Post-Game Talk: #43 | FLYERS (A) vs. Penguins (H) | Thursday, Apr. 15, 2021 | 2-1 win (2-1 SO)

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Great game by Allison and Hart. Nice to see someone finally have the cajones to go to the dirty areas. I very much enjoyed seeing Hayes getting pissed off at Hart for not going out to play the puck in OT. He looked frustrated as hell today and really has nothing going for him right now. Maybe the anger will wake him up.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Eat shit, Pitt.

The extra t is appreciated.

giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What do you want from Hagg? Take the puck from his goal to behind the other goal and then make a lame pass that's intercepted? Oh, that's Sanheim.

Hagg is so bad at puck moving that he was giving it over to Braun when they were together. Braun of all people has to be the puckmover on that pair. It inevitably resulted in Pitt having the puck, but luckily the duo fled the ice after turning it over so a real pairing could defend the result of their play.

You know what I'd like for him not to do? I'd like for him to not relentlessly pinch, fail, and leave his partner to defend against 2-3 players numerous times a game. I'd like for him not to kill quality offensive pressure by ignoring a wide open easy pass to TK so he can lob a shit wrister into a Penguin while totally unpressured. I'd like him not to take circuitous, bizarre paths to his own zone multiple times a game as a forward tries to cover his assignment because he's just wandering around lost. I'd like him to stop bombing unhandleable passes to the blue line that are inevitably recovered by the other team. I'd like him to stop being out of position, and in particular dragging himself out of position chasing players to bump after they've already moved the puck.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Allison looked good. Very promising debut.

He seemed a much better hockey player than he was when I saw him as a freshman in college. He’s learned a lot. Kudos to the W. Mich staff.

He was one of the few Flyers who could keep up with the pace of the play, & lord knows the team needs a guy or two with his size, strength, shot, energy, & personality.

Reactions: flyerslducks

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wow look what happens when you call up actually good prospects like Wade Allison and not the likes of “Bunny”, “Twarynski” and “Sushky”

Now try York and I guarantee he’ll be better than half the dmen in the nightly lineup

Well, he did spend four years in college and is 23.
Whereas Bunnaman and Twarynski had one year in the AHL and were called up at 21.

There's a reason good teams "marinate" prospects.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Allison looked good. Very promising debut.

He seemed a much better hockey player than he was when I saw him as a freshman in college. He’s learned a lot. Kudos to the W. Mich staff.

He was one of the few Flyers who could keep up with the pace of the play, & lord knows the team needs a guy or two with his size, strength, shot, energy, & personality.

Now we wait for the team to smash all of that positivity out of him.

Delightful!

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
Allison has on ice awareness. Quickness, head on a swivel, vision, grit. Like Patrick comes to work every day riding out a guaranteed living, burying his head in his cubicle. Into the corner out of the corner. No drive. No grind. Allison is the dude that comes in an hour early to work, asks HR for the stand at his desk rig, and grinds all day like nothing is a given the next day.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad