizzard. Shut down the entire city for no reason at all. ****ing embarassing

It's not even supposed to stop snowing until midnight Wednesday, let's wait and see what we have here.

Yes the news people act like every storm is the main event at Wrestlemania, during the apocalypse, during the revelation, followed by the Stanley Cup Finals, but there might still be good cause to call the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYRangerFan*

It's not even supposed to stop snowing until midnight Wednesday, let's wait and see what we have here.

Yes the news people act like every storm is the main event at Wrestlemania, during the apocalypse, during the revelation, followed by the Stanley Cup Finals, but there might still be good cause to call the game.

The storm is done in NYC. They freaked out about the wind and all you heard was 24-30 inches and it
was a gigantic overreaction because people will believe anything. I would like to get home instead of being stuck because they decided to panic for 7 inches of snow. Last year was worse and nothing was closed

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The storm is done in NYC. They freaked out about the wind and all you heard was 24-30 inches and it
was a gigantic overreaction because people will believe anything. I would like to get home instead of being stuck because they decided to panic for 7 inches of snow. Last year was worse and nothing was closed

It's like a typhoon with an eye. Every where getting blasted except NYC.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

You should love this...

Follow

Ian MendesVerified account
‏@ian_mendes
For the first time ever, if you search "Snow + New York + Disaster" it will have nothing to do with the Islanders.

NYRangerFan*

It's like a typhoon with an eye. Every where getting blasted except NYC.

So they should stop trying to control the city and let people live their lives. Why do we need to stay off the streets? Its ridiculous, people have **** to do

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
As a Norwegian, I'm very puzzcled a city would just fold when a bit of snow comes falling down. At least we'll have a game (probably)

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
I live right outside of the city in upstate NY and we were supposed to get 20"-24". I went outside around 5am and only noticed maybe 6 inches of snow, 7 at most where the wind blew the snow around.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think it's better to be over-prepared for minimal amounts of snow, than under-prepared for 2 feet.

I think that any mayor that shut down their respective towns and or cities (doing so with the advice of weather men that know more than they do) is ALWAYS the right decision.

I'd rather be wrong on the short side of the snow totals, then on the deeper totals

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
We're definitely having a game tonight. I only got like 6-7 inches (maybe a foot in some places because of the wind) here on the south shore, and I would imagine it can't be much worse further north by the Coliseum. I guess we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
I think it's better to be over-prepared for minimal amounts of snow, than under-prepared for 2 feet.

I think that any mayor that shut down their respective towns and or cities (doing so with the advice of weather men that know more than they do) is ALWAYS the right decision.

I'd rather be wrong on the short side of the snow totals, then on the deeper totals
oh, without question. Its not whoever is in charge's fault, its the advice he gets. He/they acted in the best interest of the city/cities based on what now appears to be faulty information. But if the information had been accurate, it could have been quite nasty if people were unprepared.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
As i predicted. The storm ended up being chump change compared to what the news was making it out to be. (or at least here in queens)

Now if we could just go out there and kill these clowns in their empty arena...

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
I live in Lynbrook and was watching the Fox News reports on the storm late last night. They had a correspondent in the parking lot of the Mausoleum and there were plows working through the night clearing out the lot. Looked to me that they were going to do everything possible to get the game in just in the case the predicted amount of snow did not turn up. That, and all the players being there already is making me lean towards guessing (hoping) that they're playing tonight.

News 12 saying that it looks like the NYC subway will be back to running this morning. Still waiting on news from LIRR. Gotta get this game in. Haven't seen a REAL NHL game in a week and I'm going nuts!!

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'm in Suffolk and easily have a few feet of snow here but in any case, the travel ban has been lifted in Nassau so it should be a go for tonight's game.

BarbaraAlphanse

Nassau isn't as bad as they were predicting it. I woke up early to shovel. Snow is dry and light. If they have crews cleaning the parking lot all day, and make sure those roads between Hempstead and Uniondale are safe... the game will be a go.

Based on those initial and then re-revised weather reports that estimated Nassau to get 2-3 feet. Nope not a chance this game was happening.

There may be a foot in Nassau, at the moment. May be.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I live in Lynbrook and was watching the Fox News reports on the storm late last night. They had a correspondent in the parking lot of the Mausoleum and there were plows working through the night clearing out the lot. Looked to me that they were going to do everything possible to get the game in just in the case the predicted amount of snow did not turn up. That, and all the players being there already is making me lean towards guessing (hoping) that they're playing tonight.

News 12 saying that it looks like the NYC subway will be back to running this morning. Still waiting on news from LIRR. Gotta get this game in. Haven't seen a REAL NHL game in a week and I'm going nuts!!

considering we didn't get even half of what was predicted, the game is pretty much 100% a go.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

I live there as well. Right by the middle school on Merrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad