GDT: #44 – Sabres at Leafs – Tue Jan 17, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg
VS.
rcqcRwR7_200x200.jpg

SABRES (17-17-9) at MAPLE LEAFS (20-13-8)

TUE JAN 17, 2017 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B, NHL.TV FREE GAME

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 212)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 43 games
Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Dec. 29; injured reserve) – 9 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 7 games
Josh Gorges (hip, Jan. 7) – 5 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
1/11: F Derek Grant claimed off waivers by Nashville
1/14: Assigned F Justin Bailey and G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)
1/16: Recalled F Cal O’Reilly from Rochester (AHL); Activated F Tyler Ennis from IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Jan. 20: Detroit at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 21: Buffalo at Montreal, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 24: Buffalo at Nashville, 8 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 26: Buffalo at Dallas, 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 31: Buffalo at Montreal, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES AT MAPLE LEAFS
This is the second of five meetings between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
Last meeting: Toronto defeated Buffalo 2-1 in Buffalo on Nov. 3, 2016
Next meeting: Saturday, Feb. 11 in Toronto
The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 2-5-3 on the road.
This is the 203rd game all-time between Buffalo and Toronto; Buffalo has a 111-65-26 series record.
The Sabres are 43-39-18 on the road against the Maple Leafs all-time.

Morning Skate: January 17, 2017 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Air Canada Centre

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I want Eichel and Reinhart to troll the laffs fans on the main board with a combined 10 points more than anything else right now.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
1-17: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (17:53)
Bylsma - the consistency of how we play is a little bit maddening. We've dealt with the diasppointment and got a win yesterday #Sabres

Bylsma - we came out pretty well against Dallas and got the early goal. We got a good win over a good Dallas team yesterday #Sabres

Bylsma - we stayed on top of Dallas all game and did a good job of limiting their opportunities #Sabres

Bylsma - Ennis is coming off an injury where he's not up to his speed yet. It will be a work in progress for another couple weeks #Sabres

Bylsma - with his style of play and what he brings to the table, it's nice to have Ennis back in the lineup #Sabres

Bylsma - we want to see Jack and Sam play together more. Those two have the best chemistry with each other, especially 23 with 15 #Sabres

Bylsma - there's some similarities w/Toronto's play that we faced yesterday w/Dallas. Their an aggressive team that can put pressure on you

Bylsma - we have to try to contain Toronto's speed and limit their chances tonight #Sabres

Bylsma - I speak with Dan Lambert twice a week about how players in ROC are doing. Alex had the opportunity to play in WJC...

Bylsma - Nylander played well in Canada, and probably played his best game as a pro in his first game back.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Why?

Who cares what anyone else thinks?

I care. I want my team and the players on it to be the best. I want Buffalo to shut down Matthews like we shut down McDavid in Edmonton. I want Eichel o have an explosion tonight and make a statement he's the best player on the ice. I love watching people eat crow.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Sabres outplayed them quite badly the last time - without Jack - but lost cuz of some great goaltending. Maybe they can pick up a win tonight.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I care. I want my team and the players on it to be the best. I want Buffalo to shut down Matthews like we shut down McDavid in Edmonton. I want Eichel o have an explosion tonight and make a statement he's the best player on the ice. I love watching people eat crow.

You care about what Leafs fans say on the main board?

Hahahah, OK.

Just win some games, and I'm perfectly happy. Everything else will fall right into place.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Why does it feel to me like Toronto is this awesome super up and coming team, having an incredible year, and their fans are totally in love with them. The media is all over them like they are the darlings of the league, and they can do no wrong.

The Sabres on the other hand have been underachieving all year, led by their superstar center that just "isn't good enough" and their D is a tire fire, and they are a complete mess.

But if you look at the standings we are only 3 points behind them. I think people should stop sleeping on the Sabres, because we're right behind them.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Toronto. Only one team I despise more than Toronto and that's Boston.
This game ranks really high in the must win column for me.

Come on boys, take it to'em tonight!

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Why does it feel to me like Toronto is this awesome super up and coming team, having an incredible year, and their fans are totally in love with them. The media is all over them like they are the darlings of the league, and they can do no wrong.

The Sabres on the other hand have been underachieving all year, led by their superstar center that just "isn't good enough" and their D is a tire fire, and they are a complete mess.

But if you look at the standings we are only 3 points behind them. I think people should stop sleeping on the Sabres, because we're right behind them.

Toronto fans are like this. They are having a great year. Everything is rolling for them. Pickup up a goalie on waivers and he stars for you a night later -- that's a good dice roll.

Leafs have good young players -- so do we -- and they've stayed healthy. They've got a of flaws. Putting the puck in at incredible rate.

Sabres still have so much deadwood and a crappy D. Leafs playing well is annoying but doesn't change Buffalo problems. Both teams have a long way to go -- Toronto may not realize that right now which would be a mistake.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I throw all logic out the window when at a Leafs game in person as I will be tonight. I don't care about standings, playoffs, draft picks -- I just want a beating for Sabres over Leafs

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY

Toronto plays a more exciting, offensive brand of hockey. Defensively lacking.

Buffalo plays a slow, boring but defensively "safer" brand of hockey. Offensively lacking.

Tends to lead to similar results in the standings, but its clear which is the team you'd rather watch/talk about... and on the surface, which team appears to have the "brighter future".

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Toronto plays a more exciting, offensive brand of hockey. Defensively lacking.

Buffalo plays a slow, boring but defensively "safer" brand of hockey. Offensively lacking.

Tends to lead to similar results in the standings, but its clear which is the team you'd rather watch/talk about... and on the surface, which team appears to have the "brighter future".

I think I'd rather still have the Sabres roster.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016

5 points behind. Leafs have two games in hand.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005

FWIW, it looks like they're actually 5 points up and have two games in hand.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Leafs fans have been particularly insufferable this year. You try to explain how bad our coaching and system is for offensive production, and they still just say "well maybe your players aren't as good as you thought they were."

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio

v v v v
You care about what Leafs fans say on the main board?

Hahahah, OK.

Just sayin...

---

Just don't lose to the ****ing leafs...

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
JVR - Bozak - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Brown
Komarov - Kadri - Nylander
Martin - Gauthier - Soshnikov

Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Carrick
Polak - Hunwick

Andersen
McElhinney

Leafs Lineup Tonight

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres winning 10-1 won't change the leafs' status as the hfboard alpha-trolls. A lot of their posters are good, but a lot more spoil the bunch.

This team is my #1 enemy, largely due to hf. It's been impossible for 3 years now to go into NHL general talk for pragmatic news updates and not glance to see "Sabres are a joke" "eichel sucks" or "tim Murray's DNA traced to nazi ancestors". I don't care if they ballwash their own players, they just never leave us out of it.

Oh yeah, I hope we beat them every time we play them, forever.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I remember vividly that 99 ECF series where Canadian media had the leafs going to the Stanley Cup finals led by Matts Sundin. They ran in to the Sabres and since then we've had their number. Hasek and Miller led the charge on this 17 year dominance run. If we are going to make it to 20 years we'll need that same goalie performance.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres winning 10-1 won't change the leafs' status as the hfboard alpha-trolls. A lot of their posters are good, but a lot more spoil the bunch.

This team is my #1 enemy, largely due to hf. It's been impossible for 3 years now to go into NHL general talk for pragmatic news updates and not glance to see "Sabres are a joke" "eichel sucks" or "tim Murray's DNA traced to nazi ancestors". I don't care if they ballwash their own players, they just never leave us out of it.

Oh yeah, I hope we beat them every time we play them, forever.

Tim Murray tanked even though he became the GM of a last place team while Shanahan lost with dignity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad