#43 KINGS beat CANUCKS 3-1 in Quick's return in Goal

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
The amount of Quick hate on the main board is staggering. I hate it when the Olympics come around. People on here turn into pieces of ****.

Anyway, so happy I didn't cut my wrists after the last game. Nice to get a win over the Nucks.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
himym-marshall-lily-high-five.gif
Retraction_Five.gif
giphy.gif

KINGS WIN !!!

00038ef2.gif

20111020132515_3.jpg
tumblr_m2jvsncbQC1qdqpur_large.gif

TBBT-the-big-bang-theory-32235092-500-281.gif

KINGS WIN !!!

tumblr_m0h8l7MsWe1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

tumblr_lqczwizJe51qhr01io1_250.gif

Last edited:

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Just remember everyone... Quick is a system goalie. Totally garbage.

Yeah, and Kopitar's defensive stats are only good because of the system. And Doughty's only good because he plays in front of a good goalie and has good backchecking forwards who cover for him.

Apparently all of our individual players are overrated due to a system that is somehow made up of none of our overrated players.

What number does system wear again? I'm confused.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Yeah, and Kopitar's defensive stats are only good because of the system. And Doughty's only good because he plays in front of a good goalie and has good backchecking forwards who cover for him.

Apparently all of our individual players are overrated due to a system that is somehow made up of none of our overrated players.

What number does system wear again? I'm confused.

Getting the Devils treatment. Hopefully the Kings can win as many as they did. :D

stonedhenge

Jun 29, 2010
When Carter took those two stupid penalties, I knew, he would kill the Nucks later. It's funny to see how Toffoli's becoming a grinder. Frattin is much better and more skilled than guys like Clifford, Nolan, Lewis, Fraser, Stoll. He should play on the third line with Richards and TT. Muzzin is driving me nuts. Kings need upgrade over Muzzin, maybe someone like Roman Josi from Nashville.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
nolan >>> clifford lewis fraser and stoll (outside faceoff ability and shot)...
i hate it when people lump him in with cliffy lewy and fraser. his game has improved in so many areas.. imo hes got more offensive capabilities than his numbers show (blame 4th line minutes with fraser cliffy lewis etc.)

i thought it was awesome seeing him try to take on a nucks defender one on one last night! our other plugs would just chip n chase. the kid wants to impact the game anyway he can. love watching him play.

KingKopitar11*

When Carter took those two stupid penalties, I knew, he would kill the Nucks later. It's funny to see how Toffoli's becoming a grinder. Frattin is much better and more skilled than guys like Clifford, Nolan, Lewis, Fraser, Stoll. He should play on the third line with Richards and TT. Muzzin is driving me nuts. Kings need upgrade over Muzzin, maybe someone like Roman Josi from Nashville.

Haha me too. When you get Carter mad, he will hunt you down lol. I thought the same thing.

nolan >>> clifford lewis fraser and stoll (outside faceoff ability and shot)...
i hate it when people lump him in with cliffy lewy and fraser. his game has improved in so many areas.. imo hes got more offensive capabilities than his numbers show (blame 4th line minutes with fraser cliffy lewis etc.)

This and it's not really close. Nolan back checks so much it's crazy how solid he is defensively considering his line. I always seem him picking up the spot for pinching defenseman. And he's big, he's got good hands, and he has good hockey IQ, he see's plays develop as well. And last but not least, the kid has a pretty good shot. Watching him play you realize he has a lot of untapped potential. He just has so many tools, imagine if he hones it all.

Only weakness with Nolan is how he handle passes, and passes. He grips the stick too tight on passes and it usually goes off his blade often. But the kid has some really good qualities.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
King-Kopi-Carts
Brown-Stoll-Williams
Frattin-Richards-Top Titty
Clifford-Lewis-Nolan

DD-Muzzin
VV-Mitchell
Regher-Amart

I think we have our lines gentlemen. Big lines awesome, second line has a ton of chemistry, that third line looked really good, and we got our grinders for grinding.

Quick looked amazing. Its great he got injured, because he had all that time to practice. He looked better than he has all season tonight. Lets start to climb. GKG

Yeah, I love these lines/pairing. Now, if only Sutter can stay consistent. Toffoli plays best with Richards as his center, or Vey. I don't know why he broke up Brown-Stoll-Williams/King-Kopitar-Carter, those guys were all solid together.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Frattin best game since he got to LA, hope he keeps it up

QFT.

That was EASILY ......EASILY........Frattin's best game as a King. Skating-wise, he looked better than Carter out there. Too bad he doesn't have Carter's hands....

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
In all seriousness, I really want to know why you think Frattin had his "best game" or even a good game. Because from what I could see, he was simply just playing alongside Toffoli when he was creating opportunities, not Frattin. TT gave that guy so many chances and he blew ALL of them.

All I see is fast skating and nothing more.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In all seriousness, I really want to know why you think Frattin had his "best game" or even a good game. Because from what I could see, he was simply just playing alongside Toffoli when he was creating opportunities, not Frattin. TT gave that guy so many chances and he blew ALL of them.

All I see is fast skating and nothing more.

I see a guy who was finally given a shot playing with speed, strength, and tenacity. If he gets that shot over a few games, I imagine he'll warm up more.

Ron*

This guy's hustle on Carter's GWG made all the difference. Great hustle, and great pass.

That's all.

Craig_Jason_Dwight_King_t470.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Dwight King has gone from everyone's favorite whipping boy to the Kings' best LW. He's a different player when playing with Kopitar and Carter, he actually carries the puck and makes plays as opposed to dumping and retrieving the puck which we were used to seeing from him when playing with Stoll and Lewis.

Seems like Quick, Doughty and Brown step up their game when they play the Canucks. Quick did not look rusty one bit and he shut the door after Kesler's goal. The Kings dominated the game after the first 20 minutes.

Now I hope this is a start of a new streak. Didn't seem like Greene was missed on the blueline and they really benefited from having Martinez on the ice as a mobile puck mover opposite to Regehr.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Nice job by Brownie.

That game tying goal was clutch, and he fell on Luongo as well.

Awesome job, keep it up Brownie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad