Prospect Info: #44OA - Hurricanes Select C Jamieson Rees - Signed 12/30/20

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
5'10, 172 LHC
Played for Sarnia this past year

Missed early part of the season with a lacerated kidney but put up 10G 22A in 37 games when he returned, then followed that up with 8 points in 7 with the Canada U-18s.

Is described as a multi-threat forward that plays every shift like it's his last, a rare combination of skill and tenacity.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
5'10, 172 LHC

Missed early part of the season with a lacerated kidney but put up 10G 22A in 37 goals when he returned, then followed that up with 8 points in 7 with the Canada U-18s.

Is described as a multi-threat forward that plays every shift like it's his last, a rare combination of skill and tenacity.

Oh. Then he is perfect for Handsom Rod.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
From Brock:

"Honestly, an impossible player not to like as a scout. He works his ass off out there, but has way more skill than your average “pest.” He does everything well at a high tempo, including carrying the puck, and that should translate well to the next level. I do think that he'll need to prove that he can be a goal scorer by improving his shot. And I do think that he will also need to prove that his body can handle the way that he plays, as durability is a real concern. But guys like Rees do not grow on trees anymore. He is a throwback and a guy that could be a clutch playoff performer down the line. Just look at how his game elevated this year when faced with challenges (Hlinka-Gretzky, TPG, U18's). Someone has to like this guy enough to take him in the first round right?”

OHL Prospects: Final Media/Scout Poll for the 2019 NHL Draft

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
From Brock:

"Honestly, an impossible player not to like as a scout. He works his ass off out there, but has way more skill than your average “pest.” He does everything well at a high tempo, including carrying the puck, and that should translate well to the next level. I do think that he'll need to prove that he can be a goal scorer by improving his shot. And I do think that he will also need to prove that his body can handle the way that he plays, as durability is a real concern. But guys like Rees do not grow on trees anymore. He is a throwback and a guy that could be a clutch playoff performer down the line. Just look at how his game elevated this year when faced with challenges (Hlinka-Gretzky, TPG, U18's). Someone has to like this guy enough to take him in the first round right?”

Rees do not grow on trees.

My compliments to Brock.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
5'10, 172 LHC

Missed early part of the season with a lacerated kidney but put up 10G 22A in 37 goals when he returned, then followed that up with 8 points in 7 with the Canada U-18s.

A lacerated kidney?! Holy shit

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I read from a lot of posters that watch him on the regular that thought he'd be a steal in the late first. I like what I've seen and heard of him. Like I said in the other thread, I wouldn't have hated it at 28. I bet he has a big year.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
From Brock:

Additional comments from my final draft rankings:
OHL Prospects: My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2019 NHL Entry Draft - Part 4: 10-1

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
So they turned Fox into Rees and Honka plus another magic bean next year. If you look at the CGY trade a year later and which players will still be under team control after 7/1:

Hamilton + Rees + Honka + NYR ‘20 2nd/3rd pick

for

Hanifin + Lindholm

It’d look a lot better if Ferland had re-upped for a reasonable number, which i guess is still possible, but I really like the potential of Rees (by all accounts a 1st rd talent) and Honka ( a guy who seems to have the same ceiling as Fox, if he hits it). And it looks like Hamilton is at least a Cane for 2 more seasons. He’s still arguably the best player from that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad