Post-Game Talk: #43 | FLYERS (A) vs. Penguins (H) | Thursday, Apr. 15, 2021 | 2-1 win (2-1 SO)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What precisely has Hagg done to lift either player?

Is it the way he never moves the puck? Is it the way he abandons his job to leave them alone defending rushes? Is it the way he's out of position and rarely prevents or suppresses passes or shots? His inability to create offense? His usual failure to win races or board battles? Is it the way his partners are always the defensive anchor of the pairing?

Pray tell, what is it that he specifically does that lifts them.

With his on-ice ability? Literally nothing.
What is this, most likely? A small sample.

Although what doesn't hurt is...

At 5v5...Off. Zone
Start %
Off. Zone
Faceoff %
Sanheim overall46.2747.69
Sanheim
WITH Hagg
Difference+16.89+20.88
Ghost overall60.1153.10
Ghost
WITH Hagg
Difference+6.56+14.55
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Both have significantly higher rates with Hagg than with any other D partners and Hagg has a far higher % of offensive zone faceoffs than any other D on the roster.
It's not everything but it probably helps.

Great job by AV to maximize effectiveness by putting our worst offensive player in the offensive zone as much as possible.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Why would you trade a bottom six forward with top six upside who'll you'll be able to sign to a cheap bridge deal?
Because I think it’s a good idea to jettison low-motor, inconsistent players who don’t seem to have a thirst for the game. Patrick looks like he has absolutely no fun playing, & his interviews are the same.

The Flyers need to rid themselves of that type & bring in competitors with some energy & fire in their bellies.

I don’t care if Patrick blossoms elsewhere. He strikes me as the type of player who will always leave you wanting more. Better to just move on & let him be another team’s problem.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If he keeps playing like he did tonight, he will score. Very noticeable in a positive way, and made a few good defensive reads too

I feel like I've watched the Flyers my whole life and seen guys who are new and seem to have some skill and pop and the Flyers turn them into a pile of turds.

Observational bias of course.

Ryan Hartman is the most obvious recent example. Long term, Ghost certainly fits.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I feel like I've watched the Flyers my whole life and seen guys who are new and seem to have some skill and pop and the Flyers turn them into a pile of turds.

Observational bias of course.

Ryan Hartman is the most obvious recent example. Long term, Ghost certainly fits.

Doing their utmost to smash and suppress Sanheim. And TK. For a minute, Couturier.

Destroying whatever offensive spark Hagg might have had when drafted so he can be "responsible" and reducing him to a pile of nothing.

A team that once prized flair, creativity, and skill now punishing those traits rather than fostering them.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I feel like that chart listing odds of every team at not making the playoffs while also not getting a high pick should be posted after every win now. Maybe loss too.

I want losses combined with Hart getting on a roll and kids playing well. Best case scenario.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I want losses combined with Hart getting on a roll and kids playing well. Best case scenario.

I mean, yeah, but in true Flyers fashion they’ve pretty much killed odds of getting a high pick already. It’s also a year where nobody really knows what to expect with the draft so whatever I guess.

Reactions: Rebels57

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Edit - ah crap, sharing posts from LinkedIn doesn't work. It's absurd to be found on that network but there was a hilarious view of where the H was our others Dman during the pens goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad