GDT: #44 – Sabres at Leafs – Tue Jan 17, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Hysterically, we're still employing the core tenant of his system. Trash possession, low event hockey.

it's brutal, the talent on this team is no worse than Toronto's, the Leafs played up tempo hockey last season, Babcock took the lumps, one goal 4-3 losses, good possession. this season with better talent the one goal losses become wins.

if Murray doesn't fire Bylsma then he needs to go too. The Pegulas got rid of Rex Ryan in the same situation.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If we get a severe blow out (6+ goals against) the writing will be on the wall, if it isn't already. Does GMTM have the balls to do it mid season?

Bylsma's system is designed with the intention of not getting blown out ever. This is not how it's going to go down.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
it's brutal, the talent on this team is no worse than Toronto's, the Leafs played up tempo hockey last season, Babcock took the lumps, one goal 4-3 losses, good possession. this season with better talent the one goal losses become wins.

if Murray doesn't fire Bylsma then he needs to go too. The Pegulas got rid of Rex Ryan in the same situation.

Murray is not stupid, he's probably seeing the same things everyone is.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
"Unstoppable" was supposed to be the case after getting Eichel and O'Reilly...

With the defense we have iced the last two years even last season??? Give me a break. We still need two top 4 defenseman, another top 6 forward , and a top 9 forward.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not sure what was worse, how my lab went tonight or in the constant texts about the Leafs scoring. Considering one has a direct impact on my future, and the other is just another loss for a boring asked hockey team that plays boring ass hockey that has become almost unwatchable after over 40 years of fandom… Probably the bio lab.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I said it yesterday I wasn't fooled by this team. This effort was expected. They're a bad team, with a bad coach. My only regret is that Matthews, Nylander and Marner didn't have more points to really emphasize how much our system sucks and how much Babcock lets his young offensive players play.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I can only hope some posters start liking and following another team. Any team.

Nothing wrong with critiquing and criticizing what you see as the problem. That's not what some posters whine and cry about.

I liked Gionta, McCabe and Reinhart tonight.

So happy for you that this is good enough. This team is no better than the Vanek, Pommer, Miller team that started this whole tear down. How can we still be here?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Heard from someone at the parking lot that Ryan O'Reilly had to get on the bus sideways to fit the two Toronto players still attached to each of his shoulders through the door.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I can only hope some posters start liking and following another team. Any team.

Nothing wrong with critiquing and criticizing what you see as the problem. That's not what some posters whine and cry about.

I liked Gionta, McCabe and Reinhart tonight.

Ditto. Reinhart was only alright though. And add ROR like always.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
We can only hope the defense will be addressed this offseason as it should be. Atrocious d zone coverage. Lehner should only feel bad about the one trickler.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
We can only hope the defense will be addressed this offseason as it should be. Atrocious d zone coverage. Lehner should only feel bad about the one trickler.

He was too far in net on the matthews goal, should have challenged more.
I don't like him, still. i think he's slow.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Imagine if Risto actually stepped up on Kadri and rubbed him out so the deflection goal didn't happen. A lot of things could have been done differently.

The defense. Is. Horrendous.

To be fair, that was one of very few mistakes that Risto made today. He was good.

purplehaze89

Sep 10, 2005
Ditto. Reinhart was only alright though. And add ROR like always.

Just out of curiosity, because it is probably just tired legs on the back to back, but the Sabres have a lot of incredible offensive talent, is their so-so offense system-oriented?

And damn, you have some bruisers on the blue line. Lost track of the number of Leafs being crunched against the boards tonight.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Imagine if Risto actually stepped up on Kadri and rubbed him out so the deflection goal didn't happen. A lot of things could have been done differently.

The defense. Is. Horrendous.

I've been noticing Risto backing in and allowing easy zone entries a lot more of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad