#43 KINGS beat CANUCKS 3-1 in Quick's return in Goal

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
good intensity from top to bottom for 60-minutes. exactly what was needed.

good first game back for Quick. perfect amount of real game time, without it being to much that could tax him on his return. he looked solid after the first 5-10 minutes, which he was a bit scramble-y and having some rebound control miscues. after that he settled in and was a sponge.

Frattin and Toffoli looked good out there, Richie is going to have to get his feet moving with these two.

it's always great to beat the Nucks and send their fans out of the Stapler disappointed

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
So am I the only one that still thinks the Kings looked pretty bad? Carter, outside of his first goal couldn't handle the puck to save his life. Same with Richards and Frattin. We couldn't complete passes, got hemmed in our zone quite a bit. Muzzin was god awful. All around it was a pretty scrambly game.

Big ups to Quick for a solid performance in his first game back, and I have to say Dwight King is looking pretty damn good these days. Really been impressed with his passing in particular.

Oh, and this is why Martinez should never be scratched.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Did anyone see the interview with Richards in the first intermission with Elliotte Friedman? He couldn't finish because he was losing his voice or coughing up a hairball. It was pretty funny.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
So am I the only one that still thinks the Kings looked pretty bad? Carter, outside of his first goal couldn't handle the puck to save his life. Same with Richards and Frattin. We couldn't complete passes, got hemmed in our zone quite a bit. Muzzin was god awful. All around it was a pretty scrambly game.

Big ups to Quick for a solid performance in his first game back, and I have to say Dwight King is looking pretty damn good these days. Really been impressed with his passing in particular.

Not so much. Kings dominated -- the possession stats tomorrow will show it -- just took abit for that to show up on the scoreboard.

The Kings play "money hockey" -- the averages. It's the system from player identification to drafting and trading, to in game moves. It doesn't always payoff, but it pays of more than it doesn't over time.

Tonight's was a nice King's win.

The Martinez thing is creepy however. It shouldn't payoff, but apparently it does.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Nobody mentions that Brown scores?? Game tying goal.....clutch.....nice, good job Brownie. Now, keep it going.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
The Martinez thing is creepy however. It shouldn't payoff, but apparently it does.

to quote myself

Martinez helps the offence hugely though. He ensures the 3rd pairing end a majority of their ice time in the offensive or neutral zone. Meaning our scoring lines can start their shifts in the offensive zone and generate chances. The Greene Mitchell pairing get trapped in their own zone, meaning Kopitar has to come out and waste shifts just getting the puck out of our zone against top lines, instead of starting the the offensive zone against 3rd lines

Its a trickle down effect. With all 3 defensive pairs keeping the puck in the other end, the Kings as a whole generate more chances. With a 3rd pairing incapable of getting out of their zone, the rest of the team has to start in the defensive zone more, and end up taking more penalties playing long defensive shifts

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kings win, and only 3 pages worth of material. Kings lose, and you're looking at 6+ pages. Where are all the fair weather fans?

Not a very bright post.

1. Fair weather fans are fans who only support the team when they win, so if there were many fair weather fans on this board the opposite would happen.

2. There is less to talk about and less venting after wins, you go to any board on this site or any forum for that matter and the same is true, of every single one of those sites. But that still doesn't stop fans like yourself from saying this, like it's something that is exclusive to this board.

Also it's a Saturday night on top of that, more people are out and not posting on a message board as would be on a Tuesday

reset

Puck Luck
Oct 5, 2005
South Bay
great game from the boys

brown def showed up.
king solid as always.
quick was sharp.

why does richards look like hes dragging a boat anchor out there?

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Let's hope the 'Nucks players feel that sting of defeat enough to motivate them to destroy Anaheim tomorrow... that would be nice to see :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Too quiet, must have been a satisfying end to a losing streak :P

Already know the result so no biggie, but I'm sitting down to watch the game now.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.

Personally I thought we looked pretty good breaking out with having a PMD on all three pairings we looked more fluid, but I agree carter looked like williams normally does on home ice with the puck bouncing off his stick alot and then potting a nice goal, could be the ice in areas because there was alot of losing edges tonight to.......with our system we look unbeatable when the goalie makes those 3-5 great saves most nights, I think scrivens and jones just ran out of those the last 5 games

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
So nice to get a win again. Great to see brown score and climb all over luongo in the process, hopefully that brings his confidence up a notch or two. I'm quite relieved Quick had a solid game and came through unscathed, It would have been a desperate situation if he had **** the bed. That Kesler gives me the ****s, he dives even when he scores a goal, then goes into some sort of Pejorative Slured rigor mortis. Martinez played well and i'm still pleasantly surprised by King this year. I hope Williams isn't too dinged up after that se****o hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad