GDT: #43: New York Rangers@Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:00 PM ET @ CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Rangers aren't as fun without Torterella there to call us whiners, divers, and cheaters... AV just stands there with a confused look on his face.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Rangers aren't as fun without Torterella there to call us whiners, divers, and cheaters... AV just stands there with a confused look on his face.

Torts is a ******, but he got everything he could out of that team. He realized the offensive talent was weak and found a way to win games anyways. AV has made Torts time in NY look pretty good.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Torts is a ******, but he got everything he could out of that team. He realized the offensive talent was weak and found a way to win games anyways. AV has made Torts time in NY look pretty good.

Torts is an ass while at the rink... but he's one of those guys that would break his back trying to make someone else's life enjoyable through hockey.

I've grown up in the same community as Brad Richards, and heard a lot of the great things Torts has done. He is actually a pretty great guy for all the huff and puff show he puts on with the media.

Michael8771*

Engelland on the 4th line? Gladams split up? Neal actually starting with Crosby? Sutter on the "2nd" line? Bortuzzo, Despres, and Maatta all in the lineup and in their right spots?

Yeah that's comparable. I'm not holding my breath but still.
Let me clarify, relative to who's been out (Letang, Martin and Geno) there isn't much change as far as who's playing.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
:( I know a guy who lost his dog today. He was at the garden and the little dog had his normal winter jacket on and he fell in the pool, was barking but by the time he got to the pool he drowned. The dog was old, probably could not swim that well. Also found out my mom has cancer today, but i could care less about her.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Torts is an ass while at the rink... but he's one of those guys that would break his back trying to make someone else's life enjoyable through hockey.

I've grown up in the same community as Brad Richards, and heard a lot of the great things Torts has done. He is actually a pretty great guy for all the huff and puff show he puts on with the media.

I've heard about what he's like away from the rink. But I don't think his treatment to the media was always fair, some deserved it (Brooks), but others often didn't. I don't buy that he was always using the media as a distraction for his players. It seemed like he would go off whether his team won or lost.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
I've heard about what he's like away from the rink. But I don't think his treatment to the media was always fair, some deserved it (Brooks), but others often didn't. I don't buy that he was always using the media as a distraction for his players. It seemed like he would go off whether his team won or lost.

He's a weird personality. I know fisherman home here that you would absolutley LOATHE while on the boat, but on land they are great people. The job changes some I guess.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
:( I know a guy who lost his dog today. He was at the garden and the little dog had his normal winter jacket on and he fell in the pool, was barking but by the time he got to the pool he drowned. The dog was old, probably could not swim that well. Also found out my mom has cancer today, but i could care less about her.

Well that made me do a double take

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I'm sorry for all of that.

He's a weird personality. I know fisherman home here that you would absolutley LOATHE while on the boat, but on land they are great people. The job changes some I guess.

I think Torts is a dick in those situations because he can be. Torts' situation is way different from a fisherman's, imo.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Kobasew healthy scratch tonight.
Really? Is there a source? If so, then it´s fantastic. Engo´s much better 4th liner than Kobasew, at least he has an identity out there.

Kobasew adds absolutely nothing and shouldn´t be playing hockey at all right now. He´s so forgettable hockey player, hopefully we waive him ASAP.

If he can´t crack our lineup with Malkin/BB/Megnatron/Conner out, then you know that guy is in the trouble. So useless.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

Yeah, I completely understand. I don't really know if there is always an excuse for it or it being strategic advantage, but yeah he always sounded like a great guy away from his job.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
I'm sorry for all of that.

I think Torts is a dick in those situations because he can be. Torts' situation is way different from a fisherman's, imo.

yeah for sure... just using a situation I have seen first hand haha

Zdeno33Lucic*

Gino and letang out for tonight just reported on montreal radio...

Bet 500$ on pens before knowing this -_-

Were they not supposed to play????

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Gino and letang out for tonight just reported on montreal radio...

Bet 500$ on pens before knowing this -_-

Were they not supposed to play????

they were both questionable at best. Geno reported that he had pain and weakness still. Letang didn't say much at all. Either way, they've both been our for weeks.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have hope, inasmuch as I hope KCN stays together all game and oputs up 5 points and we don't see some absurd thing like KCAdams or KCGlass or KCPyatt for significant time

Blitzburgh87*

Wow how tragic :( and you should man. You only get one mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad