Prospect Info: #44OA - Hurricanes Select C Jamieson Rees - Signed 12/30/20

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Hey folks,

Rees was one of the guys I wanted the Sharks to draft at 41 before they traded the pick away.

Love his speed and the way he plays reckless abandon. (Downside is higher chance of injury). He feels like a smaller yet faster version of Logan Couture.

He should definitely fit in with your play style and he projects to a 2C.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
From Brock:

"Honestly, an impossible player not to like as a scout. He works his ass off out there, but has way more skill than your average “pest.” He does everything well at a high tempo, including carrying the puck, and that should translate well to the next level. I do think that he'll need to prove that he can be a goal scorer by improving his shot. And I do think that he will also need to prove that his body can handle the way that he plays, as durability is a real concern. But guys like Rees do not grow on trees anymore. He is a throwback and a guy that could be a clutch playoff performer down the line. Just look at how his game elevated this year when faced with challenges (Hlinka-Gretzky, TPG, U18's). Someone has to like this guy enough to take him in the first round right?”

OHL Prospects: Final Media/Scout Poll for the 2019 NHL Draft
BAH GAWD THAT'S ROSEY'S MUSIC

FlakyIncomparableArieltoucan.gif

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Rees leads the OHL with 2.5 pts/GP. It is actually more if you consider his first game where he got ejected he only played 1 period.

Sarnia was 0-7 without Rees playing a full game and is now 5-0 with him back. And they have beaten some of the best teams in the OHL.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I think you have it backwards. Kev will be ecstatic if Rees turns out as good, or better than Robertson.

For sure. I do think it's neat that we've developed a rivalry between the two guys that is kinda specific to forum 26. It's also kinda crazy that they are so similar and even now, talent evaluators who watch them both regularly have a hard time choosing between them.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
For sure. I do think it's neat that we've developed a rivalry between the two guys that is kinda specific to forum 26. It's also kinda crazy that they are so similar and even now, talent evaluators who watch them both regularly have a hard time choosing between them.

in three years we'll be mad about both of em

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
in three years we'll be mad about both of em

One thing that I will say is that Robertson is way more necessary to Toronto's farm than Rees is to Carolina's. Remember, they had no 1st last year because of Muzzin and will also have no 1st next year because of yours truly. They need Robertson to be the projected 1st round talent that he was before his concussions in order to keep their farm above water.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
One thing that I will say is that Robertson is way more necessary to Toronto's farm than Rees is to Carolina's. Remember, they had no 1st last year because of Muzzin and will also have no 1st next year because of yours truly. They need Robertson to be the projected 1st round talent that he was before his concussions in order to keep their farm above water.

How did you get Toronto’s first?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad