GDT: #43: New York Rangers@Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:00 PM ET @ CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
Honestly, what does Kobasew even do? Adams at least is good on the PK, Glass can potentially bring some physicality, and Conner can inexplicably score a few goals, but Chuck... Is just invisible.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
CPZ - at this point i'd agree. Koby is less needed on this team than Adams, Glass, and Jussi. He was playing for his career and now is just lost.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So Crosby has over twice as many goals, assists and points than NYR's leaders, and Kunitz'z +/- is over double theirs as well. Wow.

Pyatt broke up Gladams, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Might not have a point this year, but over the last 5 years (counting this one) Pyatt scores a point every 46 minutes, scores a goal every 88 minutes... the combination of Glass and Adams scores a point every 69 minutes... they score a goal every 235 minutes...

Lets look at it this way, Glass and adams have combined for 30 goals total the past 5 seasons, 5 of which came in the first few weeks of this one... Pyatt has 45 in that timeframe...

In tanner glass's 7 seasons he has had one season as a positive +/- player, a plus 5 five years ago
In Craig adams 15 year career he has been a positive +/- player twice

In 4 of the first five seasons Pyatt was a negative player, but even if he finishes with a negative this year it will only be the second time in his past 8 seasons he ended with a negative +/-

In summary, he may be a bum, but statistically he is more productive than Adams and Glass together:handclap:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The lines are pretty comparable with what they've put on the ice each of the last 10 or so games.

Engelland on the 4th line? Gladams split up? Neal actually starting with Crosby? Sutter on the "2nd" line? Bortuzzo, Despres, and Maatta all in the lineup and in their right spots?

Yeah that's comparable. I'm not holding my breath but still.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
So they all think it will be KCN but they dont realize I`ll put Adams on that line:naughty::naughty:
-Disco Dan

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
It pieces to a puzzle....

We know optimal first two lines are
Kunitz - Crosby - ________
_____ - Malkin - Neal
and that Bennett potentially fills one of those two spots

We know if JJ isnt needed on the top 2 lines the third line is
Jokienen - Sutter - ______
Ideally menga gets that spot, but Im sure it will be Connor or Ebbett or Kobesew

The forth line just got interesting... Vitale shoud Center... and Im sure THE Craig Adams will be a Fixture, but

Adams - Vitale - Pyatt

Ought to be better than A-V-Glass

Of Course this also leads us to the possibility of

Kunitz-Crosby-Vitale
Jokienen-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Kobesew
Pyatt-Adams-Glass

Or even worse Connor or Ebbett play over Bennett... But still i think this move potentially is in the right direction for now

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Kobasew healthy scratch tonight.

He earned it.

Engelland on the 4th line?
140249.gif

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.